WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

2 hours ago, bfargin said:

this is the type of feces I was referring to when I said I found it difficult not to verbally bash homos. I spent 5 years sitting alert with crew dogs and one of the favorite sports was to think of innovative ways to insult each other using, admittedly mean spirited, terms for a homo. We would have had a field day with this group.

Sound like you weren’t being very sensitive to the feelings of your crew chiefs. Shame on you. 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, bfargin said:

this is the type of feces I was referring to when I said I found it difficult not to verbally bash homos. I spent 5 years sitting alert with crew dogs and one of the favorite sports was to think of innovative ways to insult each other using, admittedly mean spirited, terms for a homo. We would have had a field day with this group.

Just come out of the closet already bro. 

• Haha 4

On 7/3/2022 at 9:19 AM, dream big said:

This concept has got me thinking lately, what is the end game?

There are two potential outcomes.

1. The progressive movement concentrates into a smaller and smaller core of activists who eventually get discarded from the Democratic party machinery. The more extreme they get, the smaller the coalition will be. I think they are very close to, or have already passed a point of no return. Their only power is in the asymmetrical advantage social media communication gives them, coupled with the disproportionate representation of progressives in media and academia.

2. If they are successful in holding the party hostage and maintaining their grip over the moderates (by scaring the liberal voters into believing conservatives are monsters that hate them), they will eventually trigger a fear response and humans will do what they've done really well for thousands of years: hate and harm people who act or look differently. I didn't think this was the prominent threat until they literally started going after the kids. Smart on the one hand, because societal changes are mostly generational, but much riskier on the other hand, because parents will get very brave very fast when their kids are at stake. I think they have taken for granted the victories of the past, but racism, sexism, homophobia, and xenophobia have not been removed from the human heart, and they can spread faster than most think.

It's going to boil down to the post-2022 election Democratic party. If they don't excise the progressive movement from their ranks and get back to their class-based roots, the second option becomes more likely.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

The continuing impact of uber liberalism is dystopian. 

I thought the actions of Los Angeles County DA George Gascon was insanity, but New York clearly said hold my beer.

A career criminal comes into a store with his girlfriend and tries to buy some chips but his card has no money.  Angered he goes behind the counter and starts to beat up the owner saying he wants the chips for free.  The owner fights back and stabs the thief who ultimately dies.  George Soros funded Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg charges the owner with murder and sets a $250,000 bail.  The thief's girlfriend stabs the owner five times and she is not charged with anything. 

WTF is happening to this country?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

4 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

I thought the actions of Los Angeles County DA George Gascon was insanity, but New York clearly said hold my beer.

A career criminal comes into a store with his girlfriend and tries to buy some chips but his card has no money.  Angered he goes behind the counter and starts to beat up the owner saying he wants the chips for free.  The owner fights back and stabs the thief who ultimately dies.  George Soros funded Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg charges the owner with murder and sets a $250,000 bail.  The thief's girlfriend stabs the owner five times and she is not charged with anything. 

You left out the part where the girlfriend had a knife as well

"During the fight, Simon’s girlfriend allegedly stabbed the worker in the shoulder with a knife she had in her purse, according to Alba’s defense attorney — but she is not facing charges."

Edited by uhhello

16 minutes ago, uhhello said:

You left out the part where the girlfriend had a knife as well

4 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

The thief's girlfriend stabs the owner five times and she is not charged with anything.

?

I am not a fan of extremism on EITHER side of the aisle, we have got to find a way to get back to the middle.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

Well at least that vermin is dead. New York is the worst.  

Meanwhile, the parts store wasn’t open for MX to get critical parts, multiple families gained another week of not having their HHGs, and an estimated 6900 pages of forms were misplaced in the uniform prep “party” hubris (but the customer won’t know until they eventually call and are told they have to start over, mi scusi!)

Fucking shoes

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, brabus said:

Meanwhile, the parts store wasn’t open for MX to get critical parts...

Grand Forks is a Global Hawk base, so no worries. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Try as I might, I can't look away from the Air Force amn/nco/snco Facebook page, because they do a good job of publicizing these kinds of shenanigans.

They did not disappoint.  Highlighted that MSgt Westmoreland wasn't authorized to be wearing the MTI hat when not acting as a MTI, some criticisms of his uniform, etc.  Subsequently, MSgt Westmoreland reached out to the page mods and asked them to take down their posts.  Which of course the mods declined, and published the message exchange.  400+ comments so far.

Always love a "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" moment.  Good entertainment with my Sunday morning coffee.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Blue said:

They did not disappoint.  Highlighted that MSgt Westmoreland wasn't authorized to be wearing the MTI hat when not acting as a MTI, some criticisms of his uniform, etc.  Subsequently, MSgt Westmoreland reached out to the page mods and asked them to take down their posts.  Which of course the mods declined, and published the message exchange.  400+ comments so far.

Always love a "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" moment.  Good entertainment with my Sunday morning coffee.

It's almost like....people who do stupid bullshit don't like being called out for their stupid bullshit.  Oh BTW, if I'm, I dunno, ANY OFFICER in that formation, no fucking way am I letting myself be inspected by some former MTI trying to relive his glory days. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

19 hours ago, M2 said:

When did "ORI" change to mean "Open Ranks Inspection?!?"

I seem to remember it meaning something else...

When I read that I thought they were doing an open ranks inspection as a capstone to an ORI...then thinking WTF, who dose an open ranks inspection to finish an ORI!? 

21 hours ago, M2 said:

When did "ORI" change to mean "Open Ranks Inspection?!?"

I seem to remember it meaning something else...

The ORI you remember is ancient now days.  They have revolutionized light years beyond ORI's by executing Agile Combat Employment exercises in which bases/units generate personnel and equipment, fly to a forward location and execute operations from said forward location.   

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

The ORI you remember is ancient now days.  They have revolutionized light years beyond ORI's by executing Agile Combat Employment exercises in which bases/units generate personnel and equipment, fly to a forward location and execute operations from said forward location.   

Oh, you mean they have an ORI…

Sent from my iPad using Baseops Network mobile app
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/10/2022 at 9:32 PM, 08Dawg said:

It's almost like....people who do stupid bullshit don't like being called out for their stupid bullshit.  Oh BTW, if I'm, I dunno, ANY OFFICER in that formation, no fucking way am I letting myself be inspected by some former MTI trying to relive his glory days. 

And it was an “officer”, likely the LRS/CC that condoned this. Shoes get away with this crap because fellow officers don’t have a backbone to put the mission first and not engage in dog and pony shows…much like all the deployed Wing Kings that let their Chiefs and Diamonds run wild. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3