WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

4 hours ago, Pooter said:

There is no world in which fighter pilot callsigns will be run by the EO office. It's hilarious that this dumbass of a squadron commander thinks that would ever be a thing that anyone would agree to.  I would 110% prefer to not have an official callsign than to do this dickdance and I know every single other pilot in the entire CAF feels the exact same way. 

The predictable result of this is that squadrons are just going to have secret roll calls and namings off base with no bobs invited. Those will be twice as rowdy and irresponsible as if they just let us have our fun in the bar.

If I was the mayor during this train wreck I would, in order:

-resign

-cancel all future rolls calls and namings

-tell everyone in the squadron to stop wearing their callsign name tags

-and then I'd coordinate on the bro level to throw the biggest effing offensive secret naming rager of all time.

Also strip that dude of his call sign...everyone forever more refer to him as rank and last name, even when talking about him in a conversation. His call sign should cease to exist and never be spoken by another individual again. He doesn’t deserve it. 

• Upvote 6

57 minutes ago, Lord Ratner said:

You haven't figured out that good dude ≠ good leader?

The system is designed to select for exactly this type of action. Every single step of the process. 

There's only one option: quit. Your country doesn't need you right now. And when it does, these careerist clowns will be the first to go.

Oh I’ve seen plenty of that. But these two individuals are hard to believe, even in today’s AF. Regardless, sounds like this is most likely a sq/cc thing; my hope is the OG sits him down and tells him to rethink his dumbassery. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, brabus said:

Also strip that dude of his call sign...everyone forever more refer to him as rank and last name, even when talking about him in a conversation. His call sign should cease to exist and never be spoken by another individual again. He doesn’t deserve it. 

Agreed. The craziest part to me is that PC guidance from above isn't new and it certainly isn't a difficult thing to work around. You just have to think creatively, and be straightforward with your squadron. "I'll have your back if you have mine" kind of thing. 

Hell, you can still have names that are acronyms for offensive things and then just create a PC cover story for them. This shouldn't be hard. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pooter said:

Hell, you can still have names that are acronyms for offensive things and then just create a PC cover story for them. This shouldn't be hard. 

No shit. And honestly, 95% of callsigns in my experience are not even offensive in any way...usually a funny story behind them and that’s about it. Wonder if I should celebrate my millionth RF this summer with a Ben Dover or Mike Hunt name tag.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Pooter said:

There is no world in which fighter pilot callsigns will be run by the EO office. It's hilarious that this dumbass of a squadron commander thinks that would ever be a thing that anyone would agree to.  I would 110% prefer to not have an official callsign than to do this dickdance and I know every single other pilot in the entire CAF feels the exact same way. 

The predictable result of this is that squadrons are just going to have secret roll calls and namings off base with no bobs invited. Those will be twice as rowdy and irresponsible as if they just let us have our fun in the bar.

If I was the mayor during this train wreck I would, in order:

-resign

-cancel all future rolls calls and namings

-tell everyone in the squadron to stop wearing their callsign name tags

-and then I'd coordinate on the bro level to throw the biggest effing offensive secret naming rager of all time.

It's gotten pretty close to that already. This has been an ongoing issue, mainly focused on PC names and perception. To the point where the commander would go on urban dictionary and if there was anything derogatory in any of the posts associated with the name, he would then rename the individual with something he deemed appropriate. Many times we would have names for pilots for days or weeks before he deemed it unprofessional and changed it.

We had some new pilots PCS in. SICKS and NEIN. Great callsigns for the 2 pilots, earned at a different base at a different time. They had their callsigns taken away and are now referred to by their first names.

The mayor is basically dead. Not a spear, this specific mayor is an absolute hero, but the micromanagement and ALR with the role is too much currently. The CC is unpredictable and it is absolute hell. I have stories that could go on for days regarding the lunacy stemming from this commander (many during deployment when his chaoticness directly impacted dudes trying to fly combat sorties).

I wish I could tell you the last time the Warhawks had any semblance of morale. I can predict the next time it will be seen is roughly sometime in May, when Phats PCSs.

In the past month the warhawks have also lost

- Their hand signal/gang sign (used to be a W by lowering the ring finger - reason given was that it looked too much like the shocker)

- "FNG" name. Previously new pilots were referred to as Filthy Beans (FB) until named. The new "new guy" call sign is New Warhawk ________ (first name only). NW is not an accepted abbreviation for "New Warhawk" as it may be misconstrued (???)

- Top 6-9 meetings are no longer referred to as Top 6-9 meetings due to the sexual nature of their name. They are now Top 4-8 meetings, "or commander, DO, ADO, and Flt CC meetings - no other names will be accepted"

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, Anon696969 said:

In the past month the warhawks have also lost

Wow dude, that is all unbelievable. Hope Spang gets an awesome FS/CC in the summer who undoes all this bullshit. Also hope Lt Col Kennedy retires and is summarily blackballed by every airline. Also, go guard.

• Upvote 1

He really might be the worst CC I’ve personally heard of. Godspeed Spang bros. Don’t let the young guys give up, make sure they know this will pass and there is light at the end of the tunnel. Help reinforce this with awesome no-bob parties and max emphasis on tactical badassery at work.   

Edit: It goes without saying we don’t have the whole picture, and something likely happened as a precursor. But, this is a clear example of epically failing to deal with the problem appropriately. I don’t care if someone wore a Jerk MeHoff name tag TDY or the boss was gone when they named someone Eat a bag of dicks. Those are things that should be dealt with in ways other than full scorched earth on morale and traditions (of which are entirely clean in nature).

Edited by brabus
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, pawnman said:

Well...now I'm curious what the offensive version of "JM" is.

I’m impressed that the LPA managed to come up with an offensive double meaning and it made it back to the Bob in less than a day.

=========

MR MAYOR!  POINT OF ORDER!

I move that Lt Herr’s new call sign be “Prince Albert”, or “Prince” for short.

==========

I’ve seen the occasional socially awkward CC, but most of them knew they were socially awkward and came to accept it as a limitation, working around it.  This idiot sounds completely oblivious.

Suggest a hostile renaming: D.B.  You know, for Daring Bob.  Used in a sentence: “We used to call him Phats, but that was before he came out of the closet as a raging Daring Bob.”

Edited by BFM this
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HuggyU2 said:

So this is bizarre. This dude is forced to work for a guy that inappropriately touched his wife, should have been fired for it, and wasn't? No wonder he is shutting down any sense of morale. He probably believes the AF really is a cess pool of misogyny at this point. 

9 hours ago, Guardian said:

What are all the possiblties here?

Was there a court case? Is someone guilty and someone innocent? Not sure what is going on here.

More pics maybe??

1 hour ago, 17D_guy said:

That was a moronic decision to target for his opinion piece. 

Especially when there are so many other legitimate things you could target about our lack of mission focus as China seems to strengthen theirs that have nothing to do with making it easier for pregnant service members to come to work every day. 

• Upvote 2