WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

20 minutes ago, Guardian said:

Dead link now. Any updates?

Wayback machine had nothing either:

https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://www.klkntv.com/missile-missing-from-sac-aerospace-museum/*

But Google kept a topic sentence or headline....seems it was more a pocket rocket than missile at 10"...and remember not all missiles are created equal. 

golf_tee_82568487-56a3d2943df78cf7727f6b

Screenshot.jpg

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2023/04/03/fatter-recruits-now-welcome-as-air-force-revises-its-rules/

My favorite sentence from this article:  "The old Air Force benchmark fell into the range of “acceptable” fat, according to the organization".  

Anyways, I think its funny that our society is so fat that the Air Force had to lower their standards for entry to service.  

On 4/2/2023 at 8:47 PM, Swizzle said:

Wayback machine had nothing either:

https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://www.klkntv.com/missile-missing-from-sac-aerospace-museum/*

But Google kept a topic sentence or headline....seems it was more a pocket rocket than missile at 10"...and remember not all missiles are created equal. 

golf_tee_82568487-56a3d2943df78cf7727f6b

Screenshot.jpg

A ten inch long missile? Are we sure it wasn’t just BQZip’s mom’s vibrator? 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, uhhello said:

chunk 

chunk-the-goonies.thumb.jpg.161bf94ce3eace415c6c3bde883b2326.jpg

• Like 1

The USAF needs to go back to the good old days and install ash trays in cockpits, allow smoking everywhere, and require smoking for members who need to lose weight.

2 hours ago, JimNtexas said:

The USAF needs to go back to the good old days and install ash trays in cockpits, allow smoking everywhere, and require smoking for members who need to lose weight.

Pop a few Vivarins. 

Smoke a Marlboro red.

Get on a stationary bike.

Ride stationary bike for 10-15 minutes.

Cough a few times.

Pass PT exam with an Excellent.

This was my experience with the old school "bike test".   

Eveyone seemed happier back then Lol.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, charlie141 said:

Man handcuffed, interrogated after DOD and FBI enter wrong hotel room
https://mol.im/a/11943393

WTF are federal agents doing training in a public hotel?  So, in the room next door there was some poor bastard waiting to get interrogated? 

An FBI official told DailyMail.com their agents were assisting in a DOD mock investigation to 'simulate a situation their personnel might encounter in a deployed environment.' 

I know a cover story when I see one.  Whoever wrote that one didn't work very hard.  How many deployed environments look like downtown Boston?  Taken another way: the federal government is practicing invading public lodging and interrogating citizens, presumably without waking the neighbors (which is the only logical reason you'd practice in a place like that, train like you fight).  That's straight up gestapo shit.  In the broader context of how federal agencies have been acting recently, this is concerning.

Edited by FourFans
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, FourFans said:

WTF are federal agents doing training in a public hotel?  So, in the room next door there was some poor bastard waiting to get interrogated?

The American public would be SHOCKED if they knew how much training takes place using civilian assets as "targets."  I spent MANY years shooting Antioch churches, seizing civilian airfields and interdicting semi-trucks all over Florida and Alabama.  Back in the 50s-60s USAF bombers conducted nightly simulated nuke attacks on major American cities all over the country.  I am shocked there have not been more incidents like this.  I recall an incident a few years back at Hurlburt where a sitting WIC Sq Commander was the AC for a local training mission. When they transitioned from the live fire ranges to a dry fire scenario over P-Cola there was confusion and improper checklist completion that ALMOST resulted in a live 105MM being placed into a civilian target in P-Cola, (one switched saved them from an accident that would have taken civilian lives and changed AFSOC forever)...Didn't hurt her career of course, she was promoted shortly thereafter.

29 minutes ago, FourFans said:

How many deployed environments look like downtown Boston? 

Training in an urban environment is 100% legit.  Not every Op is going to be conducted in flat open desert...and for the record, urban canyon is real, it has a HUGE impact on ISR, chain of custody, weapons employment and collateral damage. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, FourFans said:

I know a cover story when I see one.  Whoever wrote that one didn't work very hard.  How many deployed environments look like downtown Boston?  Taken another way: the federal government is practicing invading public lodging and interrogating citizens, presumably without waking the neighbors (which is the only logical reason you'd practice in a place like that, train like you fight).  That's straight up gestapo shit.  In the broader context of how federal agencies have been acting recently, this is concerning.

Deployed doesn't just mean sitting in a tent in the desert.  Come on man.  

4 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

Training in an urban environment is 100% legit.  Not every Op is going to be conducted in flat open desert...and for the record, urban canyon is real, it has a HUGE impact on ISR, chain of custody, weapons employment and collateral damage. 

3 hours ago, uhhello said:

Deployed doesn't just mean sitting in a tent in the desert.  Come on man.  

I'm not imagining 'deployed' as the desert, and I'm well aware that we use civilians on the daily for target practice.  Hell, I've done urban E&E myself.  It's great training, and it's needed.  There's a reason it's not readily disclosed how and where we practice with military skill sets.  Civilians simply wouldn't understand.  However, being on the business end of an ISR lens, bombsight, empty barrel, or HUD is one thing.   Doing practice interrogations in public lodging is something completely different. 

