WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

Pretty cool....a great analysis if you had a half hour to sort it out....

He ain’t pointing a gun at me or anyone else not chasing him or trying to hurt him. He is not doing anything threatening. He’s actually running away from his aggressors.

I don’t get your points man. Are you just talking about a random hypothetical that didn’t happen?

16 minutes ago, Alpharatz said:

Ya took too long there Spike Buddy...the kid ran past and just shot another dude...what are your thoughts..ya only got a few seconds if that...Did he shoot in self defense?  Was the second victim trying to defend himself ?  In any case ya REALLY got to hurry up 'cause the kid just blew the bicep off ANOTHER victim...was it self defense?  By who?  quick now...Jeeze Spike Buddy...You got THREE victims and still haven't made a decision...A jury of 12 of your peers may be analyzing YOUR action..or lack of ..soon enough..

What victims? 

You can’t be a victim if you threaten to kill someone and then chase them, if you swing a skateboard at their head, or if you point a loaded weapon directly at their face. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

What victims? 

You can’t be a victim if you threaten to kill someone and then chase them, if you swing a skateboard at their head, or if you point a loaded weapon directly at their face. 

The only victims were Kyle and the good people of Kenosha that had their city torn apart for made up protests in the name of rioting.
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

19 hours ago, Alpharatz said:

Let's say you are a patrolman and some rigged up dude comes running down the street in a riot..pointing and aiming and just shot someone...do you shoot the dude who ..by God.. looks like a kid?    Your decision time is already up...

Yeah, I can tell that you looked at all the facts of this case…and with an unbiased mind.

On 9/28/2021 at 11:30 AM, Alpharatz said:

I sometimes wonder how many gun toting types have ever been in a situation to realize how little comfort carrying a gun gives you (or at least me)..That's why I have stopped recommending Horse dewormer and suggested using Pig tranquilizer..it works just as well for the bug (not at all)  AND cools off any idea of invading the Capitol..or shooting someone..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Alpharatz said:

Pretty cool....a great analysis if you had a half hour to sort it out....

I think the root difference you may not understand is that most folks here don’t consider POSSESSION of a weapon to be a direct threat. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Alpharatz said:

Let's say you are a patrolman and some rigged up dude comes running down the street in a riot..pointing and aiming and just shot someone...do you shoot the dude who ..by God.. looks like a kid?    Your decision time is already up...

Yes, a completely accurate depiction of the scenario as it unfolded.

Rittenhouse surrenders.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

Kenosha is my home town and I know it well.  BLM and etc jumped in to make a scene and others joined the fray and created chaos.  Burn it down, they said.  The asshole gov Evers, that piece of "gotta please the BLMers" shit, refused to send state help like the National Guard.  So the people said screw that, I'm not letting them burn down my town and responded, and brought guns.  And people are upset on a self defense verdict?  That kid should have stayed home.  Rosenbaum was looking for a fight and picked on a kid he thought was vulnerable, because that's what he's done most of his life, molest little boys.  If Rittenhouse wasn't there, it probably have been someone else, the next youngest and vulnerable looking kid.  And we would be reading about some other trial of someone that defended themselves against Rosenbaum.  Skateboarder Huber should have summoned the police instead of attacking. 

Side note and I've mentioned it before, is that many of the businesses that were looted and burned, are owned by non-white people and serve poorer neighborhoods.  Like this one below.  Some rioters tried to loot a deli/convenience store near my grandparents house.  The citizens heard it, and came out shouting.  They scattered and the store survived with some door damage. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, disgruntledemployee said:

Kenosha is my home town and I know it well.  BLM and etc jumped in to make a scene and others joined the fray and created chaos.  Burn it down, they said.  The asshole gov Evers, that piece of "gotta please the BLMers" shit, refused to send state help like the National Guard.  So the people said screw that, I'm not letting them burn down my town and responded, and brought guns.  And people are upset on a self defense verdict?  That kid should have stayed home.  Rosenbaum was looking for a fight and picked on a kid he thought was vulnerable, because that's what he's done most of his life, molest little boys.  If Rittenhouse wasn't there, it probably have been someone else, the next youngest and vulnerable looking kid.  And we would be reading about some other trial of someone that defended themselves against Rosenbaum.  Skateboarder Huber should have summoned the police instead of attacking. 

