3 hours ago, Pooter said:

Apologize for any ambiguity. No I don't think you're combat deployable once pregnant.  But that still leaves most of the flying that happens in the Air Force as fair game. 

I'm not sure why you're so intent on splitting hairs over this. Pilots should be flying as much as possible. 4-5 months out of the jet is a hell of a lot better than 9 months out of the jet. The Air Force has a policy that actually makes sense (for once) granting pregnant pilots some flexibility to continue to do their job. And now they've made a uniform so they can do that job comfortably. Both of those things are wins in my book. 

Dude I totally agree that less time out of the jet is good.  No issues with the new policy allowing pregnant members to fly.  My “splitting hairs” is just for accuracies  sake.  

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In a gesture of goodwill, Southwest named a row of seats after her.

Been doing this long enough now to see the slide from something I dreamed of doing all my life to something that is absolutely unbearable at times.  Dad flew for 28 years before me and both of my gran

No dog in the fight.  But the 480FS Wikipedia page has an awesome “Woke era to present write up.” never seen that before must be a new AF Historian.

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I’m thinking this is a stupid move by Nike but you never know anymore in today’s f**ked up world.  

Update from Nike:  “We do not have a relationship with Little Nas X or MSCHF," Nike said in a statement. "Nike did not design or release these shoes and we do not endorse them."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tmz.com/2021/03/27/lil-nas-x-nike-satan-shoes-music-video-montero-music-video-hell/?fbclid=IwAR01w5fDOQoF8xZwTns0eFueFt4phPMcQgYMa2IOzP97zYrnZ-zpIRW3lMY

Edited by Tank

Glad Nike wasn’t involved... not that I’ll ever buy another Nike-branded product again. 
How long before someone gets whacked by someone stealing those shoes?  

On 3/29/2021 at 10:30 PM, HuggyU2 said:

Glad Nike wasn’t involved... not that I’ll ever buy another Nike-branded product again. 
How long before someone gets whacked by someone stealing those shoes?  

Never. Cuz they're gonna be so rare now that they'll be a collector's item that nobody actually wears on their feet.

And if the bible thumpers never got triggered, we'd never even know about this....Irony at its best. 

6 hours ago, booze said:

Never. Cuz they're gonna be so rare now that they'll be a collector's item that nobody actually wears on their feet.

And if the bible thumpers never got triggered, we'd never even know about this....Irony at its best. 

The blood thing needs to be explained (for amusement sake).

1 hour ago, Lord Ratner said:

Wait, do people really think Satan shoes are... Anything? How is that important?

I don't know, people in the USA have been killed for "athletic" shoes, think about the culture that this is sold into.

Most of us aren't "triggered", booze.  Just disappointed and disgusted... and a bit saddened too... with much of this sort of thing. 

If you find it powerful and cool and relevant, so be it.  I guess you're "triggered" in a happy way.  

Edited by HuggyU2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
22 hours ago, lloyd christmas said:

Here’s a good commentary on why it matters.  He brings this Lil Naz X character into the discussion.  

The glorification of crime in poor black communities and the refusal of the media/political class to acknowledge such acts based on a racism narrative has nothing to do with Satan shoes. 

Further, blaming the hedonistic entertainment is misguided. As Walsh points out, it's the lack of a functional family unit, lack of community, lack of education, and lack of role models that causes this. 

If these criminal children are screaming "hail Satan" then maybe I'd give the shoes more attention. But I played a lot of video games where I massacred civilians and listened to "satanic" music, and I never committed a felony as a child.

6 minutes ago, Guardian said:

Because hedonistic entertainment and the lack of a functional family unit have nothing to do with each other?

Yes?  I think the latter causes the former, not the other way around. So, they're related, but not in the manner presented.

And in this case we specifically referring to "gangster" culture, not all forms of hedonism.

42 minutes ago, Guardian said:

Because hedonistic entertainment and the lack of a functional family unit have nothing to do with each other?

I can remember when my mom thought I was going to hell for listening to Marilyn Manson in high school.

Glad we're over the "satanic panic" as a society...🙄

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, pawnman said:

I can remember when my mom thought I was going to hell for listening to Marilyn Manson in high school.

Double checks this statement against poster's location...

Mom was right?

23 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:

Most of us aren't "triggered", booze.  Just disappointed and disgusted... and a bit saddened too... with much of this sort of thing. 

