WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

41 minutes ago, Runr6730 said:

My take (not that anyone asked)…

1) Do what makes you happy…it’s your body to do with it as you please. 
2) I won’t actively go out of my way to offend you, but don’t jump down society’s throat if you’re misgendered or misunderstood.  

This

49 minutes ago, Prozac said:

You just have to read the ensuing posts to see that there is plenty of trans hate going around. While I fully agree that a post pubescent individual who has subsequently transitioned probably shouldn’t be competing against born females in organized sports, two things can be true here. Reasonable people can make a logical argument against trans athletic competition while acknowledging that the hate and bigotry do exist. Adult human beings have various reasons for making the choices they make. None of us are in their heads. While I will probably never comprehend what would make someone want to go through with such a procedure, it must be a gut wrenching decision for those that do. Why anyone feels the need to make them miserable is something else I’ll never understand. 

I’m guessing I’m one of your examples of hate. I don’t hate or fear the mentally disturbed, confused, and targeted but i have deep disdain for those who mutilate those people, knowing full well of their fragile mental/psych issues. They are destroying lives and mutilating people who need help not encouragement in their delusion.

My derogatory language is directed at medical personnel, politicians, deluded family, and supporters and the whole trannie ideology. Screw them all, you’re killing the people you claim to support.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

My take (not that anyone asked)…
1) Do what makes you happy…it’s your body to do with it as you please. 
2) I won’t actively go out of my way to offend you, but don’t jump down society’s throat if you’re misgendered or misunderstood.  

Well, what makes that college swimmer happy is undressing and showing his male genitals in the girls locker room….oh, and taking their gold medals too.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, wampum66 said:

Yeah no shit, my original post was about NCAA rules regarding testosterone treatment and legal levels.

But since you bring it up, would you say that if a transgender athlete undergoes testosterone treatment and has brought their levels down to the same as the average female that it would be fair for them to compete with women?

Absolutely not, because they are still a biological male with everything that entails.  Look at "Lia" and the competition and tell me that him being a biological maie doesn't give him a massive advantage against his female counterparts.

If Lebron James transitioned tomorrow and took the required treatments to suppress his testosterone, he'd still dominate because he's 6'8", massively out weighs his counterparts, and has all the advantages of being a biological male.

The "trans" issue breaks down along two broad categories:

(1) People who are either mentally ill or who are suffering from extreme emotional trauma.

(2) People who have a fetish to be seen as or to become a facsimile of the opposite sex.

Those in category (1) have no business receiving hormones or surgery to treat their issue. It's inappropriate regardless of how old they are or if they are able to mimic the act of giving consent. These people cannot meaningfully consent to surgery that renders body parts non-functional. The only appropriate treatment for people in this category is mental health intervention and counseling.

People in category (2) can get surgery and hormones as long as they're 18 and pay for 100% it and all follow-on complications themselves. Insurance should have absolutely nothing to do or say about such optional procedures.

• Upvote 3

On 5/13/2023 at 10:17 AM, FourFans said:

That aside, jumping directly to "old people's opinions don't matter" is another thing, and only serves to display your youth, arrogance and ignorance.

He didn't say that. He pointed out that old people's go-to move is to dismiss the opinions of younger people due to "experience," and that's often a bullshit move.

In the military crowd I'm now an old person. In the airline crowd I'm apparently still an infant, and I see the same thing over there. It's nonsense. 

Young people lack experience, and old people have calcified brains that reject new information. Both have valid insights.

In this case, the dude held the sleeper hold way too long. Should he go to jail for that? I don't think so. I think he was justified in intervening, but interventions have limits. 

On 5/15/2023 at 6:51 AM, wampum66 said:

Yeah no shit, my original post was about NCAA rules regarding testosterone treatment and legal levels.

But since you bring it up, would you say that if a transgender athlete undergoes testosterone treatment and has brought their levels down to the same as the average female that it would be fair for them to compete with women?

Lol. No.

