E-4s @ Offutt

Techsan

We've had a few guys go from -10s to the E-4 in the past couple of years, and was wondering what life is like in the E-4. Can anyone here shed a little light? I'm just looking for the standard: quality of life, TDY rate, the mission, length of tour, etc. I'm guessing they do a fair amount of sitting alert.

No joy on the search.

Thanks for the help.

Techsan

• 7 months later...

I worked on that beast for Boeing for 8 years, so I have the maintenance perspective more than anything. The mission is sitting alert quite often waiting for the big one. You also will haul the SecDef and SecState (You can see pictures of Rummy on the E-4B at the DoD photos and images site, this will also allow you to see some of the compartments on the airplane)around often as the comm gear is extensive and suits the needs of those two people and their staff. You have other alert sites, but that is not to be talked about. Presidential Support Missions are fun as you get to travel to nice locations and stay in even nicer lodging.

Quality of life (well it is Omaha) is not to bad from what I recall the front end guys talking about when I was up there for support.

Edited by okienav

Iknow quite a few folks over there and they love it. Yeah you sit alert but it's prog'dout so you know when it's gonna happen. Good mission from what i hear and you get to go to al ot of cool places. Offutt is a great place for family and the 1ACCS is a good ole boys club for sure.

Cooter

• 7 years later...

Sorry no AR info, but now they're part of Global Strike.  So, not sure if that's changed the awesome culture the bros had over there.  I hope not, seeing them hang/chat is the only time I wished I was a flier.

13 hours ago, Homestar said:

Bump. AMS robot sent the hiring message this week. Does anyone know how much AR time is "enough" to apply? I was RT qual'd in the -135 but had min boom time. 

You sure it went out?  I've seen it a couple of times in the past, but no joy yet this time around. 

Bump. AMS robot sent the hiring message this week. Does anyone know how much AR time is "enough" to apply? I was RT qual'd in the -135 but had min boom time. 

Also a -135 RT guy with min boom time. Been talking to the E-4 guys recently. The trend from everyone I'm talking to is that they highly desire AR time and AR IP time since it's the most challenging thing to do in the E-4.