WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

3 hours ago, brabus said:

I haven’t read much specifics on the Texas situation, but two thoughts:

- It was a once in a century weather event for that region...should their power grid be built to withstand something that might happen in 100 years from now? Is that extra money and effort worth it? Put it this way, 5 years from now Texans see a bond on their ballot for billions to “winterize” their power grid to withstand blizzard conditions. It’s going to cost those taxpayers a sizable increase in tax...how many will say “fuck that, this is Texas, I’ll take my chances with some 100 year storm!” Probably enough to kill that bond, and I wouldn’t really blame them. I also don’t buy warranties on every item I buy at Lowe’s.

Should Texas receive federal disaster aid if they don’t implement federal preparedness recommendations? They wanted to be a distinct power grid in order to not be regulated but now they are getting aid for their failure to prepare for an event that had precedent only 10 years ago.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Breckey said:

Should Texas receive federal disaster aid if they don’t implement federal preparedness recommendations? They wanted to be a distinct power grid in order to not be regulated but now they are getting aid for their failure to prepare for an event that had precedent only 10 years ago.

Probably not. But neither should any other state who suffers from the effects of poor policy/financial decisions. But, we like to shovel federal money on every problem, when in Rome...

51 minutes ago, brabus said:

Probably not. But neither should any other state who suffers from the effects of poor policy/financial decisions. But, we like to shovel federal money on every problem, when in Rome...

I think the same thing of the idiots in NW Florida continuing to build on the barrier islands after their house is destroyed in yet another hurricane.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/23/2021 at 8:31 AM, Breckey said:

By a logical standard? No. By the standard we have established through other disasters in other states? Yes.

The most important reason Texas (and all other states) shouldn't get disaster aid is that it diminishes the concept of and support for States rights. Rights fine with responsibilities, yet we are in an era of anti-responsibility.

"Should Texas receive federal disaster aid if they don’t implement federal preparedness recommendations? "

Where did you get that idea?  Yes we have our own grid, but there are still thousands of pages of federal regulations our power plants must follow.

None of which would  have made a difference last week.

Oh, and it is the Blue States, not Texas, that are begging DC to help them pay for their massive deficit spending caused by wildly overgenerous government employee benefits, corrupt bureaucracies, and crony capitalism.  All while seeing their tax bases erode as productive private sector businesses and individuals flee their high taxes and crumbling schools and infrastructures.  

Edited by JimNtexas
clarification
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, ViperStud said:

Spang Viper Drivers, can anyone confirm this is real?  If so, looks like we’re in for another round of PC retardation from above. 

9E926850-223B-44B2-B5BE-936166474355.jpeg

It's real. It is the latest in an absolute disaster of leadership. The dude in charge is so terrified of being fired things like this happen. Not a singular event, just the latest and most public thus far...

No way, has to be trolling. The wing and OG were solid fighter pilots/leaders as SQ/CCs at least...if this is true, they have lost their minds and the respect of any fighter pilot who has worked with/for them (except for those who decided to castrate themselves with the blue koolaid snips of course).

Edited by brabus

22 minutes ago, brabus said:

No way, has to be trolling. The wing and OG were solid fighter pilots/leaders as SQ/CCs at least...if this is true, they have lost their minds and the respect of any fighter pilot who has worked with/for them (except for those who decided to castrate themselves with the blue koolaid snips of course).

It's real. Congrats Phats, this is, and forever will be your legacy. Assuming your leadership is pushing this on you Phats, you had options, all of them better than this. A squadron full of guys with no callsigns would be better than this Sesame Street spectacle of a naming you propose. The Warhawks deserve better. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Waingro said:

It's real. Congrats Phats, this is, and forever will be your legacy. Assuming your leadership is pushing this on you Phats, you had options, all of them better than this. A squadron full of guys with no callsigns would be better than this Sesame Street spectacle of a naming you propose. The Warhawks deserve better. 

I have my doubts this is coming from anyone above him. Phats is the worst commander I've seen, and he lost that squadron a long, long time ago. Not to mention his hand in the slam piece that was the Air Force Times article targeting the previous OG/CC. He needed to be fired years ago.

Unbelievable. I don’t know Phats, but if this is solely his plan, then it needs to be crushed by Smirk and/or Fuge. If it’s their idea, then they have sold their souls and are no longer the men I knew. But, that’s very hard to believe...sounds like it’s fairly plausible this is SQ/CC level dumbassery. I hope that’s true, and he’s shortly about to get his dicked kicked in by his bosses. 

Edited by brabus

It's not long before you'll no longer be able to critique someone in a debrief. 

A buddy of mine taught an early indoc class recently - At the end he asked if there were any questions on the content. No one spoke so he said, "Silence is consent" and excused the class. Three of the flight students reported his comment which has been used throughout my entire career. 

• Haha 1

There is no world in which fighter pilot callsigns will be run by the EO office. It's hilarious that this dumbass of a squadron commander thinks that would ever be a thing that anyone would agree to.  I would 110% prefer to not have an official callsign than to do this dickdance and I know every single other pilot in the entire CAF feels the exact same way. 

The predictable result of this is that squadrons are just going to have secret roll calls and namings off base with no bobs invited. Those will be twice as rowdy and irresponsible as if they just let us have our fun in the bar.

If I was the mayor during this train wreck I would, in order:

-resign

-cancel all future rolls calls and namings

-tell everyone in the squadron to stop wearing their callsign name tags

-and then I'd coordinate on the bro level to throw the biggest effing offensive secret naming rager of all time.

Edited by Pooter
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Anon696969 said:

It's real. It is the latest in an absolute disaster of leadership. The dude in charge is so terrified of being fired things like this happen. Not a singular event, just the latest and most public thus far...

As most know it started years ago and is only going to getting worse...(see thread about USAFA safe spaces).

My old squadron had to remove a ton of heritage stuff going back to combat ops in Vietnam. 

I remember my Wing/CC interview with Gen Rand...he was pulling his hair out after a naming ceremony at the IFF Sq at Randolph...I can only imagine how bad it is now.

1 hour ago, ClearedHot said:

As most know it started years ago and is only going to getting worse...(see thread about USAFA safe spaces).

My old squadron had to remove a ton of heritage stuff going back to combat ops in Vietnam. 

I remember my Wing/CC interview with Gen Rand...he was pulling his hair out after a naming ceremony at the IFF Sq at Randolph...I can only imagine how bad it is now.

That pisses me off more than anything because you know gen rand was around back in the heyday when you could get away with anything.  But now that he's old and the one who has to provide top cover he's not into it anymore. 

8 hours ago, brabus said:

You haven't figured out that good dude ≠ good leader?

The system is designed to select for exactly this type of action. Every single step of the process. 

There's only one option: quit. Your country doesn't need you right now. And when it does, these careerist clowns will be the first to go.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1