Lowering testosterone does not reverse the effects of male puberty on the musculoskeletal system. This is Human Biology 101. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Heard an argument once that I haven’t ever heard a valid argument against.

You put 100 people on an island 60 women and 40 men.... in 100 years it'll be a populated island. You put 60 trans women and 40 men with the same scenario on same said island, in 100 years you'll find 100 skeletons of 100 men. Feelings don't trump science.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Prozac said:

You just have to read the ensuing posts to see that there is plenty of trans hate going around. While I fully agree that a post pubescent individual who has subsequently transitioned probably shouldn’t be competing against born females in organized sports, two things can be true here. Reasonable people can make a logical argument against trans athletic competition while acknowledging that the hate and bigotry do exist. Adult human beings have various reasons for making the choices they make. None of us are in their heads. While I will probably never comprehend what would make someone want to go through with such a procedure, it must be a gut wrenching decision for those that do. Why anyone feels the need to make them miserable is something else I’ll never understand. 

You know... some of us, who have actually dealt with mental ill people, do not feel like the right way to handle their illness is to indulge in their delusion and allow, enable, and even assist in their self-mutilation.

That it has now extended to children, to some of us, means that we have left the realm of well-meaning stupidity and entered the world of evil. 

But it's easier to imagine that a whole bunch of people who believe that we are, in fact, morally responsible for each other, are just hateful of men who want to wear dresses and girls who don't want tits anymore, cuz 'Murica!

The left's transformation from "let's compel the society to help those at the bottom," into the post-modern "anything that is part of the traditional power hierarchy is wrong" has been tragically disappointing.

Transexuals have never been at the bottom of the social pyramid in America, and they are not an oppressed class. To suggest such is fantasy nonsense, and an open insult to the many groups that have actually existed in that position. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ViperMan said:

The "trans" issue breaks down along two broad categories:

(1) People who are either mentally ill or who are suffering from extreme emotional trauma.

(2) People who have a fetish to be seen as or to become a facsimile of the opposite sex.

Those in category (1) have no business receiving hormones or surgery to treat their issue. It's inappropriate regardless of how old they are or if they are able to mimic the act of giving consent. These people cannot meaningfully consent to surgery that renders body parts non-functional. The only appropriate treatment for people in this category is mental health intervention and counseling.

People in category (2) can get surgery and hormones as long as they're 18 and pay for 100% it and all follow-on complications themselves. Insurance should have absolutely nothing to do or say about such optional procedures.

This as well.  

Edit: I'd say there is a 3rd group who indulge in this just to be different than everyone else.  

Edited by Biff_T
Afterthought

On 5/15/2023 at 6:09 AM, wampum66 said:

No one in their right mind thinks Lebron James should be able to go to the WNBA overnight. But if the right amount of treatment is done to minimize the advantage to as little as possible or ideally 0, then who cares?

And it's worth noting that it's only ever trans women that seem to get the hate. Would you really want a trans man to compete in women's sports just because they were born a biological women? Of course not, that wouldn't be fair

The previous NCAA testosterone requirement for a male to compete as a female was to bring the testosterone levels down to or below 10 nmol/L.  Problem is the normal range for women is .5-2.4 (https://www.healthline.com/health/low-testosterone/testosterone-levels-by-age#normal-testosterone-levels), so the biological male that was born with a biological propensity for larger muscle mass, larger bones, faster muscle movements could compete as a female, despite those previously mentioned advantages AND with still having 4-20 times the testosterone levels as the women he is competing against.  How is that fair?  Sports have rules for a reason and it is to make it a fair competition. 

To your second point, there are very few, if any, sports where women are better than men, so no one cares about a biological woman competing in as a man or even as a woman.  Look at the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, etc.  Do any of them have rules against a woman playing?  Not that I know of.  But there are none because when you get to that level of competition, you're talking the top .01% of athletes.  There are no women in the top .01% for those sports.  That's why Serena and Venus Williams, possibly two of the best female tennis players ever, both lost to a man that was ranked 102.

