Top 10 Places to Have a Beer

BADFNZ

I can vouch for McGuire's as well. Destin location is probably nicer, but I think the one in P-Cola makes stronger drinks. Irish Wakes rock!

I've been to the McGuire's in Destin over spring break and it was definitely great. They had an Irish fold band that was pretty good. Haven't been to the P-Cola one though.

I was quite surprised that the Eagle in Cambridge, UK didn't make the overseas list. Not only does the pub have a room essentially dedicated to Allied flyers, it was also the place where Francis Crick first announced the discovery of DNA. Stop in if you're passing through Moldyhall or on a good Lakenheath boondoggle.

I was quite surprised that the Eagle in Cambridge, UK didn't make the overseas list. Not only does the pub have a room essentially dedicated to Allied flyers, it was also the place where Francis Crick first announced the discovery of DNA. Stop in if you're passing through Moldyhall or on a good Lakenheath boondoggle.

"2" on the Eagle. History alone makes it worth the trip.

Chicaros, Enid OK

2!

Just don't go in there if you, how to say this, are a man of color.

That's a false "urban legend". Yes, the owner asked someone to remove their hat. Said person refused, and was asked to leave. His feelings got hurt, and he bitched to the base. The Wing CC got involved, and Chicaros got the bad rep about this.

Edited by Huggyu2

Pyrates just outside the back gate at Pope. Dive mil bar with good 'Mericans and cheap drinks. First drink free if you're in uniform and I rarely buy more than a couple drinks anyway, as the locals buy them for you and refuse to accept your money.

Barmaids will show your their assets on request and I had a 70 year old lady show me hers as well, not on request. The place is no meat market, but at my age attitude and enthusiasm go a long way.

Definite Army feel with a Wall of Fame with pics of customers that have died in Iraq/Afghanistan. Unfortunately, the wall has gotten bigger over the years......

SC

Anyone at Laughlin would say without hesitation that the only place to have a beer in town is at TB's. Unfortunately there is a nasty rumor floating around that they are closing down. Can anyone squash that one please!

Mike's Kyrenia Bar, near Episkopi, Cyprus. Incredible Calamari, Cypriot beer and fries looking out at the Med...if its still there. For the hard core, The Blue Moon, NE 45th St in Seattle near the UW...a legendary bar but not for the faint of heart, or at least it didn't used to be.

Left off the list is the Dixie Chicken. While it is indeed a college hangout, its military roots with Texas A&M (the largest Senior Military College in the U.S.) lends itself to a lot of military tradition. I highly recommend it.

Sorry, but The Chicken is a shithole.

I think the McGuire's in Destin is much better than PCola.

Sorry, but The Chicken is a shithole.

I think the McGuire's in Destin is much better than PCola.

Hell yeah it is! I hooked up with a chick that worked at Eglin BOPS,

on a trip there once.

And I was a student LM at the time!

The McGuires in Destin is as good, if not better, than the one in Pennsacola. At least, during the "summer tourist" season it beats Pennsacola but during the off season I'd go with Pennsacola.

Went to the Destin one to mark the last night of a TDY at Hurlburt this evening. Haven't been to the Pensacola one; but for this time of year and the middle of the week, it was a good time. Cool looking place, their own brewed beer, amazing steaks... they have my vote. From a look at the specials and talking to some folks; seems like it'd be a blast on the weekend, or tourist season.

If nothing else; their selection of liquor in the gift shop is worth a visit in itself.

Edited by Fogo

Went to the Destin one to mark the last night of a TDY at Hurlburt this evening. Haven't been to the Pensacola one; but for this time of year and the middle of the week, it was a good time. Cool looking place, their own brewed beer, amazing steaks... they have my vote. From a look at the specials and talking to some folks; seems like it'd be a blast on the weekend, or tourist season.

If nothing else; their selection of liquor in the gift shop is worth a visit in itself.

The one in Peniscola has an expansive wine list and a cool wine "cellar" you can get a table in. I don't the Destin model has a similar setup.

I can vouch for McGuire's as well. Destin location is probably nicer, but I think the one in P-Cola makes stronger drinks. Irish Wakes rock!

4? And to add to that, don't be a little bitch, get the garbage burger with your Irish Wake, or 2 or 3.

That's a false "urban legend". Yes, the owner asked someone to remove their hat. Said person refused, and was asked to leave. His feelings got hurt, and he bitched to the base. The Wing CC got involved, and Chicaros got the bad rep about this

Don't get me wrong, I like Gary and his bar, but that subject is certainly not a false "urban legend." I've heard it with my own ears several times. However, to each his own and it's not like it gets out of control or anything. The hat story probably is true, because I don't really see otherwise why he was placed on the "blacklist." Just b/c he makes a few comments doesn't make it a "dangerous" bar.