WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

1 hour ago, Sim said:

Sim's video is so true it hurts. 

SocialID, you posted:

“These incidents have dropped dramatically since I started laying over mostly in Midwestern small cities”

What you really meant was mostly in Midwestern Republican cities.
Fixt it for you😁

there was a glaring common thread in all the shithole cities you mentioned, and it begins with a “D” They ruin every place they touch..It took Rudy years to clean NYC up, and one term under DeBlasio and this new clown and we’re back to the days of Ft.Apache!

Edited by Vito
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Too much D is bad for the C.   (City not coochie, get your mind out of the gutter).   

The D keeps blowing out all of the once clean cool C.  

3 hours ago, Vito said:

These incidents have dropped dramatically since I started laying over mostly in Midwestern small cities”

Couldn't agree more.  What a difference between layovers in othe(R) cities vs say PDX, SFO, DEN, MSP, NYC, etc.  Amazing how 16th St in Denver has gone downhill from a decade ago.  

4 hours ago, Vito said:

SocialID, you posted:

“These incidents have dropped dramatically since I started laying over mostly in Midwestern small cities”

What you really meant was mostly in Midwestern Republican cities.
Fixt it for you😁

there was a glaring common thread in all the shithole cities you mentioned, and it begins with a “D” They ruin every place they touch..It took Rudy years to clean NYC up, and one term under DeBlasio and this new clown and we’re back to the days of Ft.Apache!

Lol, well I purposely try my best to stay out of the D vs R food fights.  That said, your post got me interested, and the results might surprise you.  All but one of my favorite layover cities has a D Mayor.  In fact, two of my favorite layover cities (TVC and GRR) are D run cities, in a D run state.  I think it's simply the fact that people in these cities don't live at the far ends of the political spectrum.  Also, the people that run them appear to truly care about making their towns great to live in, not make a name for themselves or fight the other party. 

Edited by SocialD
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, M2 said:

Therein lies your problem.  No one in Texas or Florida would ever be convicted for defending their homes, loved ones or self. 

It's a difference in attitudes.

Get out of CA while you can.

Convicted!

We would never be charged. And likely wouldn’t be arrested. 

• Like 1

Lol, well I purposely try my best to stay out of the D vs R food fights.  That said, your post got me interested, and the results might surprise you.  All but one of my favorite layover cities has a D Mayor.  In fact, two of my favorite layover cities (TVC and GRR) are D run cities, in a D run state.  I think it's simply the fact that people in these cities don't live at the far ends of the political spectrum.  Also, the people that run them appear to truly care about making their towns great to live in, not make a name for themselves or fight the other party. 

Don’t tell people about GRR, man. I don’t want more competition for meals on wealthy street!

@SocialD and @SurelySerious

GRR and LAN. 
Many nights spent at both in January, 2022.

My first personal thought was: Jesus, even after a Grand Forks assignment, these cities are truly the arctic wasteland. 
My second personal thought was: Jesus, I have never seen more homeless people in all of my life. Never mind this January (5 degrees F) misery. 

California (Newsom) is an easy target. Woke and other DEI agendas are easy targets. The reality of American suffering is best seen on any random Michigan winter day. 

[mention=2884]SocialD[/mention] and [mention=7998]SurelySerious[/mention]
GRR and LAN. 
My first personal thought was: Jesus, even after a Grand Forks assignment, these cities are truly the arctic wasteland. 
My second personal thought was: Jesus, I have never seen more homeless people in all of my life. Never mind this January (5 degrees F) misery. 

California (Newsom) is an easy target. Woke and other DEI agendas are easy targets. The reality of American suffering is best seen on any random Michigan winter day. 

Maybe in some parts, but definitely not in East Grand Rapids.

5 hours ago, SurelySerious said:

Maybe in some parts, but definitely not in East Grand Rapids.

That's my hometown.  EGR is decidedly not representative of the GRR writ large.  They actively police up and relocate the homeless to downtown because that's where the shelters are.  Heaven forbid the old money get exposed to the unwashed masses.

I will agree that GRR is pretty will run, but the secret is that moderate stance...but they also do an excellent job of hiding the rot...and there is a LOT of rot in GRR.  

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, 8BC said:

@SocialD and @SurelySerious

GRR and LAN. 

