Latest Movies

B*D*A

• 2 weeks later...

I thought Covenant was a great movie, but at best a so-so addition to the Alien universe.

I miss the likes of Alien and Aliens, but those are also two of the best sci-fi movies in existence so I've accepted that they'll never hit those highs again.

Michael Fassbender is an incredible actor, and he did not disappoint in Covenant.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

9 hours ago, hispeed7721 said:

..Alien and Aliens, but those are also two of the best sci-fi movies in existence...

Concur. 

There are 3 more planned for the Alien franchise with Scott directing with a loop back to the original 1979 Alien movie, linking Prometheus, Covenant, .... to Alien.  

Looking forward to that and to pay homage to the original, the trailer for the 1979 Alien...

5 hours ago, Clark Griswold said:

Concur. 

There are 3 more planned for the Alien franchise with Scott directing with a loop back to the original 1979 Alien movie, linking Prometheus, Covenant, .... to Alien.  

Looking forward to that and to pay homage to the original, the trailer for the 1979 Alien...

Prometheus, Covenant, 3 more to follow with a lead in to Alien.  So far, so good.

First two were entertaining, but not watered down and insulting.  Given modern CGI, it's plain to see that the only thing that could fuck it all up is shitty middle school writing and a raging merchandising boner.  Gawddayum I really wish Lucas would have sold Star Wars to Disney BEFORE that Roger Rabbit Phantom Menace abortion got started.

[RANT OFF]

Baywatch was absolutely hilarious. It didn't take itself seriously at all, and I thought everyone in the movie played their part well. If you're going to see it expecting a developed plot or serious movie, save your money. It also helped that Alexandra Daddario and Kelly Rohrbach (who are top tier to begin with) are in the Baywatch standard-issue uniforms the whole time.

18 hours ago, hispeed7721 said:

Baywatch was absolutely hilarious. It didn't take itself seriously at all, and I thought everyone in the movie played their part well. If you're going to see it expecting a developed plot or serious movie, save your money. It also helped that Alexandra Daddario and Kelly Rohrbach (who are top tier to begin with) are in the Baywatch standard-issue uniforms the whole time.

Was wondering about this one, I'll check it out now.

On 5/27/2017 at 3:24 PM, 17D_guy said:

Watched War Machine on Netflix.  

It was painfully familiar while being totally fake.  Worth my time.

Watched it last night.  Wasn't as impressed with it, although I thought Farmer Ted did a good job in his role...

• 2 weeks later...

Do not see The Mummy. I wasn't terribly impressed by the trailer, but I followed the wife to it skeptically. The first 20 minutes is military-centric and is so ridiculously implausible that it ruined the rest of the movie. F- , zero points, I want my money back.

Sent from my iPad using Baseops Network Forums

On 6/11/2017 at 6:30 AM, Toro said:

Do not see The Mummy. I wasn't terribly impressed by the trailer, but I followed the wife to it skeptically. The first 20 minutes is military-centric and is so ridiculously implausible that it ruined the rest of the movie. F- , zero points, I want my money back.

The Mummy without Brendan Fraser? WTF were they thinking?

• 4 weeks later...

not a movie BUT did anyone see the new documentary on Amelia Earhart?  It featured former fighter pilot/author Dan Hampton. I thought it was pretty good - I always take history channel documentaries with a grain of salt though.

9189283.jpg

Speaking of movies...

• Downvote 1

If anybody was considering, stay away from the Beguiled. The previews made it out to be a 19th century Misery-esque horror movie. It turned to be a mind numbingly boring steaming pile of shit with no point and zero redeeming qualities. The movie ended with a cut to black and I literally yelled out loud, "Are you ing kidding me?!"

16 hours ago, Toro said:

If anybody was considering, stay away from the Beguiled. The previews made it out to be a 19th century Misery-esque horror movie. It turned to be a mind numbingly boring steaming pile of shit with no point and zero redeeming qualities. The movie ended with a cut to black and I literally yelled out loud, "Are you ing kidding me?!"

Bro, based off this picture, I don't know anyone that would be considering that movie. :beer:MV5BMTg5NjY3NDYxMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjI5

• Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 5:06 PM, Day Man said:

Bro, based off this picture, I don't know anyone that would be considering that movie. :beer:MV5BMTg5NjY3NDYxMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjI5

The dick-in-the-popcorn technique works best if she's into the movie.

Dunkirk tonight.  So So IMO.  Cinematography was good.  Story line and phasing of movie takes some getting used to.  Dialog hard to hear/understand at some points.  If you know the history of this situation, you can make it all work.  Anyone that doesn't (like my smoking hot blonde wife sitting next to me)....she would have been lost if I hadn't explained what happened in a historical sense at Dunkirk (before the movie).

For the flying parts, most excellent Spitfire action that any aviator will enjoy.....up to a point.  Not going to spoil it, but any of you will know when to suspend a little physics.

Cheers

ATIS

• Upvote 1