WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

World War II nose art is generally forbidden because some think it objectifies others or celebrates violence. Is not the emblem below equally problematic because it reduces people to simply a set of sexual proclivities?

220624-F-QL322-0055.JPG

Guessing that plane can’t deploy to the Middle East anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

can we all just grow the fuck up and be done with this woke virtue signaling nonsense? this is the fucking military take your bull shit to some other government organization.

i dont care if you're a gay pilot, woman pilot, trans pilot, they/them, just be good at your job. is that too much to ask?

do whatever you want in your private life i don't care but stop pushing what sexuality you prefer/fuck in public JFC. rant over.

Edited by BashiChuni
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 10

can we all just grow the up and be done with this woke virtue signaling nonsense? this is the ing military take your bull shit to some other government organization.
i dont care if you're a gay pilot, woman pilot, trans pilot, they/them, just be good at your job. is that too much to ask?
do whatever you want in your private life i don't care but stop pushing what sexuality you prefer/ in public JFC. rant over.

I do care about “trans pilot, they/them.” I sympathize with their plight, but I do not believe that anyone with gender dysphoria should be allowed to serve, especially in any role where others’ safety is concerned (such as aircrew). Last I checked, it’s still considered a mental disorder in the DSM (I’m sure that will change when our woke society demands it).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, CaptainMorgan said:

I do care about “trans pilot, they/them.” I sympathize with their plight, but I do not believe that anyone with gender dysphoria should be allowed to serve, especially in any role where others’ safety is concerned (such as aircrew). Last I checked, it’s still considered a mental disorder in the DSM (I’m sure that will change when our woke society demands it).

DSM 5 removed the word “disorder” from gender dysphoria in 2013 to remove the “stigma” associated with disorders. Though almost every other syndrome is listed as a disorder, including Body Dysmorphic Disorder.

I can’t quite figure out how to account for America’s 180° turnabout in the perception of transgender people in the last decade, nor can I quite figure out what entity pushed so hard for the change.

• Upvote 1

DSM 5 removed the word “disorder” from gender dysphoria in 2013 to remove the “stigma” associated with disorders. Though almost every other syndrome is listed as a disorder, including Body Dysmorphic Disorder.
I can’t quite figure out how to account for America’s 180° turnabout in the perception of transgender people in the last decade, nor can I quite figure out what entity pushed so hard for the change.

DSM still stands for Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. It may not be a “disorder” but it’s still in the textbook on disorders. Not arguing with you at all, it just indicates that the controlling body is slowly bowing to woke pressure.

I would guess that Body Dysmorphic Disorder is still classified as a disorder, and while it certainly has ranges, I’m sure there are many diagnosed with BDD who don’t want anything as extreme as gender affirming surgery.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Muscle2002 said:

World War II nose art is generally forbidden because some think it objectifies others or celebrates violence. Is not the emblem below equally problematic because it reduces people to simply a set of sexual proclivities?

220624-F-QL322-0055.JPG

Affirmative action at its finest: Gina Ortiz.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Majestik Møøse said:

The left has defined themselves over the past few decades as the crusader party. Problem is, they ran out of crusades. The causes will get progressively dumber as they chase the high they felt from fighting racism, securing gay rights, protecting the environment, etc.

How ironic. They created a better world and are miserable in it.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 5

5 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

The left has defined themselves over the past few decades as the crusader party. Problem is, they ran out of crusades. The causes will get progressively dumber as they chase the high they felt from fighting racism, securing gay rights, protecting the environment, etc.

How ironic. They created a better world and are miserable in it.

This concept has got me thinking lately, what is the end game? Can they ever be happy or content? Does the woke movement have an end state or is it a cultural phenomenon with no end?

For instance, our Chief of Staff is Black, two major combatant commanders are about to be led by African Americans, not to mention our SECDEF; yet I still constantly hear about African Americans being under represented at higher levels of government because..racism.  Do these folks literally need some crusade to fight, Trump, Racism, homophobia…and without it they are incomplete?

10 minutes ago, dream big said:

This concept has got me thinking lately, what is the end game? Can they ever be happy or content? Does the woke movement have an end state or is it a cultural phenomenon with no end?

