WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

But the Pentagon allows troops to march in non-military gay pride parades while in uniform. I guess it all depends on the cause...ALS is not progressive enough of a cause I suppose.

Is a gay pride parade supporting a position or a specific company? It's a fuzzy line for sure, but there is a distinction.

I'm pretty sure I didn't get the exact joke/flavor of sarcasm--my bad, it's Friday, and I'm tired.

My point was that if he is going to quote restrictions out of the FAR, then he should quote the one that applies to helicopters, not to fixed wing aircraft (which has nothing to do with the AF). But you're right, I wouldn't talk to either of them, that's what PA gets paid to do.

No worries - I was quoting the angry citizen about why he couldn't voice his concerns to the military. Bad comedy on my part - if you have to explain the joke...

• Upvote 1

Couple of years back, We had to take an irrate "citizen" and a State Representitive on a 3-Ship airdrop training mission to show the irrate citizen that we weren't targeting his house when we flew over it. We kissed his ass and put on a great dog and pony show for him. After the flight he thanked us for our service, told us he was impressed with our skills and two months later he started complaining again!

DB's

Not helping the argument since these lines were put down by a private contractor...

Definitely helps the argument as the people who pay for/oversee the work fall under control of the government. When government is in charge there is less incentive to ensure things are done correctly vs when financed privately. Business owners and shareholders are much more careful with their money than the government is with theirs (or should I say, with ours).

Definitely helps the argument as the people who pay for/oversee the work fall under control of the government. When government is in charge there is less incentive to ensure things are done correctly vs when financed privately. Business owners and shareholders are much more careful with their money than the government is with theirs (or should I say, with ours).

If the government was picking up the tab for the re-work I would agree. However I would think it is safe to assume the private company will have to pay out of pocket to fix their mistake- so they weren't more careful with their money or the taxpayers money.