Latest Movies

B*D*A

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Another “not a movie” and a bit dated but I just started Cobra Kai on Netflix and it’s excellent. Custom designed for men of a certain age. There’s even a hilarious Iron Eagle reference early in season one. Definitely worth a watch if you haven’t discovered it yet. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not "latest movie" but definitely a greatest: Just made my flight watch 12 O'clock High as a part of mandatory fun before graduation at OTS and they really enjoyed it.  Had to keep the tradition going.

Don't sit under the apple tree with anyone else but me, til I come marching home!

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, mightymighty said:

Not "latest movie" but definitely a greatest: Just made my flight watch 12 O'clock High as a part of mandatory fun before graduation at OTS and they really enjoyed it.  Had to keep the tradition going.

Don't sit under the apple tree with anyone else but me, til I come marching home!

Mandatory fun?  We watched it as part of a class when I went through OTS.

I am happy to see it still has a place in the curriculum, though.

they didn't show it to us officially which is sad - in fact - we got guidance from multiple instructors that we weren't aloud to watch any movies at all when we asked to show it. I just put it up on my computer in the flight room when they were gone. 🤙 We had so much freaking down time here.

Edited by mightymighty

On 9/13/2020 at 11:57 AM, Prozac said:

Another “not a movie” and a bit dated but I just started Cobra Kai on Netflix and it’s excellent. Custom designed for men of a certain age. There’s even a hilarious Iron Eagle reference early in season one. Definitely worth a watch if you haven’t discovered it yet. 

Why is an Iron Eagle reference related to the KK universe?

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, bfargin said:

I didn't see any feedback on "We Go in at Dawn".

Did anybody see that? Thoughts? Comments? Is it worth watching? Sorry if posted and I missed it.

Not that I go by ratings, but IMDB only gives it 3/10 stars out of 138 reviews...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7622584/

Amazon reviews are 3.5 out of 5, with 130 reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/We-Go-Dawn-Samantha-Coughlan/dp/B086H76VXT

From the trailer it looks interesting, I have put it on my watch list!

1 hour ago, Guardian said:

Dude. That looks good. Out of curiosity what other sci-fi do you like? Books or film.

As 17D mentioned, the Expanse series is great “hard” sci-fi. Books are excellent, and while the series takes some liberties, I think they did a good job overall. Definitely better since Netflix took over. Also been enjoying Mandalorian with the kiddos. 

• Upvote 1