WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

I could not find a single shred of evidence in that report. Hopefully they are leaving something (a lot) out.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

This is an appellate review. Facts and evidence don't really get reviewed during an appeal. Errors get reviewed. The trial record and transcript would have the evidence, not the appeal.

This is an appellate review. Facts and evidence don't really get reviewed during an appeal. Errors get reviewed. The trial record and transcript would have the evidence, not the appeal.

Ah, well that's at least a bit reassuring. Thanks for the info.

I went to see Grandma and she asked me to pick up the mail...

8YpUODP.png

Posting a picture from The Onion and saying it's your Grandma's mail is not a WTF, it's just creepy and weird.

Edited by Spoo
  • Upvote 1

WTF is up with this chick?!?

hes-got-the-remote-to-her-vibrat.gif

Looks like maybe she has a remote controlled "device" installed and dude activated it for her.

ETA: Just clicked on the gif and the title is "hes-got-the-remote-to-her-vibrat.gif"

Edited by HerkFE

Didn't see it, don't know anything about NASCAR or sprint car racing (nor Tony Stewart)....

...but why was that dumbass running around on the track?? Not saying he "deserved" it, but he sure as hell set himself up for it....

Sprint cars have a much larger right side tire than left side tire. When you jump in the gas it plants that tire in and bites hard and brings the car up the track. They also don't have a clutch just a t-handle that connects a cable directly to the rear end. So it's not easy to break momentum once you've planted the full 850 HP in to the track.

All that to say that he may have just tried to throw some dirt up on the kid or he tried to jump in the gas and get away whenever dude came running down the track at him. When he jumped in the gas it planted that tire and sent him up the track, like a Sprint car does every time it comes off the corner. Stupid on both parties, especially since the initial incident was more of that kid running himself around the outside in to the fence. It was Stewart's position to hold. But he's a major sports star, there's no reason to get in tiffs with local racers. "IF" he saw the kid, he needed to get far away and just let the situation handle itself.

Didn't see it, don't know anything about NASCAR or sprint car racing (nor Tony Stewart)....

...but why was that dumbass running around on the track?? Not saying he "deserved" it, but he sure as hell set himself up for it....

I don't know anything about NASCAR or sprint car racing either, but Tony Stewart drives cars for a living. Apparently, he's pretty good at it too. He could have easily missed this dude. This was completely preventable and a senseless loss of life. I'm sure he didn't intend to hit him, but he certainly intended to intimidate him by revving the engine. In this action, he hit and killed this kid. In my opinion, it's no different than pointing a gun at someone (in anger) and it accidentally goes off and kills them.

This should be Manslaughter, minimum... He likely won't be brought up on criminal charges but I'm sure the civil suit from this kid's family that is sure to follow will change Tony Stewart's millionaire status. What a douche...

This should be Manslaughter, minimum... He likely won't be brought up on criminal charges but I'm sure the civil suit from this kid's family that is sure to follow will change Tony Stewart's millionaire status. What a douche...

I'd have to disagree after watching the video. I know nothing about racing or Tony Stewart, but the kid was in black on a horribly lit track with dirt flying around. I'm not trying to absolve him (Stewart) of any responsibility, but I think the degraded vis makes it at the very least plausible that he didn't see the kid at all. Maybe he saw the car stopped and not the kid running around, or maybe he did see him and is totally responsible. I just think comparing it to a legit manslaughter scenario like a gun going off is a stretch at best.

If this was some random accident by someone that isn't a quick tempered asshole like Tony Stewart, then this would't be news. However Tony is an asshole, the track was under a yellow flag during the time the kid was hit due to the wreck, and I find it ironic that the guy who caused the kid to wreck is the same guy who happened to hit (and kill) him.

Manslaughter charges, it'll be settled out of court cause he's famous.

If this was some random accident by someone that isn't a quick tempered asshole like Tony Stewart, then this would't be news. However Tony is an asshole, the track was under a yellow flag during the time the kid was hit due to the wreck, and I find it ironic that the guy who caused the kid to wreck is the same guy who happened to hit (and kill) him.

Manslaughter charges, it'll be settled out of court cause he's famous.

I do not care for Tony Stewart, but a significant contributing factor is that the deceased got out and played chicken with race cars on a race track. Yellow flag or not.