Two members of the Blue Angels kicked off the team

ACCBoomer

Not good for the Navy... Bet they were caught at the Deid with out a reflective belt...

From the Navy times:

NORFOLK, Va. — Two members of the Blue Angels, the Navy’s Flight Demonstration Squadron, have been “removed” from the team due to an alleged inappropriate relationship, a Navy official said Thursday.

The two members of the squadron — one of them an aviator — were pulled from the unit by commanding officer and flight leader Capt. Kevin Mannix on Sunday, said the official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity since he was discussing a personnel matter. The names of the people involved were not released.

“The team members are alleged to have had an inappropriate relationship,” the official said, who also would not say what genders were involved. “There’s a team of more than a hundred people, male and female.”

The official said the two have been removed “pending further review” of the matter by Rear Adm. Mark Guadagnini, chief of naval air training.

For the remainder of the season, the team will be flying five jets during its shows rather than the standard six, the official added.

According to the Blue Angels’ Web site, the team does not maintain a “spare” pilot who could fill in when another member can’t fly.

“With the number of practice hours required to safely fly a demonstration a spare pilot could not be utilized effectively. Each pilot must complete 120 training flights during winter training in order to perform a public demonstration safely,” the Web site states. “The teamwork required for the high speed, low-altitude flying in the tight Blue Angel formation takes hundreds of hours to develop. A substitute pilot would not have enough time in the formation to do this safely.”

The season ends Nov. 15 after shows in San Antonio, Kennedy Space Center and Pensacola, Fla.

http://www.navytimes.com/news/2008/10/navy...eangels_103008/

thats sucks, i was at NAS JAX last weekend for the airshow on sunday, when i got there they had all 6 planes on the taxiway. before the show started they pulled the #4 plane back to the hanger and flew with 5 planes. i heard that for the show on saturday all 6 planes flew. so it must have come up that weekend. i thought the pilot was just sick or something, but it was weird they didnt ever mention or explain the missing plane now that i think about it.

Yet another career cut needlessly short by an attraction to the forbidden enlisted poontang. Fellas, there's plenty of it elsewhere!

Clearly you've never been stationed in Mantana.

On a side note, I remember a show in TN in 2005 that the Thunderbirds flew minus 1. I had a friend that was a crew chief on the team and asked her what happened and she said he had tried to fly in from another location than the rest of the team but whoever bought his tickets bought it for a town of the same name but in a different state.

"...inappropriate relationship,” the official said, who also would not say what genders were involved.

Of course they didn't mention what genders were involved, GO NAVY! :bohica:

Initially I was thinking the same thing but, with the subsequent pics, this could be cool :rock:

Edited by HerkFE

Guest AceTomatoCompany
Ewwww.. risk vs reward brother

Maybe she watched the door while the other two were at it....

Cute chicks usually have "bodyguards"

Guest C5Heavy
"...inappropriate relationship,” the official said, who also would not say what genders were involved.

Of course they didn't mention what genders were involved, GO NAVY! :bohica:

Capt Dunkelberger would not identify the two members but said the relationship was between a man and a woman. All six of the F-18 stunt pilots are men, and 23 of the 133-member squadron are women.

I was @ the NAS jax show as well, and thought it was a little strange that they pulled # 4 for Sunday's show. Side note, one a/c had a gear unsafe indication and a flaps issue @ the end of the show Sunday, as heard on their Channel 16 freq.

I was @ the NAS jax show as well, and thought it was a little strange that they pulled # 4 for Sunday's show. Side note, one a/c had a gear unsafe indication and a flaps issue @ the end of the show Sunday, as heard on their Channel 16 freq.

yeah they flew around for a while before they could land i remember that too now that you say it

Just curious is this a obvious enlisted vs officer issue or would a married Officer and another officer also fall under the "inappropriate" category as well?

Do we think that a married officer banging another chick is inappropriate? Hmmm. Considering you can get an Article 15 for adultury, yes.

Do you really need to ask that in an open forum like this? What did you think the answer was?

Just curious is this a obvious enlisted vs officer issue or would a married Officer and another officer also fall under the "inappropriate" category as well?

Certainly would...if one was your supervisor or in your chain of command. That's a no-no.

Certainly would...if one was your supervisor or in your chain of command. That's a no-no.

It doesn't matter if they're in your chain or not. Adultery is punishable under UCMJ.

The chain of command issue would apply if two single adults were in a relationship.

As always, correct me if I'm wrong.

It doesn't matter if they're in your chain or not. Adultery is punishable under UCMJ.

The chain of command issue would apply if two single adults were in a relationship.

As always, correct me if I'm wrong.

And, you do not have to be married to commit adultery. If either of the two parties is married to someone else, both are guilty of adultery. So, if the guy is married, but the chick he is :bohica: is not; she is still as guilty of adultery as he is!

Cheers! M2