For instance, our Chief of Staff is Black, two major combatant commanders are about to be led by African Americans, not to mention our SECDEF; yet I still constantly hear about African Americans being under represented at higher levels of government because..racism.  Do these folks literally need some crusade to fight, Trump, Racism, homophobia…and without it they are incomplete?

They will eat themselves internally.  This was on the local reddit page.  

Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 09.29.23.png

• Haha 2

Yeah, they define themselves by the conflict they seek, so are not content without a further cause.
  • Upvote 1

Wow, the 552nd Air Control Wing is the LGBTQ+ gift that keeps on giving.....

Article link here.  Some excerpts quoted below.

Capt. Gregory St Clair's comment is especially interesting.  I struggle to think of anyone in the entirety of the DoD who does not know the LGBTQ+ community exists.  Indeed, one would have to be living in an underground bunker inside of a faraday cage to have missed the incessant amount of posturing the DoD does regarding LGBTQ+.....

A nearly all LGBTQ+ crew participated in an E-3 Airborne Warning and Control Systems sortie where they also teamed up with their ground command and control counterparts, the 726th Air Control Squadron, 552 ACW at Mountain Home Air Force Base, Idaho.

The flight was also refueled by an LGBTQ+ tanker crew from the 92 nd Air Refueling Wing, Fairchild Air Force Base, Washington.

“Diversity is inherently an American strength and by creating a space that celebrates our differences, we honor our Airmen, retain their talent and encourage them to become the best leaders for our military," said Capt. Gregory St. Clair, a flight  commander with the 963rd Airborne Air Control Squadron. 

“I’m hoping this is the first of many pride flights in the future and I hope that if nothing else, after this week the LGBTQ+ community will be that much more connected and highlighted and celebrated by people outside who may not have known we exist.”

Col. Keven Coyle, commander of the 552nd Air Control Wing believes that diversity is strength.

“The LGBTQ+ community is a diverse and often intersectional community, making the Air Force stronger through skills and experiences its members bring to the greater team,” said Coyle. “The Air Force is about building an inclusive environment for everyone to thrive and we welcome and fully support that in America’s wing.”

220623-F-FH087-1001.JPG

• Haha 1

There’s no end to it and no amount of appeasement/tolerance is enough. I mean look at the internal strife within the alphabet people movement. The original gay pride/rights movement has been completely overtaken by the modern “other”. Look at the current pride flag for crying out loud. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

can we all just grow the fuck up and be done with this woke virtue signaling nonsense? this is the fucking military take your bull shit to some other government organization.

My conclusion after five years in the Air Force and six years at a defense contractor:  The priorities of the military are as follows:

1.) Serve as a conduit for money into defense contractors

2.) Push woke agendas

3 through 353.) Other stuff

354.) Protect and defend the US.

8 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

2 hours ago, dream big said:

I think it's interesting and telling that the "WTF" thread so often ends up discussing all things Woke.

Perhaps my tinfoil hat is too tight, but I really believe that the collection of increasingly absurd Woke movements is designed to keep people enraged and otherwise distracted from the real concerns in modern society.

Everyone's mental bandwidth is taken up by trying to understand how trans rights and other absurdities appear to be the biggest news story of the day, while meanwhile the country descends further and further into a quasi-oligarchy.

Half of the country is scratching their head and wondering if local libraries hosting Drag Queen Reading Hour is really a thing, while the other half is getting ready to go march in support of Drag Queen Reading Hour.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

26 minutes ago, Blue said:

Capt. Gregory St Clair's comment is especially interesting.  I struggle to think of anyone in the entirety of the DoD who does not know the LGBTQ+ community exists.  Indeed, one would have to be living in an underground bunker inside of a faraday cage to have missed the incessant amount of posturing the DoD does regarding LGBTQ+.....

220623-F-FH087-1001.JPG

The ginger outside with a mask is awesome 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Danger41 said:

There’s no end to it and no amount of appeasement/tolerance is enough. I mean look at the internal strife within the alphabet people movement. The original gay pride/rights movement has been completely overtaken by the modern “other”. Look at the current pride flag for crying out loud. 

Yeah, those of us ~40 and older have seen it happen before our eyes.  It's interesting to watch the implosion of some of these "movements."  What once was a real, meaningful cause evolves further and further into absurdity.