Side note and I've mentioned it before, is that many of the businesses that were looted and burned, are owned by non-white people and serve poorer neighborhoods.  Like this one below.  Some rioters tried to loot a deli/convenience store near my grandparents house.  The citizens heard it, and came out shouting.  They scattered and the store survived with some door damage. 

Wow, dude didn't seem to be flinching even with all the gunshots.  Not sure I would do the same.  

On 11/21/2021 at 4:21 PM, Buddy Spike said:

Tell me you don't know anything about this case or law enforcement without telling me you don't know anything about this case or law enforcement.

For starters, as pointed out, he did not point or aim his weapon at anyone other than the people he shot.

Second, as a cop, I'm not shooting the kid unless he threatens me or someone else with the weapon.  It starts with loud verbal commands and escalates from there.  It is not my job to judge whether he shot in self defense or not.  Unless he's an active shooter (he was not), or threatening me or someone else (also not), there is no justification to use deadly force against him.

Your take is bad and you should feel bad.  

Actually..I do feel pretty bad ..In any case If I had been there and watched him shoot a man with his rifle ..I think that it's probably 75-25 that I would have shot the kid if he didn't instantly comply..esp. if he turned towards me..No video..no hours of analysis....no goofy judges and lawyers...nothing but a kid?..with a rifle..that he just used to drop someone..with me possibly next...well that kid was found not guilty of anything...makes me feel kind of dumb..eh?   I apologize for the digression..

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 3

46 minutes ago, Alpharatz said:

Actually..I do feel pretty bad ..In any case If I had been there and watched him shoot a man with his rifle ..I think that it's probably 75-25 that I would have shot the kid if he didn't instantly comply..esp. if he turned towards me..No video..no hours of analysis....no goofy judges and lawyers...nothing but a kid?..with a rifle..that he just used to drop someone..with me possibly next...well that kid was found not guilty of anything...makes me feel kind of dumb..eh?   I apologize for the digression..

If he doesn't raise his weapon at me or any other innocent bystanders there is no way I'd take that shot.  I'm sure as heck not going to shoot a dude that just shot someone who was attacking him...especially when that dude was being chased/knocked to the ground with a skateboard.  He was running down the street with his weapon lowered, passing tons of people and not bothering them, I'm not sure I'd be in a hurry to engage someone like that.  Even if I just rounded the corner as he shot someone, if he didn't appear to be threatening anyone who wasn't attacking him, I'm not shooting.  I'll be prepared to respond from a position of cover, but no way I just start shooting.  You don't need hours of analysis/videos/etc... to make that call.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Speaking from experience (I've actually shot somebody), I do not think I would have shot the kid but it's quite possible I'd have shot the skateboard dude and almost certain I would have shot the dude pointing the pistol at the kid. The image that always comes to my mind is Reginald Denny.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Alpharatz said:

Actually..I do feel pretty bad ..In any case If I had been there and watched him shoot a man with his rifle ..I think that it's probably 75-25 that I would have shot the kid if he didn't instantly comply..

In this situation are you imagining you’re a cop or another armed citizen?  In either case, why did you let an angry mob attack the kid and burn the city?  Did you ask the arsonist mob to “comply?”  I welcome dialogue, but your post is nonsensical because it presumes this event occurred in a vacuum. 

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, Alpharatz said:

WTF?

So you'd shoot someone defending themselves?  

If so, who do you think would be the next person dropped?  If you don't instantly know, go look in a mirror.

Or, if you were so lucky to survive shooting someone for no reason, how would you justify shooting someone who wasn't posing a lethal threat towards you?

If you really thought "you'd be next," you have exceptionally poor SA or a clear issue of poor decision-making. 

It's clear as to why those who got shot, got shot.

I honestly hope you aren't allowed to carry a firearm!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Alpharatz said:

And you would have gone to jail.  Good thing you're not a cop then, huh?

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Alpharatz said:

Fear has embraced you. 

Let us hope that most are not like you. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, SocialD said:

Let's all not be to quick to judge, anyone know what she looks like?  I already know she's into some weird shit... :thumbsup:

You’re blindfolded and no touching, you have to pick door 1 or 2…totally worth the risk!

47A273EF-8D01-41BF-BC96-07E16A5E20E7.jpeg.246a37520034c3bae4db517907d46d3b.jpeg

DA4674D7-3A90-4E63-86F7-38BFF8D77D26.thumb.jpeg.754e542465a889a5e399424a7b80f0f3.jpeg

• Haha 2