Leadership at the 'Deid

Toro

Originally posted by dayswhore@ang.com:

Medical folks have always done thier own thing and seem to be largely immune to the stupidity the rest of the af has to contend with.

Tell that to the med group CC at the Deid who had O-6 plates on his bicycle and a bike helmet complete with desert camo cover and colonel rank.

HD

Guest dayswhore@ang.com

TOUCHE'

Nicely done herk. I haven't done the Died, AfGhanny has been my drink of choice.

Let me clarify. When in an REAL combat zone, IRAQ OR AFGHANISTAN, most people suspend shoeness. At the Died, it's 24/7, apparently, or so the story goes.

I kneel humbly and chagrined.

DW OUT!

Originally posted by dayswhore@ang.com:

Let me clarify. When in an REAL combat zone, IRAQ OR AFGHANISTAN, most people suspend shoeness. At the Died, it's 24/7, apparently, or so the story goes.

Not exactly correct.

It depends on when and where. ORBI and ORBD used to be much better. But they're pretty close to the Deid these days. Same as OAIX. They're still a little better, but not by much. Once the shoeclerks show up in force at a base (inside the box or not) it's over.

HD

Originally posted by Toro:

[QB]Somebody sent this to me, thought it was pretty funny.

339q9t2.jpg

Heres one for you toro your posts inspired me... and now.. ANOTHER GREAT MOMENT IN REFLECTIVE BELT HISTORY!!!

chappy.jpg

[ 27. November 2006, 12:52: Message edited by: Bishop ]

The new Wing King's policy letters are out at Vance...here's my favorite:

"You must wear reflective belts (or something similar) at night on and off the flightline."

Great, so since I live on base, apparently I need to put on a reflective belt to take my dog out.

Originally posted by brabus:

"You must wear reflective belts (or something similar) at night on and off the flightline."

Great, so since I live on base, apparently I need to put on a reflective belt to take my dog out.

Must be a former Ramstein CC. They do that shit over there.

Does it specifically say off-duty as well? If not, read that to mean, at night, on and off the flightline, while on duty.

So, if its at night and you are walking from your car to the BX (in uniform), you must have your belt on! Way to geek up the AF a little more, sir!

During a recent ORI, our SQ/DO (fast burner looking for a promotion) instructed us to don our disco belts while in the office, DURING the day. I think I actually witnessed a few of the inspectors snikering at us. Needless to say that we all felt like complete tools.

[ 28. November 2006, 12:24: Message edited by: C21Cowboy ]

Originally posted by brabus:

It was that way at Keesler before Katrina. A Group CC almost ran someone over who wasn't wearing a belt, so everyone living on base had to wear a reflective belt when they went out at night.

Guest Rainman A-10
Originally posted by C21Cowboy:

During a recent ORI, our SQ/DO (fast burner looking for a promotion) instructed us to don our disco belts while in the office, DURING the day.

That made me laugh out loud.

I sit here trying to think what in the world must be going through a person's cranium right before they tell their folks to do something like this. It must be panic, fear or both.

Originally posted by Rainman A-10:

It must be panic, fear or both.

Both.

Fear the brass will see past his window dressing bullshit and see that he's a fraud.

Panic that he won't be able to get his people in line while the brass is watching him.

If I were in charge of this guy and saw this, I would remove him on the spot. Stupid shit like this should tell you something about the person.

HD

it does my heart good to know I only have to deal with the madness for 3 more years... Im seeing more and more good people bail via the FSB or VSP.. At least the shoe clerks havent got me yet.

Although I did have a shirt yell at me once for not having a spotter when I backed the truck up. I said GREAT thank goodness you came along, you are now my spotter. What could he say at that point? No?

Guest raf eng

just to add another twist to the "reflective belt" saga

myself and 5 other brit aircrew walk into incilik from the strip at 4am local time. the yank guard runs up to us with a dog in tow and she screams at us "wot the **** r u doing i'm gonna have all u're ass's" at which point we flash our ID's and stumble on by this point she shrinks back into her cage trying to aplogise as the alsatian nips at her ankle pissed of at being dragged from it's bed

the morale of this story

you can take 2 paths

either

"america **** yeah world police"

or

lighten up and have a drink and face it rationly

So I just spent some time in the 'Died, and I never once wore a reflective thing. This was a personal battle, and one that was won. The entire crew made it safely through with no belts. Ok, now for the whole truth. There are no reflective belt police on the flight line. I guess none of them have access. But we still all made it safely. Yes, we merely walked off one airplane and onto the next. But still, WE WON! Less than two hours total time, but no BELT!!

Originally posted by HerkDerka:

Next time, try wearing cargo pants and a knit shirt. Five buck says no one messes with you if you look like a contractor.

HD

That's the ticket!

Cheers! M2 (now a contractor)