WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

It's not disingenuous. Maybe not you personally, but you know damn well there's a large number of people who are against trans athletes simply out of bigotry and are not open to any compromise or regulations to make the game more fair at all.

No one in their right mind thinks Lebron James should be able to go to the WNBA overnight. But if the right amount of treatment is done to minimize the advantage to as little as possible or ideally 0, then who cares?

And it's worth noting that it's only ever trans women that seem to get the hate. Would you really want a trans man to compete in women's sports just because they were born a biological women? Of course not, that wouldn't be fair

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 9

20 minutes ago, wampum66 said:

there's a large number of people who are against trans athletes simply out of bigotry

I don’t believe that’s remotely true. I believe that’s what has been jammed down your throat by your choice of media. “You’re just (fill in the blank) phobic!” is the battle cry of the ignorant. Put the media down, give people the benefit of the doubt and you’ll actually realize 90% of the country are reasonable people who aren’t super different from each other outside of some differing opinions. But those differing opinions do not make them bigots, phobic, hateful, etc. Those terms describe single digit percentages in this county, thought the media and the feds want you to believe they describe 50% or more. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, wampum66 said:

It's not disingenuous. Maybe not you personally, but you know damn well there's a large number of people who are against trans athletes simply out of bigotry and are not open to any compromise or regulations to make the game more fair at all.

No one in their right mind thinks Lebron James should be able to go to the WNBA overnight. But if the right amount of treatment is done to minimize the advantage to as little as possible or ideally 0, then who cares?

And it's worth noting that it's only ever trans women that seem to get the hate. Would you really want a trans man to compete in women's sports just because they were born a biological women? Of course not, that wouldn't be fair

So you honestly believe that if someone with Lebron James skill and body type were to start hormone therapy, post puberty, and then displayed the same hormone levels as a women, he could be allowed to compete with women and that would be fair?  You're willing to ignore the massive muscular build that occurs during puberty, the kinematic differences (specifically in the hips and shoulders) that allow a male frame to generate higher force levels, and the significant aggressiveness that is innate to the human male brain that onsets during puberty?  None of those things, which are permanent and scientifically proven changes to male anatomy, factor into your understanding?

This isn't about trans hate.  This is about lack of acknowledging facts.  

Beyond that, jumping from "that's not fair" to "you're a trans hater" is completely disingenuous. 

Turn off CNN and go go listen to people that disagree with you with the intent to learn, not respond.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, wampum66 said:

Your last paragraph is the whole point. 

Why do you suppose there aren't any FtM trans athletes dominating men's basketball, swimming, power lifting, track...?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

51 minutes ago, wampum66 said:

Are you cutting off his arms and legs to get him to a somewhat even playing field?  

52 minutes ago, wampum66 said:

Have you played competitive sports before?  

• Thanks 1

Complete dumbassery on display. It’s impossible to transition. You need help not accommodation. The whole idea is preposterous and should be laughed at until the medical community pulls their collective head out of their ass, and is honest about “trannie medicine”. Then we can discuss proper psychological and mental health strategies to help deluded people. Any MD who cuts/practices trans-quakery medicine should lose their license and probably be charged criminally too. No phobia, just recognition of truth.

Edited by bfargin
  • Like 1

No amount of hormone therapy is going to zero out the physical advantages to a level field, unless the biological male already sucked big time. That’s the part you don’t get.

56 minutes ago, bfargin said:

Complete dumbassery on display. It’s impossible to transition. You need help not accommodation. The whole idea is preposterous and should be laughed at until the medical community pulls their collective head out of their ass, and is honest about “trannie medicine”. Then we can discuss proper psychological and mental health strategies to help deluded people. Any MD who cuts/practices trans-quakery medicine should lose their license and probably be charged criminally too. No phobia, just recognition of truth.

Ah yes, a surgeon that does a procedure on an adult that specifically requests it to improve their quality of life should be criminally charged. This is why your "we're not bigots" cries hold no weight. 

People like y'all would've been the exact same people that were vehemently anti-gay people 10-20 years ago, but now thankfully that's at least more normalized.

Thank goodness the amount of boomer-ass opinions on this thread aren't representative to what the majority of the population feels

• Downvote 4

Thank goodness the amount of boomer-ass opinions on this thread aren't representative to what the majority of the population feels

Apart from your lack of understanding of physics and kinematics, I don’t think you have a pulse for the majority of the population either. Just what’s in the news. But that, again, is separate from not understanding the competition.
Edited to add: what I mean by your lack of the pulse of the population is the day to day american just doesn’t care about this issue or talk about it.

2 hours ago, wampum66 said:

You are so close to bumping into a reasonable take on reality here...soooooo close.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, wampum66 said:

Exactly my point, you don't care about a level playing field in womens sports

You just hate trans people 

A male that has gone through puberty is taller, has greater muscle mass, larger lungs and heart, and skeletal construction that enhances mechanical advantage.  Decreasing testosterone removes exactly none of that after puberty. The U.S. National Womens Soccer team played warm up games against U15 boys AND LOST. There is a difference and ignoring the science of biology does not change that.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, wampum66 said:

Ah yes, a surgeon that does a procedure on an adult that specifically requests it to improve their quality of life should be criminally charged. This is why your "we're not bigots" cries hold no weight. 

