Latest Movies

B*D*A

I was impressed that they had this in the local theaters, and I saw it a couple months back. Huge thumbs up. Go in expecting zero plot, acting skills, or character development -- but demand a metric shit-ton of ass-kicking, and you will be pleased.

I will say, however, that the new Amazing Spiderman was better than the 2002 version with Tobey Maguire.

You thought so? I thought Tobey Maguire was a much better Peter Parker. Andrew Garfield didn't really seem like he fit the role.

You thought so? I thought Tobey Maguire was a much better Peter Parker. Andrew Garfield didn't really seem like he fit the role.

I think it was a wash in terms of who was a better Peter Parker. Where I thought the latest rendition was better was in the development of Parker's history with respect to how he came to live with his aunt and uncle and the whereabouts of his parents. I also thought Parker's love interest was more intriguing than in the 2002 version.

I think it was a wash in terms of who was a better Peter Parker. Where I thought the latest rendition was better was in the development of Parker's history with respect to how he came to live with his aunt and uncle and the whereabouts of his parents. I also thought Parker's love interest was more intriguing hotter than in the 2002 version.

FIFY

• Upvote 1

Agreed

Hollywood's lack of originality in rebooting/remaking movies is incredible (or maybe not). I will say, however, that the new Amazing Spiderman was better than the 2002 version with Tobey Maguire.

Agreed.

I liked that they didn't speed through the origin story to jump right into the action. They took the time to build Peter Parker as a character, they showed him practicing with his powers and gizmos, and they did an excellent job developing an actual relationship between him and his aunt & uncle.

I also liked that this one was pretty explicit in how Spiderman was moving through the city, something many versions gloss over.

• Upvote 1

I thought he was a way better Peter Parker. I admit to reading Spider-Man as a kid, and this character was much closer to the real one, especially when trash-talking or cracking jokes as he caught the bad guys. I liked this version much more than the Tobey Maguire versions, and I think Sam Raimi is an awesome director. Army of Darkness...

• Upvote 1

I always thought "Rainbow Six" would have made a great movie. Maybe someday. Heck there's a whole slew of books I've read recently that would be great flicks....if done properly. And that's the usual problem with movies. Take a great story and put some gay hollywood twist on it and thus ruin it.

• Upvote 2

I always thought "Rainbow Six" would have made a great movie. Maybe someday. Heck there's a whole slew of books I've read recently that would be great flicks....if done properly.

My vote would be for Clancy's "Red Storm Rising", although it would probably take 2 sequels to cover the 800+ pages.

• Upvote 1

My vote would be for Clancy's "Red Storm Rising", although it would probably take 2 sequels to cover the 800+ pages.

Part of Red Storm Rising is already in a movie. "The Sum of All Fears"

Red Storm Rising Chapter 20 - The Dance of the Vampires

When the sneaky fucking Russians attacked the Carrier battle group.That scene was taken right out of Chapter 20.

"Vampire, Vampire!" the CIC talker said aboard Ticonderoga. "We have numerous incoming

missiles. Weapons free."

Anyway, it is a little hard to do a movie about the Cold War now. Just look at the remake of Red Dawn. Guess they could adapt Red Storm Rising to the North Koreans.

Anyway, it is a little hard to do a movie about the Cold War now. Just look at the remake of Red Dawn. Guess they could adapt Red Storm Rising to the North Koreans.

I suppose you're right. One reader's review of the book from "goodreads.com" went like this:

"My relationship with this book got off to a bad start. I've never known much about or cared much for the Cold War, and while I read of the Russian Politburo plotting a way to seize oil from the Persian Gulf without incurring NATO opposition, I was wiki-ing terms like "KGB" and "Kremlin". Things didn't improve when the Russians failed to break up NATO, World War III started, and I was searching my dictionary for things like "fighter" and "carrier".

Are you fvcking kidding me?

(apologies for the thread derail)

I suppose you're right. One reader's review of the book from "goodreads.com" went like this:

"My relationship with this book got off to a bad start. I've never known much about or cared much for the Cold War, and while I read of the Russian Politburo plotting a way to seize oil from the Persian Gulf without incurring NATO opposition, I was wiki-ing terms like "KGB" and "Kremlin". Things didn't improve when the Russians failed to break up NATO, World War III started, and I was searching my dictionary for things like "fighter" and "carrier".

Are you fvcking kidding me?

(apologies for the thread derail)

There are a lot of clueless people out there that can't even remember who we fought for American Independence way back when.

"The Dark Knight Rises". Very solid flick. Didn't find it to be as good of a film as "The Dark Knight" and Bane wasn't as good of a villain as Joker (hard for anyone to measure up to that), but it was a good conclusion to the trilogy.

• Upvote 1

Also, Bobcat Goldthwait's movie "God Bless America" just came out on DVD this month. Thinking about renting it this weekend. It looks sooooooo funny!

I'll be shocked if it doesn't get pulled from the shelves after this weekend.

"The Dark Knight Rises". Very solid flick. Didn't find it to be as good of a film as "The Dark Knight" and Bane wasn't as good of a villain as Joker (hard for anyone to measure up to that), but it was a good conclusion to the trilogy.

I liked Bane, but not sure his voice was the right fit.

Anne Hathaway did a great job as Catwoman though. Girl certainly pulled off the onesie with ease.

Anne%20Hathaway%20Catwoman%20The%20Dark%20Knight%20Rises%20new%20still.jpg

Edited by StoleIt

I liked Bane, but not sure his voice was the right fit. Anne Hathaway did a great job as Catwoman though. Girl certainly pulled off the onesie with ease. Anne%20Hathaway%20Catwoman%20The%20Dark%20Knight%20Rises%20new%20still.jpg

Wait, she pulls it off? Going to see this right now!