WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

I'd prefer if the security officers protecting federal offices didn't have any ammunition in their firearms.

Lets see, 174,000 rounds by 41 federal buildings equals roughly 4200 rounds per building. Estimate anywhere from 5-10 security officers for 24/7/365 coverage... sounds about the right amount of ammo for routine use and emergencies.

Edited by Vertigo

http://www.duffelblog.com/2012/08/nbc-cancels-series-entire-cast-of-stars-earn-stripes-killed-in-afghanistan/

“This is really an unfortunate tragedy,” said NBC Executive Andrew Jacobson. “These stars were trained by real professionals and given lots of fake Hollywood-style action shots. We thought that it would be fitting for the final assault of the season to take place in Afghanistan on the front lines with no help from their professional instructors.”

Hollywood's latest attempt at mimicking combat fails horribly. (Yes, this is a parody article, not an actual news article).

• Upvote 1

Woman suing Dallas Cowboys for sitting on a bench and burning herself. http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/8276263/dallas-cowboys-hot-water-burned-fan-files-lawsuit-team

the suit, which was filed in Tarrant County civil court, states. "The combination of the nature of the black, marble bench and hot sunlight caused the bench to become extremely hot and unreasonably dangerous."

So she's suing the Cowboys, but in the suit they explicitly blame nature for what happened. Hmmmm

I seriously don't know who is a bigger dumbass... The person who had the bright idea to install a black marble bench intended for public use that sits baking in the Texas heat or the person who thought it was a good idea to sit on a black stone bench in Texas in August.

How did no one see this result from 10 miles away? Despite this lady being a moron herself, she'll walk away with a lot of money here.

Welcome... you're only a few years behind.

Kabul Court Discovers Forensics

U.S. Introduces Science to Justice System Long Reliant on Coerced Evidence; Some Locals Remain Wary

Coalition forces captured Mr. Khalid in a military raid in 2011. He was then "biometrically enrolled," with his fingerprints and retina digitally scanned. His fingerprints matched ones on bits of a roadside bomb that hit a coalition military patrol in April 2010, wounding five troops, according to evidence presented by Afghan prosecutors. The bomb was rigged to go off when a victim stepped on or drove over it. Military evidence collectors found one part wrapped inside an old inner tube and lifted fingerprints from tape used to hold the device together.

In an opening statement at the trial, Mr. Khalid maintained his innocence, saying he was an ordinary man who had spent his life working in the fields of his native province.

"I don't have any connection to any armed groups," said Mr. Khalid, a thickly bearded man wearing a common baggy tunic and trousers in white with his prisoner number handwritten in magic marker.

After hearing his sentence—a maximum of 12 years, including time served—Mr. Khalid said he disagreed. A court official signed his thumbprint to a verdict sheet. His attorney didn't immediately say whether he would seek an appeal.

Voluntold for base Air Show.

10-6 on a Sat, in uniform of course.

No coolers or backpacks allowed. No food provided. :bash:

If you were scheduled for weekend duty, good news! Friday word came down you wouldn't have to schedule leave for Air Show support.

WTF happened to my Air Force?

Voluntold for base Air Show.

10-6 on a Sat, in uniform of course.

No coolers or backpacks allowed. No food provided. :bash:

If you were scheduled for weekend duty, good news! Friday word came down you wouldn't have to schedule leave for Air Show support.

WTF happened to my Air Force?

Did they specifically tell you flight suit or just to be in uniform? If it was the latter, I'd definitely wear mess dress. No question.

Did they specifically tell you flight suit or just to be in uniform? If it was the latter, I'd definitely wear mess dress. No question.

Short-sleeved blues shirt with all your ribbons, tie with air force symbol tie tac, wheel cap, button-up cardigan, black cowboy boots. That'll show 'em!

Great ideas, I'll pass it around. I don't get bags.

Say what?

Yep. That was sent to the wife... in the Ops Sq!

I remember back in my old day ('99) that you'd get food for free, and occasionally a day off/pass for volunteering. Plus the FOD walk afterwards always had the golden screw (STS) or whatever it was called.

EDIT: Added memories of an AF past.

Edited by 17D_guy