Leadership at the 'Deid

Toro

here ya go

That is seriously the funniest thing I've seen in quite some time. Make sure you keep 3 of them pre-filled out in a ziploc bag along with your ID and 69 copies of your orders in your right pocket.

Good news...a quick search of Urban Dictionary reveals...

1. rule 2

If a rule restricts something that has no conceivable point, it will be broken.

Kid: -stuffing tissues into mouth-

Teacher: That's not allowed

Kid: Sorry, rule 2, lady.

So for all Died folks...an example:

First Sgt/other random dude: "HEY CAPT! Why are you not wearing your reflective belt!" (or, why are your socks not high enough/mustache is outta regs....etc...)

You: "Shirt, noted, rule 2."

Then just walk away and watch them try to figure out what rule 2 is.

• 4 weeks later...
From the archives:

An early wear test of the reflective belt (circa 1978)

th_12318_usaf_122_425lo.jpg

Feel free to caption this pic :rock:

I like that better than the ABU...

From the archives:

An early wear test of the reflective belt (circa 1978)

th_12318_usaf_122_425lo.jpg

Feel free to caption this pic :rock:

I'm pretty sure that's M2 on the left.

We wore these uniforms when I joined in '87 and they were great. Very comfortable, you could alter the shirt to make it a short sleeve shirt, wear it untucked in the summer.

I'm actually gonna say something nice on here about the Deed:

There are a few cool things about the place.

1) there are a TON of people there and you meet some decent folks and you are bound to bump into someone you had worked with in the past or had a school with.

2) everyone for the most part HATES the stupid rules and the way they treat you like children; which in the end builds teamwork--comraderie.

3) slackers are the minority. you're there for a long stint, working long hours and you pretty much have to pull your weight. you avoid all those "child care" issues causing your section to lose manpower. nothing to hurry home to either.

All in all it is a pretty decent assignment if you look for the positives. You know what your doing and how long you're gonna do it. It is refreshing to roll onto a base with an established way of "getting the msn" done, do your part and know that a replacement is at some point going to fill your slot. Sure it sucks to live in PT gear and have to constantly watch over your shoulder for people wanting to correct for any and everything. But damn, that place is so big that it is almost like BMT or Tech School. Meaning that if you aren't a squeaky wheel and just pull your weight you can pretty much fly under the radar.

All that being said, I am speaking from the standpoint of having gone there and did 180days in the 8EAMS out of a real small LRS and then rolled back into the same small LRS. Yeah I don't have to wear PT gear at home, get to live with the family and all that......but if you gotta go or want to go I'd give the Deed a recommendation. And yes, I have been other places. Got 1100 days under my belt from 6plus years in the old AMOG/TALCE.

Edited by Yoda

I'm pretty sure that's M2 on the left.

We wore these uniforms when I joined in '87 and they were great. Very comfortable, you could alter the shirt to make it a short sleeve shirt, wear it untucked in the summer.

Nope, that's me on the right. I've always looked young for my age (still do); and even way back then, I was kicking ass and taking names! :rock:

Cheers! M2

I'm actually gonna say something nice on here about the Deed:

There are a few cool things about the place.

1) there are a TON of people there and you meet some decent folks and you are bound to bump into someone you had worked with in the past or had a school with.

2) everyone for the most part HATES the stupid rules and the way they treat you like children; which in the end builds teamwork--camaraderie.

3) slackers are the minority. you're there for a long stint, working long hours and you pretty much have to pull your weight. you avoid all those "child care" issues causing your section to lose manpower. nothing to hurry home to either.

I'm actually gonna say you are a dumbass:

There is nothing cool about this place.

1. There are not a TON of people there are people there that weigh a TON.

2. Yes there are, and no it doesn't.

3. The only people that pull their weight are the ones that weigh a TON pulling their weight to the DFAC. I have plenty to hurry home to.

Guest Bender

Damn, I din't get but half way through that article before I had to stop...

Clearly, my driving permit should be revoked.

God made an autopilot for Lacey Heart...but that doesn't mean Puma Sweade can't use it here and there.

Seriously.

BENDY