WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

2 hours ago, bfargin said:

I’ll engage assuming you’re not being a troll.

So in order to defend yourself and others, you have to actually be struck? From what I’ve read from numerous sources, most agree that everyone around felt unsafe and that the criminal was acting unhinged and threateningly. it also appears from the videos I’ve seen is he was trying to control the criminal and not kill him. 

From what i have seen and read, the most you could say is this was an unintended death resulting from him trying to restore order and control a mad man. If I’m on the grand jury the DA would have to show some serious intent for me to favor prosecuting.

If he verbally threatened the man I could maybe understand, but that never happened either. So yeah, you can’t just choke someone out because you feel uncomfortable, It’s a dangerous precedent. I can see arguing manslaughter vs murder, but him calling it self defense is a joke

Edited by Jam

4 minutes ago, Jam said:

If he verbally threatened the man I could maybe understand, but that never happened either. So yeah, you can’t just choke someone out because you feel uncomfortable, It’s a dangerous precedent. I can see arguing manslaughter vs murder, but him calling it self defense is a joke

3C91ABC3-2B63-4E9B-8746-63A9D30B3DF1.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Jam, I haven’t found any video of the lead up to the actual hands on. How do you know he didn’t threaten anybody. One video i saw, there was one witness who said the wanted criminal was threatening them.

8 minutes ago, Jam said:

Stupid tweet bro, no one was attacked (except the homeless man) or sexually assaulted 🤷‍♂️

What about threats? Do those count or are you only allowed to act after someone has been hurt?

Individuals at the scene said he said ‘I don’t care. I’ll take a bullet, I’ll go to jail’ because he would kill people on the train," the woman said of Neely. "He said, ‘I would kill a motherf—er. I don’t care. I’ll take a bullet. I’ll go to jail.’"

So just wait for someone to get hurt and then act?

Bro? Who the fuck are you? Some 2nd Lt waiting to start flight school?

Edited by VMFA187

5 minutes ago, bfargin said:

Jam, I haven’t found any video of the lead up to the actual hands on. How do you know he didn’t threaten anybody. One video i saw, there was one witness who said the wanted criminal was threatening them.

I’ve read accounts that he was threatening to kill people, have not seen video… Likely because it justifies the actions taken.

Edited by VMFA187

I thought for sure the autopsy would turn up something contributory instead of just getting choked to death.  I wasn't there and I haven't ever been in that situation but it's hard to believe that he held that choke that long.  Sucks for the marine.  Sucks for the poor bastard in the cities that can't leave.  

After the George Floyd incident, it doesn’t matter if illicit substances were present and/or the victim’s criminal history (which was extensive in this case). Not saying anything one way or another on those points, but the parallels are pretty damn close in the cases.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VMFA187 said:

What about threats? Do those count or are you only allowed to act after someone has been hurt?

Individuals at the scene said he said ‘I don’t care. I’ll take a bullet, I’ll go to jail’ because he would kill people on the train," the woman said of Neely. "He said, ‘I would kill a motherf—er. I don’t care. I’ll take a bullet. I’ll go to jail.’"

So just wait for someone to get hurt and then act?

Bro? Who the are you? Some 2nd Lt waiting to start flight school?

And just as many witnesses said the man was no threat and just rambling nonsense.

My rank shouldn’t even matter, what a stupid thing to even bring up. Your opinion doesn’t matter anymore than mine just because you and everyone in this echo chamber are older

• Downvote 3

13 hours ago, Jam said:

Stupid tweet bro, no one was attacked (except the homeless man) or sexually assaulted 🤷‍♂️

Stupid post bro.  He wasn't saying this specific event had a sexual assault.  He's saying the prosecution of the Marine is going to stop others from intervening in the future.  There have been links in this thread to youtube videos of assaults and even rape on public transit with no intervention from bystanders.  The reaction to this event is only going to increase that risk.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Smokin said:

The reaction to this event is only going to increase that risk.

100%. Though it will still likely be geographically linked. Meaning, see something go down in a Dem state, turn around and walk away. See something go down in a conservative state, help out, because they’ll applaud you instead of charging you.

The last shithole Dem state I lived in, a local guy was being charged with murder for killing the aggressor in a home invasion who attacked his wife. The DA said it was murder because the attacker didn’t have a weapon and the homeowner did. So lesson learned at the time was if you had a home invasion, kill the fucker, but then drop one of your firearms by him and get his prints on it…say he found the gun in a kitchen drawer. How fucked is it that thought process even had to exist for a violent event in your own fucking home. 

Edited by brabus
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brabus said:

100%. Though it will still likely be geographically linked. Meaning, see something go down in a Dem state, turn around and walk away. See something go down in a conservative state, help out, because they’ll applaud you instead of charging you.

The last shithole Dem state I lived in, a local guy was being charged with murder for killing the aggressor in a home invasion who attacked his wife. The DA said it was murder because the attacker didn’t have a weapon and the homeowner did. So lesson learned at the time was if you had a home invasion, kill the fucker, but then drop one of your firearms by him and get his prints on it…say he found the gun in a kitchen drawer. How fucked is it that thought process even had to exist for a violent event in your own fucking home. 

This is sad but true.   I live in OC, CA.   It’s a shitty feeling knowing that a home invader has more rights in your home than you do.  My philosophy, If the guy doesn’t leave when he hears a shotgun rack, it’s the universe telling me that I’m spending the rest of life behind bars.  I go through episodes where I want someone to break in, just so I can use some of my slugs.  My wife lets me know that I can’t do this in CA or I’ll go to jail.  The criminals know this too.  I’d be right there with that Marine.   I trust a Marine over some punk with a loud mouth.  He picked the wrong dude, so the universe took that little bastard back.  

