WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

48 minutes ago, Scooter14 said:

I looked at the obit earlier today.

When I just tried to pull it up to show someone else…gone.

This keeps getting weirder…

Possible some people started spamming comments about him and they removed it for the family. 

I get the accusations are very serious but I also believe to his family he was someone very important and I'm sad for their loss. Noone raises their little boy to be a sex predator. Whole situation is just tragic. 

Like I said. I knew him as a different dude. A little arrogant but overall decent. If the accusations are true, I'm truly sorry he didn't choose a different path because he had potential to be a decent human. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, M2 said:

Not really WTF? (yet, in some ways, it really is!), but couldn't figure where else to put this...May be an image of 3 people and text that says 'This is it. This is the one. We're done here. Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory'

Willy left this hot "Chocolate Factory" to a pubescent boy and his always half asleep chaperone Grandfather!?

Man, what a boy-teen's dream!

...nevermind till said boy learns who she really is...

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, FLEA said:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/red-bull-plane-swap-faa-revokes-licenses-luke-aikins-andy-farrington/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab6a&linkId=164870016

What's even more WTF is the surprising amount of support these people have who believe "what you do with your private property is none of the FAAs business." 

As much as I admire what Redbull has done to promote aviation, I think the FAA needs to go after the company as well. Someone there planned and approved the stunt, even after the FAA declined to approve it. And yeah, the pilots should’ve known better too. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Prozac said:

As much as I admire what Redbull has done to promote aviation, I think the FAA needs to go after the company as well. Someone there planned and approved the stunt, even after the FAA declined to approve it. And yeah, the pilots should’ve known better too. 

Yeah I would agree with that statement. Completely irresponsible for a company to act that way. The FAA has historically given Red Bull a lot of slack to develop air sports. Maybe some of that needs reigned in. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/17/2022 at 7:54 PM, di1630 said:

Who has the details on this guy: AF pilot turned airline guy who’s a sexual predator.

Went to the academy with him, he always seemed “off”, but hindsight is 2020. During IFS he was showing his classmates a sex video he made with some chick over the weekend, kind of weird.  Would’ve never imagined he was a predator.  

What I don’t understand is when the FAA said ‘nah’, why they didn’t just go do it in Mexico, where anything goes.  They were in Arizona already…just do it over there.  

Instead they directly challenged the FAA, after they’d made their ruling.  

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

21 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:

Had they pulled it off, I'm wondering how this would be playing out. 
Luke is an interesting guy and has done some great and innovative work. 

Good question. I’m also curious how this would have played out had they never asked for permission ahead of time.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, M2 said:

I was a firm believer that America would weather her current storms and come out stronger for it. Now I’m not so sure. 

• Like 1

Why does the 24 year old Spirit F/O get to use the known crew member access point, yet DoD pilots entrusted with weapons of war have to battle airport security checkpoints? I’ve gone through four separate concourses in one day, each of which required me to remove my laptop/belt/shoes while some neckbeard harasses the mom of an infant about “excessive” amounts of breast milk in the diaper bag. Thanks Bin Laden. 

• Like 1

Why does the 24 year old Spirit F/O get to use the known crew member access point, yet DoD pilots entrusted with weapons of war have to battle airport security checkpoints? I’ve gone through four separate concourses in one day, each of which required me to remove my laptop/belt/shoes while some neckbeard harasses the mom of an infant about “excessive” amounts of breast milk in the diaper bag. Thanks Bin Laden. 

Don’t you have TSA pre check?
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Standby said:

Why does the 24 year old Spirit F/O get to use the known crew member access point, yet DoD pilots entrusted with weapons of war have to battle airport security checkpoints? 

I know you don’t want the real answer but it’s because KCM is a pay to play private program.  Like most things TSA, it has nothing to do with threat analysis. The airlines have a profit motive to get their crews to the gate on time and are willing to pay for extra staffing with TSA and the overhead to administer the program.

I guess DOD could sign up with A4A and pay for your access, but that’s not going to happen.

4 hours ago, nunya said:

I know you don’t want the real answer but it’s because KCM is a pay to play private program.  Like most things TSA, it has nothing to do with threat analysis. The airlines have a profit motive to get their crews to the gate on time and are willing to pay for extra staffing with TSA and the overhead to administer the program.

I guess DOD could sign up with A4A and pay for your access, but that’s not going to happen.

It's interesting that DoD has more stringent security requirements for all personnel than TSA does for KCM, but only plays in TSA-precheck for Active Duty members.  Makes me think that MilPDS (or another prgm) provides that data to TSA, but could provide the other requirements for "play" in A4A's/TSA KCM collaboration. KCM does check currently employed status, but Defense Manpower Data Center's (DMDC) Military Verification Service provides that service too. Seems some clever software coding could fix it for all Actively Serving in the FAA limited career fields (i.e. Plt, CSO, Flt Eng, LM, FA..), especially for those servicemembers with FAA credentials as well for the out of uniform check.

https://www.knowncrewmember.org/rules/

Eh, who am I kidding...I'm daydreaming and you're correct...

On 6/11/2022 at 12:47 PM, Standby said:

Same reason you have to go get a single pilot check ride in a Dutchess to get an ATP even though you might be currently flying a four engine heavy around the world and your mil form 8 is far more relevant to transport flying than the worthless three days you just got to spend in a light twin. Some shit will just never make sense. 

• Haha 2

https://www.defense.gov/News/Releases/Release/Article/3055795/department-of-defense-updates-policy-on-hiv-positive-service-members/

No Covid Vax? GTFO. Got HIV? Come on down!

Admittedly, I don’t know enough about HIV but even with no detectable viral load etc in the release, isn’t it still spread via blood/fluid exchange? Therefore, isn’t that putting other members at risk if there are no restrictions?

• Upvote 4