Leadership at the 'Deid

Toro

slacker, I thought he was talking more generally about Obama's Ramadan message and by calling him "great leader," it was an obvious reference. I got the vibe of "Obama is pandering to Muslims..." so it was an easy kill to actually post the Rosh Hashanah video.

If the reference was only to the policy memo at the Deid then I stand corrected, but I don't think it was; feel free to correct pitt.

Anwyays, back to your regularly scheduled Deid bashing and I'll un-twist my panties...

So even after the "Throw your Eastern European Allies Under the Bus Day" (TEEAUBD) you still defend this guy? Cool...take real bravery

So even after the "Throw your Eastern European Allies Under the Bus Day" (TEEAUBD) you still defend this guy? Cool...take real bravery

What the heck does this have to do with the Dumbness at the Died. Back to griping about sunglasses on your head or wearing the gay-belt while walking 100 feet to take a piss.

Today is "International Talk Like a Pirate Day" and I haven't seen a message for that yet.

That explains a lot. Dudes were making position reports all up and down the Boulevard through Pakistan today in their best pirate voices. There seemed to be a whole fleet of pirate call signs out there as well. I thought the funniest part was when they would get toned multiple times as they were finishing their calls. I guess not everyone thinks pirate talk is cool.

BTW, what's the background behind this?

Edited by LockheedFix

Guy is in our squadron. He's waiting for batteries for his LED-scrolling belt buckle.

Haven't been on the boards in quite some time after a busy summer, but after coming back to this "great" place and seeing that, I knew I needed to get back on.

In addition to the PT gear saluting, I heard keeping shirts tucked in while working out is back on the table as well. I can't wait until they start giving out the patches for doing well on your new PT test so I can work out in a tucked in shirt with a "look at me" patch on.

• 2 weeks later...

latest fun at BAF:

"Combat O (Combat Orientation - BAF's version of Right Start) is mandatory for all new arrivals, who will be remaining at Bagram. A Physical Fitness Assessment will be conducted at Combat O. Members must report in Physical Training Uniform (PTU) - no weapon, backpacks, IBA gear, or food allowed. This assessment is not an official physical fitness test, but will be recorded locally as part of the Commander's fitness program aimed at ensuring all Airmen are healthy and fit for the rigors of combat."

Edited by stract

latest fun at BAF:

"Combat O (Combat Orientation - BAF's version of Right Start) is mandatory for all new arrivals, who will be remaining at Bagram. A Physical Fitness Assessment will be conducted at Combat O. Members must report in Physical Training Uniform (PTU) - no weapon, backpacks, IBA gear, or food allowed. This assessment is not an official physical fitness test, but will be recorded locally as part of the Commander's fitness program aimed at ensuring all Airmen are healthy and fit for the rigors of combat."

Really? I leave on the 30th of Oct for BAF. So I show up in the combat zone and do a fit test? I think I will fail on purpose.

Really? I leave on the 30th of Oct for BAF. So I show up in the combat zone and do a fit test? I think I will fail on purpose.

I vote you stop in the middle of the run, light up a cigarette then continue.

latest fun at BAF:

PT tests in a combat zone. IEDs go off within shouting distance of the base. They get rocket attacks on a regular basis.

I surrender, guys. The AF has gone off the deep end for good. Good luck to the rest of you sticking around.

Guest fourtenwedge

Everytime they do a "fitness assessment" I fail out of spite. Just another place to do it. I get to do it on Friday!

Thank God those of us living on the SOF compound do not have to play these silly ass games.

The big blue chiefs at BAF already hate it that they don't have any control over our guys--bragging about it isn't going to help our cause. Besides, thanks to some of the camp commandants and career driven shirts, "SOF compound" guys still have to put up with crap.

Guest Hueypilot812

...ensuring all Airmen are healthy and fit for the rigors of combat.

Kinda late if you're already IN the combat zone. That's why the "Fit to Fight" scores are put in a deployer's mobility folder. Sounds like more useless queepy BS designed to give an O-6 some more OPR fodder. And if it doesn't count, WGAF? What's the point other than saying "you're not fit for the rigors of combat". Good, then send my a$$ home.

saluting in PT gear is finally here: :salut::gun:

4.1.7.3. Personnel wearing the PTU will salute officers in uniform or officers they recognize. When actively participating in a physical training activity that does not allow free movement of the right arm, saluting is not required.

4.1.7.3. Personnel wearing the PTU will salute officers in uniform or officers they recognize. When actively participating in a physical training activity that does not allow free movement of the right arm, saluting is not required.

Read: Lifting weights, no salute. Running outdoors, render a salute. Ugh... I can just see it now...

Of course, next everyone will have to bedazzle their pt uniforms with sufficient rank to be recognized.

I'm going to continue to NOT do that...although I look forward, with great joy and eagerness, to the day an LT tries to REMF me for not saluting!

Of course, next everyone will have to bedazzle their pt uniforms with sufficient rank to be recognized.

"2" it's only a matter of time before some DB comes up with that idea....

I can hear the thought now...."it would be so much easier for people to recognize who they are supposed to salute if we make rank mandatory on PT gear...." :banghead::banghead::bash:

Edited by oneagleswings