Edited by Biff_T
  • Upvote 1

I don't think his intent was to kill the homeless guy, but it is well known (even to the USMC) that prolonged use of a chokehold greatly increases the risk of death and there was no reason to continue to do so for several minutes after he became unresponsive (having lapsed into unconsciousness).

A second-degree manslaughter conviction in New York requires a jury to find a person engaged in reckless conduct that created an unjustifiable risk of death, consciously disregarded that risk and acted in a way that grossly deviated from how a reasonable person would act in a similar situation.

I think there's a valid case against Penny.  How a jury sees it is yet to be seen....

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Biff_T said:

I live in OC, CA...

Therein lies your problem.  No one in Texas or Florida would ever be convicted for defending their homes, loved ones or self. 

It's a difference in attitudes.

Get out of CA while you can.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Jam said:

My rank shouldn’t even matter, what a stupid thing to even bring up. Your opinion doesn’t matter anymore than mine just because you and everyone in this echo chamber are older

Be sure to drop that one on the squadron WO when you show up.   It turns out that experience is rather important when it comes to creating a well thought-out opinion on various subjects. 

You can think whatever you want about a subway event where none of us were present.  You're welcome to completely ignore the fact that some dudes on this board have significant real world experience and have had to make lethal-force decisions in real time, and might actually have some insight to the injustice and horrible long term social implications of this subway case.  That aside, jumping directly to "old people's opinions don't matter" is another thing, and only serves to display your youth, arrogance and ignorance.

Rule number one: Never pass up the opportunity to keep your mouth shut.

Good luck out there kid.

Edited by FourFans
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

39 minutes ago, M2 said:

Get out of CA while you can

I'm stuck here (family and shit, shit being Im a surfer and the Mexican food in CA is better than anywhere else in the US, even Texas lol) and I'll be the last non retard living in this state.  I love it here, i just hate the politics.  I'll fight to keep CA free, at least in the property I own lol.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, FourFans said:

Rule number one: Never pass up the opportunity to keep your mouth shut.

I hope it (im assuming a young humanoid doesn’t like being referenced by sex these days) learns this valuable lesson before UPT, or it's going to have a fun time.  

40 minutes ago, Biff_T said:

I'm stuck here (family and shit, shit being Im a surfer and the Mexican food in CA is better than anywhere else in the US, even Texas lol) and I'll be the last non retard living in this state.  I love it here, i just hate the politics.  I'll fight to keep CA free, at least in the property I own lol.  

I'll be right there beside you down in San Diego. 

• Like 1

Jam,

You are so off base it’s scary. First Neely had over 40 prior arrests, and in the recent past he arbitrarily punched a 67 year old woman in the face messing up her jaw..He wasn’t provoked by the lady, just decided to punch her. He threatened everyone on the train, so don’t try to Philadelphia Lawyer your way around the truth. This guy was mentally unstable, and a predator. My Daughter lives in NYC and takes the subway, I grew up in the Bronx..the media is making this shithe$# look like he was some innocent guy, who enjoyed impersonating Michael Jackson on the subway,Far from it! He ranked in the top 50, I repeat TOP 50 criminals in New York City…he got 110% of what he deserved.dot period. You’re clueless if you defend this clown.

read below..play the game, pay the price

Neely had committed a series of violent crimes in New York City. In 2015, he kidnapped a 7-year-old girl. In 2019, he punched a 64-year-old man in the face. In 2021, he punched a 67-year-old woman in the face as she exited the subway, causing serious injuries. Despite being arrested 44 times, some netizens feel that Neely has never been held accountable for his actions and has not faced "real justice" for terrorizing the people of New York City.

Edited by Vito
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

That day, this dude was on the upper right of the fuck around, fight out chart.  Prior to this, apparently he lived on the upper left and got away with it multiple times, including 3 unprovoked attacks on women.  This should be sign to all the fucks on pubic transit who think they can just yell at everyone, threaten them and generally be assholes, that people will no longer put up with their shit.  

On another note, this is one of the reasons I'm happy I live where I do.  No bums trying to walk away with my luggage (PDX), no bums pushing me as I walk by them (NYC), no bums screaming at me for not giving him money (ORD), no bums pissing in the streets (PDX), no bums blowing pot smoke at people as they walk by (MSP), no bums following you and yelling because you offered to buy them a sandwich after they ask me for money "for food" (SFO).  These incidents have dropped dramatically since I started laying over mostly in Midwestern small cities.

Here's hoping this Marine walks free...this world is a slightly safer space now.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Vito said:

Jam,

You are so off base it’s scary. First Neely had over 40 prior arrests, and in the recent past he arbitrarily punched a 67 year old woman in the face messing up her jaw..He wasn’t provoked by the lady, just decided to punch her. He threatened everyone on the train, so don’t try to Philadelphia Lawyer your way around the truth. This guy was mentally unstable, and a predator. My Daughter lives in NYC and takes the subway, I grew up in the Bronx..the media is making this shithe$# look like he was some innocent guy, who enjoyed impersonating Michael Jackson on the subway,Far from it! He ranked in the top 50, I repeat TOP 50 criminals in New York City…he got 110% of what he deserved.dot period. You’re clueless if you defend this clown.

read below..play the game, pay the price

Neely had committed a series of violent crimes in New York City. In 2015, he kidnapped a 7-year-old girl. In 2019, he punched a 64-year-old man in the face. In 2021, he punched a 67-year-old woman in the face as she exited the subway, causing serious injuries. Despite being arrested 44 times, some netizens feel that Neely has never been held accountable for his actions and has not faced "real justice" for terrorizing the people of New York City.

But he's black?  Surely we must have misunderstood him.  Society made him this way.  It's my fault for being white.  Lol

Fucking retards