The deployed locations that mirror a major US city where DoD would need these skills are many and varied.  We definitely need to train for that.  That's why we have secure facilities specifically built for the purpose of replicating those environments (with obvious limitations).  There are times when a major US city is the only place to practice employment, tradecraft, etc.  But, practice interrogation should not be happening in a civilian environment for the exact reason that they hit the wrong target and didn't immediately realize it.  That's all kinds of unsat.  Interrogation...as in get information.  If they are brand new to this, it should happen in a controlled environment.  If they aren't new, the instructors should be fired.  It should have taken all of 5 seconds for the instructors to realize they had the wrong dude/wrong room.  Field interrogation is one of the few times we question someone without knowing much about them.  I get this guy probably just sat in a tub while an academic situation was occurring, but that is precisely why this kind of training should never happen in a civilian environment.

FBI training DoD, I get it.  There's nothing wrong there.  But they HAVE to weigh the risks of making a mistake like this though.  It really does make them look like the gestapo, especially in today's social and political environment.  Hitting the wrong target in a person-to-person environment, possibly even disclosing some ways and means, speaks to a serious problem in the system.  Risk vs reward analysis is way off somewhere in that training process.  I sincerely hope this isn't an indicator of the proficiency levels in our federal agencies.

That all assumes this was actually a training event.  I'm not willing to discount that it could have actually been a real event that missed it's target.  "Training event" would be a likely cover story for such a miss.  That's no conspiracy, just a statement of fact.  We can't be immune to the fact that this is precisely how federal agencies interdict bad guys.  All the more need for well planned training.

Either way, I think you're right: that dude's getting paid.

Edited by FourFans
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, FourFans said:

There are times when a major US city is the only place to practice employment, tradecraft, etc.  But, practice interrogation should not be happening in a civilian environment for the exact reason that they hit the wrong target and didn't immediately realize it.  That's all kinds of unsat.  Interrogation...as in get information. 

💯 - It seems the past few years the FBI has been more than willing to overlook or simply forget the Constitution.  45 minutes of interrogation in the shower?!?!?  That agency has run amok!

• Upvote 4

I’ve done several of these major city training ops but every time the hits took place, it was in abandoned buildings or the like. I even got asked if I wanted to play opfor in an abandoned mental hospital out on Long Island at 0200 once. Seeing as how that’s the start of a horror movie, I politely declined. Bill de Blasio also saw me almost get simunitioned and detained on the Staten Island ferry but that’s another story from that trip. 

Also, if you ever get the chance to do the Hudson River tour VFR in your respective jets, be sure to do it. Awesome experience. Getting terrain warnings off the Freedom Tower is pretty wild.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, FourFans said:

Either way, I think you're right: that dude's getting paid.

This!  Dude should get paid.  I'm all for the military/FBI doing needed training, but you simply can't fuck up like this.  I'm with others on here, saying it was a training mission, seems like a cover up.

18 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

💯 - It seems the past few years the FBI has been more than willing to overlook or simply forget the Constitution.  45 minutes of interrogation in the shower?!?!?  That agency has run amok!

Also this!  

6 hours ago, Danger41 said:

Also, if you ever get the chance to do the Hudson River tour VFR in your respective jets, be sure to do it. Awesome experience. Getting terrain warnings off the Freedom Tower is pretty wild.

Unfortunately, if I did that, the people of NYC would probably freak out and think they're being attacked.  Meanwhile, in my city, we fly up the river and around downtown and the people on the sand bars raise their beers and the townspeople thank us and ask for more lol.  Would be a cool flight though!  

Edited by SocialD
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, FourFans said:

JADE HELM much?

I've worked with Federal and local law enforcement agencies since retiring, and they regularly train in commercial facilities. 

I role played as a Second Amendment nut (not a stretch) and hostage taker during a large regional FBI training event a while back.  The exercise controllers were impressed on how well I did talking with their negotiators (a lot of PSYOP on my part) given very little of what I said was scripted.

I was also a "mass shooter" named "Angus McAngus" (I had an impressive red beard at the time) during a municipal multi-agency exercise conducted in a business park in west San Antonio many years ago. 

The SAPD used to use Billy Mitchell Housing on the former Kelly AFB for cadet, PSD, SWAT and EMT tactics training for years (it is owned by the city, and has since been converted to low-budget housing).   With the cadet training, if they forgot to lock their patrol vehicles or even worse, leave the keys in them, the FTOs wanted us to "steal" the cars and hide them.  There's nothing more hilarious than to see the faces of cadets round the corner of a building only to find their vehicle gone!  If they took their keys but still failed to lock them, we'd turn all the lights on, shine the spotlight in their faces, and sing the reggae theme from Cops over the PA.  Sure, it was ugly; but it's better they learn such hard  lessons during training than out in the real world!

The bottom line is such training is very useful as compared to using simulated facilities at local police academies.  Most medium and smaller departments don't even have them; and those that do find the students have memorized the layouts and anticipate what is going to occur.  Changing the location to one they are not familiar with adds a great deal of realism to the training!

• Upvote 2