People like y'all would've been the exact same people that were vehemently anti-gay people 10-20 years ago, but now thankfully that's at least more normalized.

Are you good with surgeons cutting off healthy limbs because the person feels like they should be an amputee? Yes i do think drs should lose their license at the minimum for doing harm (assaulting, maiming) even if the person, who is completely bonkers by the way, (medical term) asks  for it. What happened to “do no harm” in the hippocratic oath? Again, dumassery abounds with the whole trying to justify their poor choices alphabet crew (I’ll say again: different clowns in the same circus).

No debating with someone indoctrinated in the homo/pedo/trans cult.

Edited by bfargin

3 hours ago, wampum66 said:

No one in their right mind thinks Lebron James should be able to go to the WNBA overnight

I think that whiney bitch would fit right in at the WNBA. Lol.  

All or nothing. If he feels like a woman, why keep him from his true self any longer than one night?  

Feelings don't hold weight in the scienece lab.  For the party of science, there seems to be a lot of confusion about long established scientific beliefs, that there are actually differences between the sexes.  Get over it.  Its not natural to want to cut your dick off.  No matter how you spin it.  Show me some wild monkeys that like cutting their dicks off.  Do some science stuff.  

1 hour ago, wampum66 said:

Ok Trevor Noah.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, wampum66 said:

Exactly my point, you don't care about a level playing field in womens sports

You just hate trans people 

Having decades of higher testosterone and then bringing it down to that of an average female for a one year period doesn't provide that male an advantage when competing against women? Are you dense? It takes years to build a competitive body for sports, that doesn't go away instantly. 

4 hours ago, wampum66 said:

I'd wager that the vast majority of the population feels this way, they're just in positions that mostly force them to keep their opinions to themselves.    

How do you guys feel about a sex change waiver being easier to obtain than shaving waiver?  Lol.

Fucking nonsense.  

Edited by Biff_T
Spelling bee failure

59 minutes ago, SocialD said:

I'd wager that the vast majority of the population feels this way, they're just in positions that mostly force them to keep their opinions to themselves.    

Exactly. Any rational, thinking human knows the truth.

Those who are torn, usually have a family member who has been deceived by the loud minority trannie mob. They’re in shock and want to support their loved one but not sure exactly what’s going on in this crazy world.

8 hours ago, brabus said:

I don’t believe that’s remotely true. I believe that’s what has been jammed down your throat by your choice of media. “You’re just (fill in the blank) phobic!” is the battle cry of the ignorant. Put the media down, give people the benefit of the doubt and you’ll actually realize 90% of the country are reasonable people who aren’t super different from each other outside of some differing opinions. But those differing opinions do not make them bigots, phobic, hateful, etc. Those terms describe single digit percentages in this county, thought the media and the feds want you to believe they describe 50% or more. 

You just have to read the ensuing posts to see that there is plenty of trans hate going around. While I fully agree that a post pubescent individual who has subsequently transitioned probably shouldn’t be competing against born females in organized sports, two things can be true here. Reasonable people can make a logical argument against trans athletic competition while acknowledging that the hate and bigotry do exist. Adult human beings have various reasons for making the choices they make. None of us are in their heads. While I will probably never comprehend what would make someone want to go through with such a procedure, it must be a gut wrenching decision for those that do. Why anyone feels the need to make them miserable is something else I’ll never understand. 

My take (not that anyone asked)…

1) Do what makes you happy…it’s your body to do with it as you please. 
2) I won’t actively go out of my way to offend you, but don’t jump down society’s throat if you’re misgendered or misunderstood.  

1 minute ago, Prozac said:

You just have to read the ensuing posts to see that there is plenty of trans hate going around. While I fully agree that a post pubescent individual who has subsequently transitioned probably shouldn’t be competing against born females in organized sports, two things can be true here. Reasonable people can make a logical argument against trans athletic competition while acknowledging that the hate and bigotry do exist. Adult human beings have various reasons for making the choices they make. None of us are in their heads. While I will probably never comprehend what would make someone want to go through with such a procedure, it must be a gut wrenching decision for those that do. Why anyone feels the need to make them miserable is something else I’ll never understand. 

Attributing disagreement with fundamentally differing underpinnings of reality does not equal hate. 

If you honestly see red where I see green and we disagree about what color paint is on the wall, I don't hate you because you see red. My advocacy is for you receiving proper medical consultation and help actually concerned with your medical condition (color blindness), not changing the color spectrum for everyone else with properly developed color vision. If a vocal minority wants to shout at the world that green is now red and any disagreement is hatred, it doesn't make it factually less correct. 

What do I hate? Anyone who is using those people, who are very much in pain, in order to push their version of tearing down and rebuilding society. If someone (an adult) want to alter themselves, that's okay so long as the follow is also okay: acknowledging that the person who does so is in extreme need for help, and that not one single person otherwise is guilty of doubleungoodthink for not accepting them as suddenly a member of the other sex. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2