WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

Anybody try to go to the portal lately? Can't go to the portal without watching the "don't touch each other" video, but the video won't load. I just removed the word email from the URL and was able to gain access... But still, WTF

Man who flew Channel 3 helicopter arrested for flying without a license.

A man who often posed as a helicopter pilot and flew at least once last year for KCRA-TV, Channel 3, was arrested in upstate New York Monday, on a warrant out of Sacramento, where he is under federal indictment for flying without a license.

3qjhk1.jpg

Slackline - isn't flying helos supposed to be "difficult"?

No shit. It gets even better:

The affidavit says that, armed with a Federal Aviation Administration certification he obtained fraudulently under the Cuni alias, Dial was hired as a news helicopter pilot and flew in that capacity approximately 265 times in the Bay Area between December 2009 and August 2010. The affidavit does not include the name or names of the media outlet or outlets that used his services.

Two years ago, Coleman wrote in the affidavit, Dial used the fictitious Cuni identity to gain employment with Mountain Lifeflight Inc., an air ambulance service in Susanville. He supplied the company with these documents, all allegedly bogus: an FAA temporary airman certificate, an FAA medical second class certificate, a Vermont driver's license bearing his picture, a U.S. Army helicopter pilot qualification card and an Army discharge from active duty.

There is no record of a Thomas R. Cuni ever being issued a driver's license by Vermont, and no record of a person with that name having served in the military and being honorably discharged, according to the affidavit.

It says that, from July 3, 2011, to Nov. 7, 2011, under the Cuni name, Dial flew 63 missions out of Susanville for Mountain Lifeflight.

When he was stopped for speeding last year by a McCall, Idaho, police officer, Dial was carrying two wallets, one with the phony Vermont driver's license and the other with a California driver's license bearing his real name, the affidavit says. He admitted obtaining the Vermont license, by then expired on its face, 12 years before to avoid apprehension on two outstanding felony warrants in the state of Washington.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2013/07/24/5590535/man-accused-of-posing-as-helicopter.html#storylink=cpy

Since the Mods have taken down the Liberty thread, I figured I'd stick this story in here.

I applaud this young officer for having the balls to take on his leadership and organization. Unbelievable...makes you wonder how many other departments are running in a similar way.

So when does the Liberty thread get put back up?

• Upvote 1

It appears that ABC is letting elementary school children write articles again:

#1 - It's not an "aft ray dome". The "ray dome" is where the alien technology death rays shoot out, but we're not supposed to talk about that.

#2 - Peter Field, an aviation consultant who specializes in military aircraft accidents, told ABC News, that he believes the "aft ray dome" fell while the aircraft was in-flight. Well thank you for that brilliant piece of deduction Pete. If it fell off while the airplane was sitting on the ramp, it probably wouldn't be in Mr. Martinez back yard, now would it?

Wait, when was it a good time to talk to the media?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/military-aircraft-part-falls-texas-backyard/story?id=19781023

• Upvote 1

#2 - he believes the "aft ray dome" fell while the aircraft was in-flight.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/military-aircraft-part-falls-texas-backyard/story?id=19781023

Wait, did you miss the Public Affairs story that Kelly was using the Yard a pult to get rid of unserviceable aft ray domes? They were just piling up all over the base and they needed to do something. Sequestration.

Hilarious Fox interview of Reza Aslan, the interviewer is digging hard and pulling accusations out of the dark, Aslan is handling like a boss.

https://www.youtube....h?v=vwWbPpFZ31s

Seriously?...hilarious? ...but you are right Reza Aslan should be in the WTF thread:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/reza-aslan-media-martyr-and-bully_742315.html

None of these degrees is in history, so Aslan’s repeated claims that he has “a Ph.D. in the history of religions” and that he is “a historian” are false. Nor is “professor of religions” what he does “for a living.” He is an associate professor in the Creative Writing program at the University of California, Riverside, where his terminal MFA in fiction from Iowa is his relevant academic credential. It appears he has taught some courses on Islam in the past, and he may do so now, moonlighting from his creative writing duties at Riverside. Aslan has been a busy popular writer, and he is certainly a tireless self-promoter, but he is nowhere known in the academic world as a scholar of the history of religion. And a scholarly historian of early Christianity? Nope.

Aslan’s Ph.D., explains Franck, was in sociology. “He cannot plausibly claim, as he did to Lauren Green, that he is a ‘historian,’ or is a ‘professor of religions’ ‘for a living.

Read his twitter comments. The dude is pretty arrogant and unprofessional for someone that claims to be a scholar. Just want to make sure everyone has all the facts.

Dude, he has a PhD in Sociology with a thesis directly related to religion. I'm guessing his study had a lot to do with religion. He may not be a "religious scholar" but if you don't think as a sociology type he can't be a scholar of religion.... I don't know what to say.

EDIT: He may well be a pompous ass, I haven't really read any of his shit, but do you have a problem with anything he's actually said, or you gonna stick to character assassination?

Edited by busdriver

Hmm, a neo-conservative magazine lamenting Aslan. Interesting...

"Aslan holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in religions from Santa Clara University, a Master of Theological Studies degree from Harvard Divinity School, and a Master of Fine Arts degree from the University of Iowa's Writers' Workshop, where he was named the Truman Capote Fellow in Fiction. Aslan also received a Doctor of Philosophy in Sociology from the University of California, Santa Barbara. His dissertation was titled "Global Jihadism as a Transnational Social Movement: A Theoretical Framework""

He's a bit more qualified than the Weekly Standard would like to believe.The great thing about advanced degrees is that you have the opportunity to make it your own, for example my master's is in international relations although throughout my studies I didn't focus international relations, but rather Chinese military development. A PHD in sociology could very easily focus on religion without "religion" written on his degree.

The point of my post was to show the blatant effort of Fox to create an issue out of an educated Muslim writing a book on a Christian god. Though I don't condone his choice of language on Twitter, those examples in your article were almost certainty cherry picked to promote the author's image of Aslan.