WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

She was definitely used by the left on this one, but the lack of empathy for a 16 year old girl on here is disgusting. Anyone going after her should be ashamed of themselves. Go after the adults all day!

And an FYI, my autistic son is about on the same level (highly functional-she freaking sailed to the conference by herself) as her, and he is definitely capable of destroying adults with logic and sound reasoning in any discussion. His ability to hyper focus on stuff and learn/educate himself would make most adults feel stupid talking geopolitics with him. Was she used? Probably. Does she deserve any of the vitriol thrown at her by grown, fully developed-brain adults? No way!

Sometimes I’m amazed at the awe-inspiring, selfless people I work with in the AF. Then a bunch of you go after an autistic 16 year old, and I’m reminded a bunch of you probably still think our president is the genius he claims to be...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

9 hours ago, slackline said:

<snip>
And an FYI, my autistic son is about on the same level (highly functional-she freaking sailed to the conference by herself)..."

I have an autistic spectrum kid too, I get it.

Here is a minor detail for you - she did not sail here by herself, she had a crew of adults on board.

Lastly, you talk about going after her, well she is really putting herself forward as an adult, and so we will treat her as such.  Besides, she has knowingly stepped right into the world of politics, and literally pointing the finger at the world - a very adult affair.  I wonder if her handlers told her how much vitriol would be headed her way, after she opened that mouth?

9 hours ago, slackline said:

Sometimes I’m amazed at the awe-inspiring, selfless people I work with in the AF. Then a bunch of you go after an autistic 16 year old, and I’m reminded a bunch of you probably still think our president is the genius he claims to be...

Slackline, I'm with you. Amazing how people are quick to attack a child vs being impressed by the conviction present and taking the suggestion to educate themselves on the matter. How many others (age irrelevant) would sail themselves across an ocean to pursue one's motivations? If I had a commander who sounded half as interested in something bigger than themselves vs just CYA mentality, it would solve alot of problems...

It’s a bunch of bullshit, they put her up because you’re not “supposed” to criticize her due to her age/gender/disability, oldest trick in the book.    It’s slimy, even worse when you look her parents up, she is being played like a puppet.  Play adult games get adult results.

• Like 6

Lack of empathy, then in the same breathe you tell someone else to go choke themselves. OK. It is literally sad that the left is using the mentally ill like they are. 

Nailed it! That’s absolutely an apples to apples comparison. Well done...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 9/24/2019 at 9:13 PM, herkbum said:

I can’t even watch that. It seems so over the top.

Lol, just a bit.  It's almost like she's been coached in acting (her family is full of actors) and regurgitating what others are telling her to say...

6 hours ago, matmacwc said:

It’s a bunch of bullshit, they put her up because you’re not “supposed” to criticize her due to her age/gender/disability, oldest trick in the book.    It’s slimy, even worse when you look her parents up, she is being played like a puppet.  Play adult games get adult results.

Right!  They found a perfect combo here, a person you "can't criticize," and parents perfectly willing to let their child be used as a puppet.  In fact, I have no doubt her handlers/funders were counting on her being attacked.  Her family is set to release a book next year, so I'm guessing her handlers are not the only ones who will be lining their pockets off this publicity.  As always, follow the money.

9 minutes ago, brwwg&b said:

While everyone is up in arms over the medium, no one has really attacked the message. Who benefits most from climate change being denied? Who suffers most? Is data being manipulated one way or another to sway "beliefs" about this?

For the visual types:

https://climate.nasa.gov/

What, specifically, is proposed to affect "climate change?"  Why/how/how much?

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/3/100304-snowball-earth-ice-global-warming/

9 hours ago, brwwg&b said:

Slackline, I'm with you. Amazing how people are quick to attack a child vs being impressed by the conviction present and taking the suggestion to educate themselves on the matter. How many others (age irrelevant) would sail themselves across an ocean to pursue one's motivations? If I had a commander who sounded half as interested in something bigger than themselves vs just CYA mentality, it would solve alot of problems...

It is very possible to be a convicted moron though. Having conviction and interest don't necessarily mean you know shit about the topic.

I'm all for attacking ideas but think it is inappropriate to attack/denigrate the messenger regardless of age or mental acuity. Though in this case, her parents threw her to the wolves.

As to the message ... Of course our climate is changing, as it has since the planet was formed. But the fear mongering and claims that humans are the main cause of it, is ludicrous and has no actual scientific (observable, quantifiable, and repeatable) evidence for support. The people who benefit from declaring that man is primarily responsible for climate change include everyone funded to study it, the Al Gore types who sell carbon offsets, the sellers of "sustainable energy" that takes more energy to produce than it offsets (e.g. windmills), etc.

I'm all for us being more socially responsible and better stewards of our planet but I don't advocate using fear to manipulate and exploit. Lets continue to study and develop more efficient technologies that will reduce pollution. And, lets start with cleaning our oceans, which to me are the true tangible evidence of mans disregard for our planet. The Pacific's garbage patch is bigger than Texas!

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, brickhistory said:

What, specifically, is proposed to affect "climate change?"  Why/how/how much?

I don't place blame solely on human endeavors or natural, knowing there's likely a combined effect vs a glaring root cause. I'm more interested in whether any outcome is controllable / preventable and how massive an effect it will have, whether left unchecked or not.

9 minutes ago, bfargin said:

Having conviction and interest don't necessarily mean you know shit about the topic.

I agree. I don't think her role is significant in presenting the data, but more so in the means of inspiring other (especially young) people to get behind a cause larger than their own personal self-interest, or how many likes they can get on their latest instagram post to satisfy some dopamine thirst. If it inspires people to do some research about the (many) environmental problems which exist, and as you pointed out there are certainly tangible undeniable ones, and to contribute to their solution, then all the better.

12 minutes ago, brwwg&b said:

knowing there's likely a combined effect vs a glaring root cause

Do ya?  I'm OK if true but there is so much back and forth.

As soon as I heard a politician say, "The science is settled" I was immediately suspect.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

If you want the most polished counter argument to the climate change dogma, look up the Manhattan Contrarian. The amount of manipulation to the data sets is so egregious it brings the entire theory into question.

And where the hell did you guys get the idea she sailed across the Atlantic on her own? That didn't make you pause?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I watched the speech. It was stupid, but exactly the type of stupid I expect from an exploited child. I doubt she even wrote it.

What kind of people convince a bunch of kids they are going to die in a decade or two from something that's barely supported by the data? You know these very adults don't actually believe their own BS, because they aren't throwing themselves into the gears to save the world. She rode a boat to get to the speech; the adults all took cars and planes. That's enough to tell you who's a true believer and who's just virtue signaling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

18 hours ago, Bigred said:

https://www.pilotonline.com/news/crime/vp-nw-navy-captain-paralyzed-20190927-m3s7zwirejhufodaxjl762dppi-story.html?outputType=amp

His attorney, Jeremiah “Jake” Denton IV, declined to comment.

Anyone else notice this?   Grandson?