WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

If the government was picking up the tab for the re-work I would agree. However I would think it is safe to assume the private company will have to pay out of pocket to fix their mistake- so they weren't more careful with their money or the taxpayers money.

Just like the original roll-out of healthcare.gov? Last I heard, the contractors wanted more money to fix their mistakes.

Edited by HeloDude

If the government was picking up the tab for the re-work I would agree. However I would think it is safe to assume the private company will have to pay out of pocket to fix their mistake- so they weren't more careful with their money or the taxpayers money.

One would think you'd never seen how this works in the military. Military contracts a weapon system, weapon system has unworkable flaws, contractor offers to fix flaws for an additional fee...lather-rinse-repeat over the life of the system.

• Upvote 1

One would think you'd never seen how this works in the military. Military contracts a weapon system, weapon system has unworkable flaws, contractor offers to fix flaws for an additional fee...lather-rinse-repeat over the life of the system.

I highly doubt road lane striping is a unworkable flaw.

Ah, the Lockheed-Martin business model.

• Upvote 1

I highly doubt road lane striping is a unworkable flaw.

Point...the road is more functional than the F-35. My point is only that with the government spending the money to hire the contractors, the government employees find it much easier and much less hassle to just write another check than to attempt to engage the contractor's lawyers to get the problem fixed for free.

Not in the NSFW category but WTF? Every time Kerry opens his pie-hole a torrent of nuclear strength stupidity spews forth... After reading / watching this I have never had greater doubts about the future of our country if a person of the either extreme ineptitude or unmitigated lying can attain high office...

KERRY: SCRIPTURE COMMANDS USA TO PROTECT MUSLIM COUNTRIES AGAINST GLOBAL WARMING
  • Upvote 1

New AQ Franchise (Al Qaeda in the Indian Subcontinent) Also Sets Sights on US

Following words from al Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri, a spokesperson for the new group said in a video released online this week that one of the its first goals is "waging jihad against America and the system of global disbelief that grew under its sponsorship…"

"This is the system that put upon worshipers of Allah a political system built on non-religious, democratic, secular principles, and weakened the Islamic creed and corrupted Muslim society," the spokesperson says, according to a translation by the SITE Intelligence Group. "And because of this system, apostate, traitor armies were put upon the Islamic lands and the rulers hostile to Islam.

Apparently before America and widespread democracy that allows people to practice the religion of their choosing, everyone was Muslim and they have all turned away since 1776. Clearly we can ignore the fact that there are 1.6B Muslim people, more than ever in history and 8 times as many as before American geopolitical prominence last century. Feeling a lack of attention al-Zawahiri? ISIS envy?

• Upvote 1

New AQ Franchise (Al Qaeda in the Indian Subcontinent) Also Sets Sights on US

Apparently before America and widespread democracy that allows people to practice the religion of their choosing, everyone was Muslim and they have all turned away since 1776. Clearly we can ignore the fact that there are 1.6B Muslim people, more than ever in history and 8 times as many as before American geopolitical prominence last century. Feeling a lack of attention al-Zawahiri? ISIS envy?

More like we meddled in Middle East affairs. This was OBL's complaint during the first gulf war when the Saudi's rejected his offer to bring islamic fighters to fight Saddam and instead brought in the coalition forces. We have been attempting to instil secular governments and non-sharia systems in the Middle East either directly through military occupation or indirectly by supporting people like Assad and Mubarak.

http://www.airforcetimes.com/article/20140904/NEWS05/309040066/Group-Airman-denied-reenlistment-refusing-say-help-me-God-

An atheist airman at Creech Air Force Base in Nevada was denied reenlistment last month for refusing to take an oath containing “so help me God,” the American Humanist Association said Thursday.

And in a Sept. 2 letter to the inspectors general for the Air Force and Creech, Monica Miller, an attorney with the AHA’s Apignani Humanist Legal Center, said the airman should be allowed to reenlist without having to swear to a deity, and instead given a secular oath. Miller said the AHA is prepared to sue if the airman is not allowed to reenlist...

Was curious about this one, so googled up the reg and the US code it references: the US code requires the "So help me God" phrase. AF was apparently wrong to permit omission of the phrase in the reg, so they released a reg change to fix that glitch. Until congress changes the US code, the oath shall contain the phrase. So if you're re-enlisting, you gotta sign and say it.

• Upvote 1

Was curious about this one, so googled up the reg and the US code it references: the US code requires the "So help me God" phrase. AF was apparently wrong to permit omission of the phrase in the reg, so they released a reg change to fix that glitch. Until congress changes the US code, the oath shall contain the phrase. So if you're re-enlisting, you gotta sign and say it.

God forbid we do something smart like exercise some common sense and a little decency to let people believe or non-believe as they see fit.

I understand this, but the Officer administering the oath should have exercised sound tactical judgement and heard "So help me God", whether the reenlistees said it or not. If he didn't immediately see the blatant unconstitutionality at play here and recognize the enormous black eye this is going to inflict on the Air Force then he isn't fit to wear his rank on his shoulders. We were taught at OTS that officer's may use their moral authority to deviate from the rules when it makes sense, this is one of those times.

• Upvote 2

I understand this, but the Officer administering the oath should have exercised sound tactical judgement and heard "So help me God", whether the reenlistees said it or not. If he didn't immediately see the blatant unconstitutionality at play here and recognize the enormous black eye this is going to inflict on the Air Force then he isn't fit to wear his rank on his shoulders. We were taught at OTS that officer's may use their moral authority to deviate from the rules when it makes sense, this is one of those times.

That's not what happened. Re-enlistee scratched thru the phrase on his enlistment form. FSS wouldn't accept the form with the phrase scratched out, since the duly enacted law of the land says he's gotta have the phrase on the form and say it in the oath.

The AF recognized the AF was in the wrong to permit deviations in the oath and fixed it with a reg change. Obeying the reg is complying with US code. Nothing unethical or immoral about that.

Like it was said a couple of posts up: the beef should be with US code, not the AF.

And...if the kid valued serving more than making a public political statement, he'd not have defaced his enlistment paperwork and mumbled the phrase in the ceremony "so hand me grog" or similar.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1