I'm not targeting anything, just going off my observations from layovers and how they've changed over the last decade.  PDX used to be my favorite layover, but that's turned to shit.  I'm not basing that off the news, just what I've witnessed with my own eyes.  I saw that even REI just announced that they're pulling out of downtown PDX, largely due to break-ins and theft.  There is a reason they've moved our hotels out of the downtown.

Interesting datapoint on the Jordan Neely /Daniel Penny case. They both have crowd funding sites set up. Neely’s has raised just over $100k. Penny has $1.65 million as of this post.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/13/2023 at 11:52 AM, Biff_T said:the Mexican food in CA is better than anywhere else in the US, even Texas

Wrong!! It’s Tex-Mex and it’s better! Don’t make me track you down and give you a brisket burrito to prove the error of your misguided ways!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, TreeA10 said:

Wrong!! It’s Tex-Mex and it’s better! Don’t make me track you down and give you a brisket burrito to prove the error of your misguided ways!

Lol. That actually sounds delicious!  The BBQ in CA is garbage.   Texas (and the South) definitely have that market cornered.   

Edit: Tex-Mex is better than New Mexican food.  I'm starting a Mexican food war on Baseops.  Lol.   The three States in the Union who are super proud of their Mexican food.  CA, TX, and NM.   We all know we've had serious conversations about Mexican food from people who call those states home.  

Edited by Biff_T
Edit: The Arizona boys come in fourth. Lol

7 hours ago, TreeA10 said:

Even better, a Melrose, NM truck stop brisket, green chili, cheese burrito; or two for a roadie-pocket burrito for during survival school...

• Upvote 2

On 5/12/2023 at 10:55 AM, wampum66 said:

Well considering the fact that you can't just say "I identify as female" and play in NCAA female events, good luck with that. NCAA requires at least 1 year of documented testoterone suppression treatment as well as proof they are below the required level for female events. I think you'll be hard pressed to find people to do that just for a "gotcha".

Probably because most people don't give a shit about how other people want to live their lives. But go ahead and keep on pretending like you care about women's sports 👌

Sorry this is such a terrible take.  Additionally if you have heard anything about Riley Gaines and what she had to endure during this event...that speaks volumes.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/lia-thomas-exposed-male-genitalia-womens-locker-room-after-meet-riley-gaines-dropped-pants

Tell me this is appropriate, and tell me that this biological male, with all the bits included meets your above requirements.

1 hour ago, High-n-Dry said:

Sorry this is such a terrible take.  Additionally if you have heard anything about Riley Gaines and what she had to endure during this event...that speaks volumes.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/lia-thomas-exposed-male-genitalia-womens-locker-room-after-meet-riley-gaines-dropped-pants

Tell me this is appropriate, and tell me that this biological male, with all the bits included meets your above requirements.

My post was regarding their right to participate in the competitions. Your article is not quite the same thing I was talking about.

In regards to the locker room article you posted, sure, I think that if a transgender athlete has not yet undergone surgery then they should be in a separate locker room. 

1 hour ago, wampum66 said:

My post was regarding their right to participate in the competitions. Your article is not quite the same thing I was talking about.

In regards to the locker room article you posted, sure, I think that if a transgender athlete has not yet undergone surgery then they should be in a separate locker room competing with the same biological gender. 

FIFY

Chances are if he still has his pork and beans he's still producing testosterone...giving him an unfair advantage?

Edited by High-n-Dry
additional info
  • Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, High-n-Dry said:

FIFY

Chances are if he still has his pork and beans he's still producing testosterone...giving him an unfair advantage?

Yeah no shit, my original post was about NCAA rules regarding testosterone treatment and legal levels.

But since you bring it up, would you say that if a transgender athlete undergoes testosterone treatment and has brought their levels down to the same as the average female that it would be fair for them to compete with women?

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, wampum66 said:

Yeah no shit, my original post was about NCAA rules regarding testosterone treatment and legal levels.

But since you bring it up, would you say that if a transgender athlete undergoes testosterone treatment and has brought their levels down to the same as the average female that it would be fair for them to compete with women?

No

Exactly my point, you don't care about a level playing field in womens sports
You just hate trans people 

False. Just because testosterone levels are lower does not mean that the kinematics of a biological male have been changed to that of a biological female. Quit using disingenuous arguments.
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, SurelySerious said:

False. Just because testosterone levels are lower does not mean that the kinematics of a biological male have been changed to that of a biological female. Quit using disingenuous arguments.

For the win…