WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

10 hours ago, uhhello said:

"Houseless" man who has been arrested more than 40 times for assault and the like was choked out on subway while harassing riders and ultimately ended up dying.  Twitter is full of subway riders commenting on how he has attacked them in the past.  AOC takes this chance to defend the man and.....

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1653880169516466178?s=20

A chokehold is never a good idea, and while the Marine who did so won't be charged, there was no reason in this instance to use it. 

The guy was yelling at passengers and throwing trash, but that still doesn't justify using what the DOJ has determined to be a potentially lethal tactic... 

As for AOC, she's just being her usual ass hat self...

• Downvote 1

41 minutes ago, M2 said:

A chokehold is never a good idea, and while the Marine who did so won't be charged, there was no reason in this instance to use it. 

The guy was yelling at passengers and throwing trash, but that still doesn't justify using what the DOJ has determined to be a potentially lethal tactic... 

There's a lot more going on here than the news story covers. At the base of which is that these urban police departments refuse to patrol their metro systems. 6 months ago we are berating passengers for standing by doing nothing while a woman is assaulted (and another one raped in Philadelphia) but now we want to denigrate someone who did do something in the only way he knew how. If there's any anger over this situation is misplaced at the bystander and needs to be directed at the city that is turning the daily commute for 90% of it's residence into a Purge movie. 

If you haven't seen this video before, its going to trigger anger. The genuine fear in this poor woman's eyes...

https://youtu.be/44-IpvZRfAw

Edited by FLEA
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, M2 said:

Don't act hostile towards others and you won't have appropriate actions taken against you. People need to remember that actions have consequences. Not glad that homeless criminal died, but if he wasn't acting that way it wouldn't have happened. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, VMFA187 said:

Don't act hostile towards others and you won't have appropriate actions taken against you. People need to remember that actions have consequences. Not glad that homeless criminal died, but if he wasn't acting that way it wouldn't have happened. 

So had the Marine been armed, it would have been OK/legal to shoot the guy?

It's the reasonable use of force continuum, you don't immediately go to lethal/deadly force unless there is an imminent threat to life, which typically requires some type of weapon but could also include motor vehicles

The guy was an active aggressor, and had mental health issues; but he was also unarmed.

The intent is de-escalation, and a chokehold under these circumstances does not equate to a "reasonableness standard."

4 hours ago, FLEA said:

There's a lot more going on here than the news story covers. At the base of which is that these urban police departments refuse to patrol their metro systems. 6 months ago we are berating passengers for standing by doing nothing while a woman is assaulted (and another one raped in Philadelphia) but now we want to denigrate someone who did do something in the only way he knew how. If there's any anger over this situation is misplaced at the bystander and needs to be directed at the city that is turning the daily commute for 90% of it's residence into a Purge movie.

If you haven't seen this video before, its going to trigger anger. The genuine fear in this poor woman's eyes...

https://youtu.be/44-IpvZRfAw

I hear you and agree the cities are at fault for not protecting riders on the subway, but that still doesn't justify the use of a tactic known to greatly increase the chance of death to subdue an unarmed individual.   

Remember "proportionality?!?"  

1 hour ago, M2 said:

I hear you and agree the cities are at fault for not protecting riders on the subway, but that still doesn't justify the use of a tactic known to greatly increase the chance of death to subdue an unarmed individual.   

Absolutely! Definitely put the chief of police and mayor on trial for murder and for abdicating their duties to protect citizens! 100% agree with you. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, M2 said:

By the way, did you watch the video I posted? Watch again and pay special attention to the language of the news reporter..... 

Sucks the "houseless" (nice that my spellcheck says that's not a word by the way) dude died, but he was not an innocent party.  As others have said, actions have consequences.  I feel far less sympathy towards him than I would have for some actually innocent girl that he may have assaulted a minute later.  Funny thing about crazy people acting crazy; you never know when their behavior will go from very concerning to lethal.

Sucks the Marine had to go through this, but also reassuring that we still have guys with the balls to intervene in a situation they see as dangerous.  The Marine may have gone too far, but tough to judge without being in his shoes.  Would have been worse if the "houseless" dude acting in an aggressive manner suddenly pulled a knife and killed someone when an obviously capable individual could have prevented it.

