Latest Movies

B*D*A

Saw Top Gun in 3D IMAX last night... pretty impressive on the huge screen!

They also showed a trailer for a Jurassic Park 3D IMAX re-release coming, I think, in April!

The movie theater I was at is having a Die Hard marathon tomorrow starting at 11am; they are going to show all the Die Hard movies back to back, ending with the new one at 10pm... Not sure if I should take a day off to check that out or not.

• 3 weeks later...

They filmed the scenes of the outside of the White House last summer on a set right next to the CenturyLink arena in Bossier City, LA, just down the road from the main gate at Barksdale. Saw them filming one night as we drove past heading to the in-laws' place. Seems like it should be pretty good.

They filmed the scenes of the outside of the White House last summer on a set right next to the CenturyLink arena in Bossier City, LA, just down the road from the main gate at Barksdale. Saw them filming one night as we drove past heading to the in-laws' place. Seems like it should be pretty good.

Looks awesome! That's pretty much the same story line of the book "Transfer of Power" by Vince Flynn and that was a great read.

• 2 weeks later...

Had the option of "Olympus" and "Safe Haven". Deferred to the Frau, she selected Safe Haven. Not bad, it's a Nick Sparks romance, and is a good date movie, but the Frau said it was a little slow, and wished we'd gone to Olympus. After the review posted above, I'll have to tell her she made a good call.

Olympus has Fallen is a giant steaming pile of shit.

If you can make it past the first hour without hurling your popcorn at the screen in rage, you're a better man than I.

This surprises you? I could tell by the trailer that it was going to be bullshit...

• Upvote 3

This surprises you? I could tell by the trailer that it was going to be bullshit...

OK piece of FICTION - Secret Service without hookers (now that's a stretch). May be a big hit in North Korea with a slight modification to the ending.

OK, not the latest version, but definitely the better one!

For those with a Kindle, there's a free book being offered on the original (better) movie...

31YyiNONULL.jpg

Wolverines: Reflections on Red Dawn contains 23 essays on various subjects relating to the 1984 cult-classic film Red Dawn. The author, Ryan Lewellin, is an avid fan of the film and analyzes some of the themes, historical context, characters and events within the film along with some speculation on some of the story's loose ends. Lewellin taps into his military experience in Iraq as well as his knowledge of history, geopolitics and survivalism to provide some unique insights on a film that he believes is often misunderstood and misinterpreted.

The essays include:

- Introduction

- Making Sense Out of the Backstory

- Putting Red Dawn Into Historical Context

- The Great Dystopia

- The Strenuous Life

- Colonel Bella: Partisan to Policeman

- What Red Dawn Really Says About War

- Red Dawn on Two Domestic Issues

- Nature's Indifference

- Lessons in Self-Sufficiency from The Masons

- Did All That Hate Really Burn Robert Up?

- Morris Market Supply Run: A Survivalist's Dream

- Complacency Kills

- Erica and Toni: The Guerrillas Next Door

- Danny: Somewhere Between "Weiner" and "Warrior"

- Aardvark: American Che Guevara

- The Wolverine as a Mascot

- Reflections of Foreign Policy

- Red Dawn and Black Gold

- No Greater Love...

- On Guerrilla Warfare and Red Dawn: Different Time and Place, Similar Story

- The Execution

- The Chinese Holocaust

- Is Red Dawn Realistic or Not? Tackling the Question

- Bonus: The Iron Heel by Jack London

- Bonus: Tomorrow When The War Began

I just downloaded it, but I'm in the middle of three books already at the moment (American Sniper, The Bear Went Over The Mountain and The Other Side of the Mountain). so it might be a while before I get to it.

Cheers! M2