If you find it powerful and cool and relevant, so be it.  I guess you're "triggered" in a happy way.  

Disappointed/disgusted and triggered are different? I don't think so, but that's just like, my opinion, man.

I guess you could call me "triggered," too...but not in a happy way...more of a "who cares about this?" kinda way. 

In a country of 300 million people there are enough things that happen every day you can craft whatever narrative you want with selective attention. 

If you want to pretend white cops killing black people is a super common problem you can find examples of that. If you want to pretend teenage girl tazer carjackings are a big problem you'll find instances of that too. If you want to make the case for widespread cultural rot, I'm sure at any given moment dozens of rappers are doing ill advised publicity stunts.. including but not limited to devil shoes. 

The point is that none of these things are evidence of any type of national trend, and in a country this big, the only thing that should matter to you on the right or left side of the aisle is large scale data. Unfortunately, humans are stupid, emotional creatures so we get moral panic on both sides based on a wide variety of fringe nonsense. 

• Upvote 1
18 hours ago, brickhistory said:

Double checks this statement against poster's location...

Mom was right?

Dyess only seems like hell in summer.  And I managed to escape.

On 4/1/2021 at 12:36 PM, pawnman said:

Holy shit, am I really getting that fucking old?  Marilyn Manson?  Never heard of her...

This was the concert shirt that caused my Mom to think I was heading for hell back in 1979...

Highway to Hell - Wikipedia

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, M2 said:

Holy shit, am I really getting that ing old?  Marilyn Manson?  Never heard of her...

This was the concert shirt that caused my Mom to think I was heading for hell back in 1979...

Highway to Hell - Wikipedia

And I bet the day after that concert you went and carjacked someone because something something loss of morals/cultural decay. 

alternatively.. Matt Walsh just needs something to be outraged about to get views. 

Gov Phil Scott of Vermont says that if you are a person of color of any age you are now eligible to get a COVID vaccine... Based simply on the color of your skin. 

That is racism. We have literally gone back in time and are a segregated society again. But I guess it’s okay because it’s in favor of people with a darker skin complexion. 

We are screwed as a country if we don’t wake up and stop this run away freight train. 

Edited by kaputt
Still can’t type the f word :(
  • Upvote 1
On 4/1/2021 at 11:36 AM, pawnman said:

Your mom had better rock tastes than you give her credit for. Manson sucks!  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, kaputt said:

Gov Phil Scott of Vermont says that if you are a person of color of any age you are now eligible to get a COVID vaccine... Based simply on the color of your skin. 

That is racism. We have literally gone back in time and are a segregated society again. But I guess it’s okay because it’s in favor of people with a darker skin complexion. 

We are screwed as a country if we don’t wake up and stop this run away freight train. 

It couldn't possibly be that people of color have a higher incidence of COVID in the state and that this is a way to reduce the numbers much like other populations...

BIPOC Vermonters are overrepresented among COVID-19 cases in Vermont, making up 6% of the population but 18% of positive cases. Nearly 1 in every 5 COVID-19 cases in Vermont are among BIPOC Vermonters. 

As of October 31, there are 2,024 COVID-19 cases among Vermont residents and 344 (18%) cases among BIPOC Vermonters. * The incidence rate of COVID-19 among BIPOC Vermonters (74.2) is significantly higher than white non-Hispanic Vermonters (26.2). †

BIPOC Vermonters with COVID-19 have significantly higher hospitalization and chronic disease rates, relative to white non Hispanic people with COVID-19.

COVID-19 among BIPOC (healthvermont.gov)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1
29 minutes ago, Breckey said:

It couldn't possibly be that people of color have a higher incidence of COVID in the state and that this is a way to reduce the numbers much like other populations...

COVID-19 among BIPOC (healthvermont.gov)

Are old/obese white people or more or less vulnerable to C19 than young otherwise healthy people of color?  I haven’t been following the science closely, appreciate any data you have.

And since discrimination based on ethnicity is on the table now, what other areas of society is this practice acceptable?

• Upvote 2
Are old/obese white people or more or less vulnerable to C19 than young otherwise healthy people of color?  I haven’t been following the science closely, appreciate any data you have.

And since discrimination based on ethnicity is on the table now, what other areas of society is this practice acceptable?

What’s the Kendi quote, “the only solution for past discrimination is present discrimination, and the only solution for present discrimination is future discrimination”?

So all aspects, I think.
  • Thanks 1