Latest Movies

B*D*A

From another forum...

Total Recall remake

http://www.hulu.com/...94/total-recall

I always preferred the original Philip K. Dick story to the Arnold Schwarzenegger vehicle.

This new adaptation looks like it is more true to the original story.

Film also has two of my favorite bits of eye candy: Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel icon_biggrin.gif. Can't go wrong with this.

Looks good, more along the lines of Bladerunner (which is also based on a PKD novel)!

I'll vouch for Hatfields and McCoys too. I just finished it today and was impressed. I sat down to check out a few minutes of it and wound up watching the whole damn thing. It's no Band of Brothers or Lonesome Dove, but it isn't bad.

Finished watching Hatfields and McCoys today and agree entirely...

Cheers! M2

I too watched the 'Hatfields and McCoys' series this weekend. I thought it was done extremely well, and if you research the feud, the movie seems to closely follow the true story. Refreshing to see some quality stuff on tv.

Edited by HeloDude

Seems like all your suggestions in this thread have something to do with a twisted, murdering scheme, M2.

Anyone seen Prometheus? Heard it was decent.

Wasn't a fan of Promethius. Really had nothing to do with Alien until the very end. Kind of drawn out. Not terrible but not great.

Edited for iPhone retardedness

Edited by blud84

Want a fan of Promethius. Really had nothing to do with Alien until the very end. Kind of drawn out. Not terrible but not great.

Ok, but why do you "want a fan of Promethius"? Seems like you could just be a fan yourself.

Want a fan of Promethius. Really had nothing to do with Alien until the very end. Kind of drawn out. Not terrible but not great.

I thought it was pretty good. The Alien tie-in at the end really wasn't necessary in my opinion; it was a pretty interesting movie on its own. Actually I kind of think it would've been better without the alien thing at all! Anyway it was worth seeing if you ask me.

Plus you'll see the latest Tarentino trailer:

Edited by spaceman

My son said it was good. His girfriend said she wished she could unsee it because it frightened her.

That's enough for me to give it a shot.

I enjoyed Prometheus very much. If you're familiar with Alien then the end of Prometheus wasn't the only tie-in. The Weyland Corp. in Prometheus ends up becoming Weyland-Yutani in the Alien movies, the "derelict" spaceship from Alien and Aliens is the same type of spaceship from Prometheus (not the one the humans fly), and one of the humanoid aliens in Prometheus is also found dead in Alien when they investigate the "derelict" spaceship. The events of Prometheus take place roughly 30 years before Alien.

Prometheus was originally supposed to be a prequel to Alien but Ridley Scott decided he wanted a different story that occurred in the same universe. I think the movie does an excellent job of creating its own story while giving subtle nods to Alien.

• Upvote 1

My son said it was good. His girfriend said she wished she could unsee it because it frightened her.

That's enough for me to give it a shot.

There is definitely some pretty good creepy alien stuff. One scene in particular I'd think would make any woman squirm!

I enjoyed Prometheus very much. If you're familiar with Alien then the end of Prometheus wasn't the only tie-in. The Weyland Corp. in Prometheus ends up becoming Weyland-Yutani in the Alien movies, the "derelict" spaceship from Alien and Aliens is the same type of spaceship from Prometheus (not the one the humans fly), and one of the humanoid aliens in Prometheus is also found dead in Alien when they investigate the "derelict" spaceship. The events of Prometheus take place roughly 30 years before Alien.

Prometheus was originally supposed to be a prequel to Alien but Ridley Scott decided he wanted a different story that occurred in the same universe. I think the movie does an excellent job of creating its own story while giving subtle nods to Alien.

I stumbled across an interesting analysis of Prometheus on Reddit. Some of what this guy says is a stretch, but it clears up certain parts of the film. Lots of spoilers if you haven't seen the movie yet: http://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/uswn1/prometheus_everything_explained_and_analysed/

I stumbled across an interesting analysis of Prometheus on Reddit. Some of what this guy says is a stretch, but it clears up certain parts of the film. Lots of spoilers if you haven't seen the movie yet: http://www.reddit.co...d_and_analysed/

That's a lot of answers. Here are some questions!

I smiled when I saw two kids playing this in the theater lobby after the movie.

Ha! During that part I was thinking, "Watch out, those stupid claws always let go at just the wrong time!"

• Upvote 1

Saw "Rock of Ages" last night, and I'd say it's probably one to catch from Redbox or Netflix. Or you could just go and see it on Broadway (which was the best Broadway show I ever watched).

The only thing that kept me in my seat for the entire show was:

pgalleryJulianne-Hough-1.jpg

Personal foul. Man card violation, number mp5g, 15 yard penalty, replay 3rd down.

Valid.

Or you could just go and see it on Broadway (which was the best Broadway show I ever watched). skip it all together.

Wife drags me to NYC last Nov....wife drags me to Broadway show....80s rock theme show with shots and beers served throughout....you can have my man card(if I needed one) it was awesome!

EDIT: don't give up so easy mp5....best response is "so you need a card to tell you if you're a man...interesting"

Edited by OL Patch

It was OK. It ended up raising more questions than answering them.

For those that have seen it, here are some thoughts/questions (SPOILERS for those who have not):

-Did the Engineers create that black mass or is it a naturally occurring substance? If I remember the really shitty movie (Aliens 4) right, they try to create one of the aliens by using Sigourney Weaver's DNA. They also managed to clone her by using part alien DNA? If the Engineers made that substance, then it would make sense why we would share common genomes. If not, then what the hell?

-What was the point of the scene in the beginning? Where was that Engineer and why did he drink/eat that stuff?

-Who decided to bring all of the flamethrowers aboard Prometheus?

-Why did that medical pod have a preset procedure to remove parasitic entities from the human body?

-They found six different cave paintings with the same constellation and think "we should keep looking," then find a seventh and say "we should find this planet?"

-Who thought the cave paintings were an invitation? That is a huge leaping assumption on the part of that redhead chick, and the dying old guy decided to spend a ridiculous amount of dollars on sending a crew of people 3.27 x 1014 km to find the planet?

Wife drags me to NYC last Nov....wife drags me to Broadway show....80s rock theme show with shots and beers served throughout....you can have my man card(if I needed one) it was awesome!

EDIT: don't give up so easy mp5....best response is "so you need a card to tell you if you're a man...interesting"

You wanna go on a date with your wife to a broadway show or to the ballet or to buy fucking curtains, have fun. But if you come on here and brag about your knowledge of any of those subjects enough to compare and contrast then you're gonna get scorn and ridicule as you would in the bar. The only shows that should be spoken of here involve brass poles.