WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

I think I'd rather deal with the legal ramifications of claiming to be a conscientious objector than all of the possible issues a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the leg would cause.

edit: nouns, verbs, adjectives... All Greek to me.

Edited by sky_king

I think I'd rather deal with the legal ramifications of claiming to be a conscientious objector than all of the possible issues a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the leg would cause.

edit: nouns, verbs, adjectives... All Greek to me.

Like ... a fucking GUNSHOT WOUND TO THE LEG. Follow this logic:

1. Scared of getting shot in Afghanistan

2. Have spouse shoot me so I won't go to Afghanistan

3. ?

4. Profit

• Upvote 1

1. Scared of getting shot in Afghanistan

2. Have spouse shoot me so I won't go to Afghanistan

3. Get caught

4. Have UCMJ issues

5. Go on the "View" and cry about how unfair life is, blame it on "I'm scared I'll be raped by my own fellow Airmen"; Joy Behar calls you "brave" and a "true hero"

6. Write a book about your "ordeal"; give it a catchy title like "Taking One for Sexual Harassment"

7. Profit

FIFY

How much mileage is the husband going to get out of this one..."Look b*tch, I've already shot you once and I ain't afraid to do it again!"

It frightens me that there are people this stupid in the USAF.

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123317364

So $18.3 million price tag for install....projected savings were $550K/yr...array has 30 yr life span:

18,300,000 / 550,000 = 33 yr break even point.

So instead of paying $16.5M over 30 years (550,000/yr) we (government) decided to pay (spend out tax money) $18.3M right meow (American Recovery and Reinvestment Act) for a project that was destined to fail unless better than expected results were obtained?

WOW!

Cheers,

Cap-10

http://www.af.mil/ne...sp?id=123317364

So $18.3 million price tag for install....projected savings were $550K/yr...array has 30 yr life span:

18,300,000 / 550,000 = 33 yr break even point.

So instead of paying $16.5M over 30 years (550,000/yr) we (government) decided to pay (spend out tax money) $18.3M right meow (American Recovery and Reinvestment Act) for a project that was destined to fail unless better than expected results were obtained?

WOW!

Cheers,

Cap-10

It's all about color of money. They scored an estimated $18M in one-time investment funds from a different pot of money and "earned" $500K-$800K per year in discretionary O&M. Shell game.

Hume said the main driver of the project has been to save money and allow the Academy to refocus the money spent on utilities toward the direct mission, instead of mission support.

Edit: grammar.

Edited by HU&W
  • Upvote 1

If we invested that $18.3M in anything with more than a 3% return, we'd be able to pay that $550k extra bill and have money left over to, I don't know, pay down our damn debt!

A tenured California college professor was the focus of a four-month investigation after he wrote a letter to the local newspaper critical of the school’s plans for a new degree in homosexual studies.

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/professor-who-questioned-lgbt-class-faced-probe.html

And we wonder why the U.S. education system is in the state it is today.

Check this out. Ex Columbian AF helicopter pilot gets shot and paralyzed, then makes a living inventing ways to make coffee out of random junk and parts.

http://jalopnik.com/...out-of-old-junk

original.jpg

César, who goes by El Capi (short for capitano) began his career a Colombian Air Force chopper pilot and then an airline pilot. When a man who was jealous of his girlfriend shot him in the back, he lost use of his legs, but that didn't stop him from working as an airline safety official and a television journalist.

Now, using what he's leaned in his various other lives, he runs a coffee tourism business in Alto de la Mina, a town his grandfather established as a hub of Colombia's coffee trade in the 1880s. Using old beer kegs and washing machine parts, he makes his own coffee, drawing tourism and business to the secluded town.

As a young pilot in the Colombian Air Force, César said he "dropped a lot of bombs" on guerrillas from the Vietnam-era UH-1 Iroquois helicopters he flew. His military service got him a job as a pilot with Avianca, Colombia's top carrier.

Life was pretty sweet as a dashing young airline captain, but that all came screeching to a halt 17 years ago. As César tells it, his wife's jealous ex-boyfriend, another Air Force guy, decided that he wanted César out of the picture. So he shot César in Cali one night, hitting him in the spine and the lungs. Luckily, the bullet didn't kill him, but one of them severed his spinal cord and he became a paraplegic.

Along with a small team of workers, he processes coffee onsite, using old machines and contraptions he's built out of old beer kegs, washing machine parts, and anything else laying around that comes in handy. His coffee bean toaster is perhaps the most spectacular of these, looking like something from Doc Brown's laboratory. He pours the beans into an old beer keg, where they rotate as they're heated by burners that look like they came from a buffet table. Using a custom fabricated metal widget that slides into a bolt hole welded onto the front of the barrel, he checks the beans periodically. When they're ready, he opens a hatch and the beans pour into an old washing machine barrel, where they spin beneath an old bathroom fan to cool off. A network of PVC pipe sucks smoke and dust out of the room to keep the air clear.

Also,

Too fat to be executed? Poor guy is all depressed sitting on death row. I feel bad for him.

http://news.yahoo.co...-062549672.html

LOL this is maybe the most pathetic thing ever. If they really are worried about troubles with lethal injection, this should still work at least:

800px-45_ACP_-_FMJ_-_SB_-_1.jpg

Edited by spaceman

A new heat exchanger design allows air to be cooled from 1,000 deg C to -150 deg C in 1/100 of a second; has the potential to give passenger aircraft cruise speed of mach 5.

Wow that is very cool (hardy har har). I'll have to look these guys up when I'm not at work. I'm a heat transfer engineer so this is sorta interesting to me.

For reference, 400 megawatts of heat transfer is quite a bit! One of my recent projects was a radiator for a 600hp fire truck, and this is about 1500 times more heat than that radiator dissipated.

Wow that is very cool (hardy har har). I'll have to look these guys up when I'm not at work. I'm a heat transfer engineer so this is sorta interesting to me.

For reference, 400 megawatts of heat transfer is quite a bit! One of my recent projects was a radiator for a 600hp fire truck, and this is about 1500 times more heat than that radiator dissipated.

Spaceman: Check out the story on "Secret Pete" in the last Smithsonian "Air & Space" mag. and his thermo cooling efforts for the Unlimited Race Airplanes for the Reno Air Races....Up your alley!

Cheers

It's refreshing that Fox News is willing to publish holiday greetings during commercial breaks; they just had one for Rosh Hashanah and Labor Day. However, if they are going to air one for the USAF's 65th birthday by showing different aircraft during the spot (presumably in homage to the AF's heritage), someone should tell them we do not fly the SU-27.

http://youtu.be/jTgc7D_RjOo

It's refreshing that Fox News is willing to publish holiday greetings during commercial breaks; they just had one for Rosh Hashanah and Labor Day. However, if they are going to air one for the USAF's 65th birthday by showing different aircraft during the spot (presumably in homage to the AF's heritage), someone should tell them we do not fly the SU-27.

http://youtu.be/jTgc7D_RjOo

Smash SU-27!!!!

Cheers,

Cap-10