Latest Movies

B*D*A

• 2 weeks later...

Wife and I saw Looper last night. Great movie. It was nice to see a flick with some original ideas, although a lot of the time travel concepts seemed a bit familiar.

Two things were disconcerting. Gordon-Levitt's makeup and the depiction of America in 2040 as sort of a poverty-stricken failed state while China is portrayed as a rich, affluent land of opportunity.

It was going to be set in Paris, but the Chinese financial backers made some offers to bring the crew to China for free so...budget trumps vision.

Wife and I saw Looper last night. Great movie.

I have heard and read nothing but positive hype about Looper.

I went with my family last night and had representation from 17-23 year old age group aside from my wife and I. None of us thought it was great or bad. It kind of got lost about 1/2 way through.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone see End of Watch? I thought it was excellent.

Saw it. Liked it. Wasn't really digging the ending, having heavy shit happen, and then going back to "earlier" to try and lighten the mood.

I think ending it at the dark part would have given it a grittier, more realistic feel.

I don't know if anyone has seen "9th Company". (2005) But I just saw it for the first time a few days ago. I enjoyed it.

It's about the Russians in Afghanistan during the late 80's.

Also, "The Front Line" was good as well. (2011) A Korean movie about a South Korean company during the Korean war.

Wow, lots of Koreans there, sts.

Both on netflix.