WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

It's weak that someone can sexually assault a passed out person at a party, take pictures, post it on social media, and get away with a plea bargain. What other evidence does the prosecution/judge need?

Agree completely. It is absolute horseshit. She has to feel this shame for the rest of her life. At the very least, she has been robbed of her dignity. Meanwhile, these pieces of shit were protected. What is the worst that can happen to them with a plea bargain? Certainly not what they deserve.

Edited by Masshole

Agree completely. It is absolute horseshit. She has to feel this shame for the rest of her life. At the very least, she has been robbed of her dignity. Meanwhile, these pieces of shit were protected. What is the worst that can happen to them with a plea bargain? Certainly not what they deserve.

Lighten up, no one here knows the complete story and there could be numerous other factors involved that would paint an entirely different picture of what actually transpired.

And her 17-yr-old dignity was lost when she got so inebriated at a party that she passed out...

Certainly there has to be a reasonable expectation that she wouldn't be assaulted if she passed out, but she has to take her share of the blame for allowing herself to get that way. I'm tired of hearing about 'victims' of sexual assaults who's story always starts with "we were drinking and then went to my/his room and..." Not to seem like the insensitive asshole that I am, but you have to know a guy isn't coming up to your room for cookies and milk. If you believe that, there are no amount CBTs or training that will save your ass. When you allow yourself to be out in a situation like that, you SHARE the blame. There are lots of girls who get drunk but manage to not put themselves in a situation like that. Sure, there are legit rape cases out there, but if your story starts out with "I'm 17 and was drinking..." then you are already in trouble.

Hell, I should claim to be a victim next time I get pulled over for drunk driving saying I drank so much that I ran out of money...couldn't afford a cab...so I decided to drive myself. I blame the club for charging me so much for those damn drinks...

Speaking of racial slurs, this chick from Greece just got booted from the Olympics as a triple jumper because of a comment she made in reference to African immigration in her home nation.

“With so many Africans in Greece … at least the West Nile mosquitos will eat homemade food!!!,”

Now my only interest in the Summer Games is on its way back to unemployment in Greece.

http://sports.yahoo....on-twitter.html

voula-papachristou1.jpgvoula-papachristou-greece.jpg290548.jpg

Certainly there has to be a reasonable expectation that she wouldn't be assaulted if she passed out, but she has to take her share of the blame for allowing herself to get that way. I'm tired of hearing about 'victims' of sexual assaults who's story always starts with "we were drinking and then went to my/his room and..." Not to seem like the insensitive asshole that I am, but you have to know a guy isn't coming up to your room for cookies and milk. If you believe that, there are no amount CBTs or training that will save your ass. When you allow yourself to be out in a situation like that, you SHARE the blame. There are lots of girls who get drunk but manage to not put themselves in a situation like that. Sure, there are legit rape cases out there, but if your story starts out with "I'm 17 and was drinking..." then you are already in trouble.

Hell, I should claim to be a victim next time I get pulled over for drunk driving saying I drank so much that I ran out of money...couldn't afford a cab...so I decided to drive myself. I blame the club for charging me so much for those damn drinks...

Thanks for the new sig. Classic!

You guys are fucked up.

I believe strongly that people need to realize there are consequences for bad decisions. Sometimes terrible and life changing consequences.

Sometimes those consequences mean you are vulnerable to being victimized in a violent crime, like rape.

However, a person becoming vulnerable to predators and criminals does not justify the crime committed against them, violent or otherwise.

A young woman does not deserve to be raped simply because she was unable to defend herself against her attackers.

A young woman does not deserve to be raped simply because she was unable to defend herself against her attackers.

Nor does she deserved to be praised and idolized when she made herself vulnerable to the situation.

Nor does she deserved to be praised and idolized when she made herself vulnerable to the situation.

Is that happening? What am I missing here?

Masshole. Nuff said.

Copy. I must have missed that since I prefer to ignore her posts as nuisance comm rather than engage her and make it worse. I was calling out the comments of the adults in the room.

That said, I would expect you to be among those who get my point.

We get it, but we also understand that there's always more to the story than just one person's perspective, even if that person was the victim. You've been on G-series orders before, so should know this as well as anyone.

As Vertigo said, no one is condoning what happened to the girl; but there were contributing factors on her part and there is no need to idolize her for breaking the law herself.

She has my deepest sympathy for what happened, but she has other avenues to address her regress that don't involve violating a court order. Two wrongs don't make a right, as the old saying goes...

As for Masshole, fully understand the need for comms jamming...

Cheers! M2

Egyptians attempt to grasp the concept of "Candid Camera". Some light-hearted hilarity ensues!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzSkoK4sIJ4

If you haven't clicked on the video yet, do so now! Gives amazing insight to just how much these people hate one another and how totally un-fuckable the situation in the entire middle east is. Dude attacks a woman on tv for being "a jew" and another dude attacks a guy on tv, also for nothing more than being "a jew" and they are hailed as "patriots." :M16::gun:

You misunderstand me. I do not idolize her, nor do I praise her. Nothing to do with admiration, just straight respect for the progress she made after the attack. It is not my place to judge her for her irresponsibility, but she went from a victim of inaction to taking a stand for herself. She understands she broke the law and was willing to accept the consequences.I respect her sacrifice. I already acknowledged my views on this matter may be clouded and an argument about the preponderance of self-seeking justice versus court of law is stupid when debated from emotion.

That first one was brutal to watch. I think it's the worst military music video I've ever seen.

I think the Air Force and Navy can stand just a little bit taller today. Of all the WTF moments I've seen on this thread, that was the WTFiest.

Edited by Catbox
  • Upvote 1