Leadership at the 'Deid

Toro

Well, sorry guys... we ruined a way to game the system... guess the wg/cc recognized a few familiar faces a few fridays ago (basically my entire squadron) and now we can't do right start and right finish on the same day. So much for checking the boxes BEFORE picking up ATO sorties.

• 4 weeks later...

they must have abundant tent space, or are trying to free up trailer space. Seems the new punishment for infractions is moving you to the tent. So far I've heard it's the punishment for alcohol violations (among other punishments for that) and having pee bottles in your room. We'll see how that works.

they must have abundant tent space, or are trying to free up trailer space. Seems the new punishment for infractions is moving you to the tent. So far I've heard it's the punishment for alcohol violations (among other punishments for that) and having pee bottles in your room. We'll see how that works.

That's why you go and empty out the pee bottle the minute you're done with it. It also helps the weeds grow around the trailers.

Well, sorry guys... we ruined a way to game the system... guess the wg/cc recognized a few familiar faces a few fridays ago (basically my entire squadron) and now we can't do right start and right finish on the same day. So much for checking the boxes BEFORE picking up ATO sorties.

Q3 for bad technique. You don't take the whole squadron there at the same time. You should have gradually interspersed them throughout the deployment.

That's why you go and empty out the pee bottle the minute you're done with it. It also helps the weeds grow around the trailers.

Or just use them for a spitter first, then top them off. The dip turns the whole solution dark brown, and I doubt anyone's going to want to do a sniff check to verify the contents.

Q3 for bad technique. You don't take the whole squadron there at the same time. You should have gradually interspersed them throughout the deployment.

Q2 at worst. The opportunity to openly flaunt a retarded policy presented itself, and we took it. Next up we're going to get an ATO sortie or two canceled because guys won't have crew rest to get RS/RF done and still be able to fly. There is NOTHING that can't be accomplished by a CBT on the AUAB homepage. I understand that the commander is required to provide that brief to us, but I doubt it has to be a 2.5 hour affair. Make a PPT, have everyone do it, have them print the last slide and turn it into their sq shirt, who reports to the command chief regarding percentage of people who have accomplished RS/RF.

Q2 at worst. The opportunity to openly flaunt a retarded policy presented itself, and we took it.

Hey, no, it's cool, just go ahead and screw over everyone who comes after you. The important thing here is that you were taken care of.

• Upvote 1

Guest Crew Report

Hey, no, it's cool, just go ahead and screw over everyone who comes after you. The important thing here is that you were taken care of.

Copilot....

I'm headed to the old "poo flavored smellbox" in a couple weeks. How are they enforcing the pee bottles? Are they inspecting your rooms now?

I need to know, because... ya know... I pee in bottles. :nob:

I'm headed to the old "poo flavored smellbox" in a couple weeks. How are they enforcing the pee bottles? Are they inspecting your rooms now?

I need to know, because... ya know... I pee in bottles. :nob:

Feel free to scroll up and read a few of the posts on this page. It'll probably answer your questions... especially when it comes to pee bottles.

Feel free to scroll up and read a few of the posts on this page. It'll probably answer your questions... especially when it comes to pee bottles.

Sorry, buried in that poor attempt at humor was a question about random inspections. I know they are supposed to do them, but at least in my squadron they have been done only when leaving. Just checking to see if that had changed.

Assuming you have a cool squadron you have nothing to worry about. It would be your first shirt doing any kind of inspections...don't think there is any wing program. 95% of dudes pee in bottles here so you have nothing to worry about.

Subject change...just watched a 1-star bow his head and say Salami Lickem to the Qatari clerk at customs, followed by a female captain who CURTSIED as she handed in her ID. :vomit:

You think the Qatari generals bow to our shoe clerk customs agents?

It was cool to see the HNCC actually look up from their book though when the general was in the room.

Edited by Herkguy

Not Deid related but in the same vein. This is from an article about Gen Lichte retiring.

http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2009/11/airforce_lichte_112109w/

Q. Do any of the visitors stand out in your memory?

A. King Hussein of Jordan was a very impressive person.

First of all, I thought I’d never be greeting a king. But the king was also a pilot, so he would sometimes fly his own airplane in. He would come off that airplane and not only would he greet me at the bottom of the steps, but he would greet the marshallers who marshaled the plane in, he would shake hands with some of the people doing the luggage.

The one story that I told was that it was pouring rain and part of the ritual was that we’d stand there and salute as the head of state would depart. King Hussein rolled down the [cockpit] window and said “General, please don’t stand in the rain for me.”

I said, “Your majesty, I would stand here all day for you.”

Awesome. :flag_waving: :flag_waving: :flag_waving:

On a side note, what kind of bottles should I pee into? I used to use the gatoraid bottles due to the larger mouth, but I might try to see how many ripits I can fill in one standing. :beer::drinking:

Edited by PasserOGas

Not Deid related but in the same vein. This is from an article about Gen Lichte retiring.

http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2009/11/airforce_lichte_112109w/

Q. Do any of the visitors stand out in your memory?

A. King Hussein of Jordan was a very impressive person.

First of all, I thought I’d never be greeting a king. But the king was also a pilot, so he would sometimes fly his own airplane in. He would come off that airplane and not only would he greet me at the bottom of the steps, but he would greet the marshallers who marshaled the plane in, he would shake hands with some of the people doing the luggage.

The one story that I told was that it was pouring rain and part of the ritual was that we’d stand there and salute as the head of state would depart. King Hussein rolled down the [cockpit] window and said “General, please don’t stand in the rain for me.”

I said, “Your majesty, I would stand here all day for you.”

Awesome. :flag_waving: :flag_waving: :flag_waving:

On a side note, what kind of bottles should I pee into? I used to use the gatoraid bottles due to the larger mouth, but I might try to see how many ripits I can fill in one standing. :beer::drinking:

I empty the 12 packs of water all at once so I always have a bottle handy...no gatorade here yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! I can't believe this thread is being neglected when we are so close to 100 pages.

I just heard a rumor that they closed the MUFF. True or False?

If true, where are the O-6's drinking now?

Even Better, the DEL/building next to the bra where you buy your beverages is being RENOVATED/UPGRADED while "TRANSIENT" (Flying combat basic which is dumb for 69 reasons) still stay in the OLD leaking tents next to the correctional custody (coalition compound?) roadways. Your tax dollars at work. Keeping the skies safer. Heck, IFM doesn't even plan gas for weather/runway realities there, so why get a good night's sleep, especially in the middle of the day...

I don't mean to kick anyone out of the trailers (as happened at Ali back in the day). But really, it's many years since the place opened. It's NOT like it's forward.

Edited by moosepileit

True about the Muff, at least when we passed through in late March. Place was totally deserted, with the normal fence entrance locked up. We couldn't find any way in, and the bus driver said the place had closed down. According to him, the Aussies have opened up another place, but he didn't have any info.

Can anyone further substantiate the rumor that the ANG tankers/crews will be moving out of OTBH at the end of this fiscal year, due to the ongoing cat fight over mandatory 60 day rotations of aircrew?

I've heard Oman is a likely new location.

Edited by Bergman

My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We're bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We're coming in from the north, below their radar.

Here's the Canadian portion...

canadianddaybw.jpg

When will you be back?

I can't tell you that. It's classified. But I understand that if you have trouble hitting your objective, your secondary targets are an accordion factory and a mime school.

I can't tell you that. It's classified. But I understand that if you have trouble hitting your objective, your secondary targets are an accordion factory and a mime school.

Can you bomb the "desert diamonds" meeting too? I would but all I have is this floppy hose on the back of my plane...

Edited by PasserOGas
  • Upvote 1