LBG became LGBT in the '90s.  I saw LGBTQIA+ for the first time the other day.  I watched the military change from an outright ban on LGB members, to "Don't ask, don't tell," to "Ask, tell, we don't care."  That should have been the pinnacle, an acknowledgement of how far we progressed as a society.  Instead, now we have the never-ending focus on all things LGBTQIA+, along with arguments about absurdities such as "should transsexuals be allowed to serve, and which bathroom should they use?"

The environmental movement was similar.  We came such an incredibly long way from the bad old days of the 1970s.  The modern automobile is a triumph of engineering.  Modern industrial pollution controls are incredible.  If anyone really gave a shit about the environment today, they'd put their focus on how emerging economies like China and India pollute in a fashion that's 100's of times worse than anything ever done in this country.  Instead, we get people on an absurd quest to ban carbon dioxide emissions and forever shouting about the boogeyman of "global warming."

The battle against racism is the same.  So much progress in the US since the 1960s.  However, it can't end, we need to continue to find more and different groups to battle for, leading to the most recent chimera of "AAPI hate," as in "Hate against Asian American Pacific Islander communities."  If you haven't heard a whole lot about it, it might be because it turns out that scooping everything from the eastern boarder of Europe and Africa all the way to the West coast of the Americas into one giant catch-all racial category is regarded as a little difficult.  Doesn't change the fact that when you google AAPI, you get a whole page about AAPI rights, AAPI discrimination, battling for AAPI equity, etc.  It's a racial "group" that exists only to provide something for the Woke to battle for.

If there is a glimmer of hope, it's that these movements will all grind to a halt and implode as a result of their own inner conflict, and attempts to "out-woke" each other.  This recent Intercept article is timely: Elephant in the Zoom: Meltdowns Have Brought Progressive Advocacy Groups to a Standstill at a Critical Moment in World History.

I'm not the world's biggest Bernie Sanders fan, but I'm not entirely a critic either.  This quote kinda sums up the article (emphasis mine):

During the 2020 presidential campaign, as entry-level staffers for Sanders repeatedly agitated over internal dynamics, despite having already formed a staff union, the senator issued a directive to his campaign leadership: “Stop hiring activists.” Instead, Sanders implored, according to multiple campaign sources, the campaign should focus on bringing on people interested first and foremost in doing the job they’re hired to do.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Perhaps my tinfoil hat is too tight, but I really believe that the collection of increasingly absurd Woke movements is designed to keep people enraged and otherwise distracted from the real concerns in modern society.

You’re overthinking it. These people are exactly as insane as they appear to be.  Col Coyle actually believes that diversity (not unity) is strength.  That the very diverse Afghan AF just met their end by the not-diverse Taliban has no impact on his mindlessly chanting LGBTQ+ dogma.

Edited by tac airlifter
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, tac airlifter said:

You’re overthinking it. These people are exactly as insane as they appear to be.  Col Coyle actually believes that diversity (not unity) is strength. 

For sure there are the true believers in all things Woke.  The "useful idiots," as it were.

Folks like Col Coyle though, I figure he's just taken stock of the situation, and realized what he's got to say and do to get promoted.  Toe the party line, tout "Diversity is our strength" a couple hundred times, and maybe the Gods will shine down upon him and he'll get that first star.

After all, what the hell else are you gonna do as an O-6 ABM?

For sure there are the true believers in all things Woke.  The "useful idiots," as it were.
Folks like Col Coyle though, I figure he's just taken stock of the situation, and realized what he's got to say and do to get promoted.  Toe the party line, tout "Diversity is our strength" a couple hundred times, and maybe the Gods will shine down upon him and he'll get that first star.
After all, what the hell else are you gonna do as an O-6 ABM?

I mean you could really question what an ABM really does at any rank.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Blue said:

220623-F-FH087-1001.JPG

The real question is who thinks they are getting promoted with this.

• Like 2

this is the type of feces I was referring to when I said I found it difficult not to verbally bash homos. I spent 5 years sitting alert with crew dogs and one of the favorite sports was to think of innovative ways to insult each other using, admittedly mean spirited, terms for a homo. We would have had a field day with this group.

On 7/4/2022 at 4:27 AM, arg said:

The real question is who thinks they are getting promoted with this.

They will go very far under the current administration and it’s obsession with affirmative action.  Suck at your job? Just pull the race, LGTBQAZ+$, gender etc card and all is well.  I’ve seen it all the time unfortunately. 

• Upvote 1