Latest Movies

B*D*A

14 hours ago, matmacwc said:

A glowing review, complete with a prediction of a fast changing automotive industry, 6 outta 10. This man EPRs.

I just watched the Mandalorian with the kids last night.

-#3/10 StarWars stories. Lauded by Home/CC "Outstanding!" No PC BS. 98% compliance w/orgnl series.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Stitch said:

Question: Isn't this the story of Boba Fett, a "bad guy"?  

No. It’s set something like 4 or 5 years after Return of the Jedi. Simply about a Mandalorian bounty hunter chasing down his next paycheck. 

On 11/20/2019 at 3:25 PM, mp5g said:

No. It’s set something like 4 or 5 years after Return of the Jedi. Simply about a Mandalorian bounty hunter chasing down his next paycheck. 

If a droid doesn't call someone a "Meat bag" I'm rioting.

Just got back from watching Dark Waters for work. Not a bad movie if you like the lawyer drama type movies. It's a little less dramatic than the trailer portrays it. DuPont is so worried about the movie they released a 2 page rebuttal press release to their depiction in the film. That's a good endorsement in my book.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd heard all the buzz around The Irishman, so watched it a couple weeks ago.

In all the buzz, I hadn't realized that the movie is three and a half hours long.  Damn.

And not "Wow, that three and a half hours just flew by."  More like, "Damn, Scorsese really likes doing those long shots of people simply walking....for like five minutes straight."

It was entertaining, but be prepared for the long haul.  Not Goodfellas good, or Casio good, but still entertaining.  Felt like it could have been edited down to 2.5 hours or so, and still not lost anything.

• Like 1

Probably their take on Aurora/SR-72.

I watched them film that scene while I was leaving work. They did a few passes with Blue Angel #2 and of course nobody was actually standing there. They had a full-size mock-up of the bird pictured in my hangar. China Lake definitely does not have a guard shack right at the departure end of 14.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, dotonfire said:

Probably their take on Aurora/SR-72.

I watched them film that scene while I was leaving work. They did a few passes with Blue Angel #2 and of course nobody was actually standing there. They had a full-size mock-up of the bird pictured in my hangar. China Lake definitely does not have a guard shack right at the departure end of 14.

Wait...you're telling me that's not real?

Prime comment from video - " That's the realest military mustache I've ever seen on film. "

Edited by 17D_guy
  • Haha 3

On 12/16/2019 at 8:13 PM, M2 said:

The gayness continues...

I want to know who will replace the Great Kenny Loggins on the soundtrack. I need a catchy song to hum along to for the next 30 years. 

Edited by CDAWG

4 hours ago, CDAWG said:

I want to know who will replace the Great Kenny Loggins on the soundtrack. I need a catchy song to hum along to for the next 30 years. 

Apparently they're going to do a remake with some "up and coming" rock band with KL doing some vocals on it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StoleIt said:

Star Wars was meh. It wasn't bad...but I went in with high hopes and it didn't really deliver.

Just manage your expectations and don't expect an Avengers End Game level of conclusion to the saga.

It was good, but something about it was just not there. It felt disjointed in the storytelling.