The National Anthem

Guest Linda

Revival: The links to the .ppt do not work anymore. Does someone out there have the file and can post again?

This thread somehow led me to the old thread where rotorhead was assembling pictures (yes I'm very bored at work), and in there I found a link to the file hosted on baseops. Here you go!

http://www.baseops.n...ricanAnthem.pps

Edited by spaceman

Got it....this one time at Band camp.

Edit: irt Aerdale

Edit2: Quick story. Had an 0-6 bud who was a Citadel grad. Former EASOG/CC with a long background working with Rangers early in his career. In his office was a Citadel Shako (formal Headgear). Young captain being introduced to him sees the Shako and no kidding blurts out. "Cool...you were a drum major!"

Priceless....end thread hijack.

Edited by OL Patch

Heh. Completely knocked on my can by amazing Olympians winning Gold Medals and singing the whole National Anthem during the presentation ceremony.

I started this thread years ago... Christ, can it be that long!? We continue to have buffoonery, but folks seem to at least "give a shit."

My hat's off to the US Olympic Committee for the preparation that I've heard they gave to the Olympic Athletes, who would be on the world's stage for all to see, in preparation for paying respect to the country that they continue to represent so proudly.

It's so nice to be able to respond to a rant of mine from years ago with smiles...

Best regards to you all,

Linda

• Upvote 1