Third, it is not hate.  The left is quick to throw out 'hate' because 'hate' is bad and they only have emotional arguments.  But, like calling someone racist, if you say it all the time it becomes meaningless.  I don't hate these individuals, I feel sorry for them.  40% of transgender people have actively attempted suicide.  They have a mental illness and our society has decided that it is better to play into their delusion than help them.  If I was walking across a bridge and saw someone about to jump off, would it be hateful of me to tell them they shouldn't?  Should I indulge their desire to kill themself and tell them I think they're brave or should I pull them back from the edge and get them help?  Which of these actions is loving and which is hateful?  These people are actively hurting themselves (and even worse, hurting children) and somehow it is 'hateful' of me to not give them my full support. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 5

I'll just point out for perspective: It's really sad this conversation is even happening.  Men are men and should compete athletically against men.  Women are women and should compete athletically against women.  I don't know when that changed, but the change is wrong.  The end.

Edited by FourFans
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, FourFans said:

I'll just point out for perspective: It's really sad this conversation is even happening.  Men are men and should compete athletically against men.  Women are women and should compete athletically against women.  I don't know when that changed, but the change is wrong.  The end.

That makes too much sense, so you’re a racist, homophobe and colonizer (new buzzword that makes me sound like I read something important on twitter).  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Biff_T said:

That makes too much sense, so you’re a racist, homophobe and colonizer (new buzzword that makes me sound like I read something important on twitter).  

Thanks, I prefer the pronouns the/she/it.

Edited by FourFans
  • Haha 1

IT worker sued boss who marked problems with ‘XX’ as she thought they were kisses

An IT worker sued for sexual harassment after her “rich and powerful” male boss marked parts of an email where he wanted more information with “xx”, which she thought were kisses.

Karina Gasparova, a project manager, also claimed Aleksander Goulandris’s use of question marks in the same message were code for asking her when she would be “ready to engage in sexual acts.”

In a number of other innocent work-related incidents where she would find a “sinister motive”, Ms. Gasparova thought his renaming a file with his initials AJG was an acronym for A Jumbo Genital...(full story at title link)

This is Gasparova...

IT worker Karina Gasparova (pictured) claimed that her boss Aleksander Goulandris's use of question marks in the 'xx' message was code for asking her 'to engage in sexual acts'

12 hours ago, M2 said:

IT worker sued boss who marked problems with ‘XX’ as she thought they were kisses

An IT worker sued for sexual harassment after her “rich and powerful” male boss marked parts of an email where he wanted more information with “xx”, which she thought were kisses.

Karina Gasparova, a project manager, also claimed Aleksander Goulandris’s use of question marks in the same message were code for asking her when she would be “ready to engage in sexual acts.”

In a number of other innocent work-related incidents where she would find a “sinister motive”, Ms. Gasparova thought his renaming a file with his initials AJG was an acronym for A Jumbo Genital...(full story at title link)

This is Gasparova...

IT worker Karina Gasparova (pictured) claimed that her boss Aleksander Goulandris's use of question marks in the 'xx' message was code for asking her 'to engage in sexual acts'

This is actually the perfect encapsulation of why the social justice warrior/woke nonsense is so fucking dangerous. Incidentally, this is also the point that well meaning liberals completely miss when they respond with "yeah that's obviously crazy. Why do you care so much?"

When you say crazy things for long enough, crazy people will start to believe them. In this case the person was only crazy enough to petition a court. But we've already seen several instances of crazy people who are willing to grab a gun.

When you stray from the truth, eventually everything will fall apart. Yes, that includes Donald Trump denying his obvious and overwhelming loss in the election. January 6th was not an insurrection anymore than the BLM riots were a civil war. But the more we keep lying about racism, trans genocide, patriarchal sexism, and the alleged death of democracy, the more crazy people we are going to inspire to do horrible things. And as we've all heard from the military, when one guy shits his pants, we all wear diapers.

• Upvote 2

On 5/18/2023 at 8:33 PM, M2 said:

This is Gasparova...

Yes, but it would take at least 6 cold crispers to wash that down.  

This is a chick right? Lol

• Upvote 1