Finally, the first report is always inaccurate.  Was it a forearm across the throat hold or a sleeper hold?  I would bet most of the witnesses don't remember (if they even knew the difference in the first place) and the reporter sure doesn't know the difference.  Also, were there drugs in the dude's system?  I bet this Marine has trained with that hold on fellow Marines in the MCMAP with no ill effects, so his previous experience likely told him he was simply subduing the "houseless" guy.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, M2 said:

Guess he should have kissed his ass….

2 hours ago, M2 said:

So had the Marine been armed, it would have been OK/legal to shoot the guy?

It's the reasonable use of force continuum, you don't immediately go to lethal/deadly force unless there is an imminent threat to life, which typically requires some type of weapon but could also include motor vehicles

The guy was an active aggressor, and had mental health issues; but he was also unarmed.

The intent is de-escalation, and a chokehold under these circumstances does not equate to a "reasonableness standard."

No, I assume he did not intend to kill that criminal. He responded in kind, unarmed. 

• Upvote 2

On 5/3/2023 at 1:38 PM, pawnman said:

It's wild that, in trying to embrace gender diversity, the left is actually pushing all the gender stereotypes that past generations of feminists tried to get rid of.

Same thing with race, free speech, and all the other issues they are curiously trying to convince us are *worse* than they were 50 years ago.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On the Bud Light note, now that Bud seems to be slightly walking back on the woke stuff, they're getting boycotted from the other side as well (and most of the original boycotters haven't stopped).  Let this be a lesson to businesses out there; stay out of politics.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/bud-lights-dylan-mulvaney-controversy-deepens-chicago-gay-bars-roar-beer-makers-abandonment-cause#&_intcmp=fnhpbt9

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

On 5/6/2023 at 6:42 PM, Smokin said:

On the Bud Light note, now that Bud seems to be slightly walking back on the woke stuff, they're getting boycotted from the other side as well (and most of the original boycotters haven't stopped).  Let this be a lesson to businesses out there; stay out of politics.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/bud-lights-dylan-mulvaney-controversy-deepens-chicago-gay-bars-roar-beer-makers-abandonment-cause#&_intcmp=fnhpbt9

Early in this controversy people liked to think it was only rednecks in rural small towns drinking bud light but the truth is it's on tap in bars in big liberal cities everywhere too. Now they've angered both consumer bases.. a rather impressive feat. They've painted themselves into a corner where any move is the wrong one.  

Let this be a lesson to every other company that provides a service out there. Avoid politics and stick to your core competencies.. in this case: making piss beer, horse commercials, and otherwise shutting the fuck up

• Upvote 4

21 hours ago, Danger41 said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/prosecutors-former-bills-punter-matt-araiza-wasnt-present-during-alleged-gang-rape-225211550.html

Former Buffalo Bills punter accused of rape and subsequently released and blackballed from the NFL proven to not be present during incident.

If a woman (or man) is proven to falsely accuse someone of rape, she (or he) should face the same sentence that the "accused" would have faced if proven guilty. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

I rarely support lawsuits, but I hope this guy sues this girl/her family for 10s of millions…loss of wages, career earnings potential, defamation, etc. 

Without looking his accuser up, I doubt she has the assets to make up for the lost wages, even as an NFL punter who aren’t the highest paid in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, CaptainMorgan said:

Without looking his accuser up, I doubt she has the assets to make up for the lost wages, even as an NFL punter who aren’t the highest paid in the league.

I'd take a free life pass settlement from her local strip club for starters.  Lol.  As long as it's not Area 51 in Enid.  

34 minutes ago, CaptainMorgan said:

Oh yeah, I’m positive she doesn’t. I still think he should sue her for millions on principle, and get whatever she/her family can give according to the court. They deserve to lose their asses on this. The parents are culpable having obviously done a shitty job of raising their kid.

6 minutes ago, Biff_T said:

As long as it's not Area 51 in Enid.  

I have a feeling you had a membership card there at one point…remember the midget!?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, brabus said:

The parents are culpable having obviously done a shitty job of raising their kid.

I'm torn on this - Yes if the "kid" is not an adult. My parents raised me in a family of eight, my step dad retired as an E-6 and was the only earner in the household. We were not well off. I went to college and grad school on a scholarship and went on to be a relatively successful member of society. My middle brother is in prison for a lengthy term and has been in and out since he was out of high school. My other brother is a 1stLt in the Marine Corps and also a productive member of society. 

That being said, I am 100% for personal responsibility. It is the responsibility of parents to raise their children to be productive societal members, but the best laid plans... 

• Upvote 1