Ordering Patches (name, morale, fun meter)

GW

22 hours ago, WillFlyForCoffee said:

Does anyone have any pictures of leather name tags from say, Rama World, Nametags4u, etc? In my opinion, I havent seen one that comes close to what Mardon used to make. Much appreciated!

Thomas Nametags from Colorado Springs made my last A-2 nametag. I was very impressed.

Thomas A-2.jpg

Edited by Breckey
Added photo

I'll maybe reach out to them this week (Mach 1) to see if they have any pics to share of their tags to see the quality. Thanks for all the responses so far; there are a lot of companies that are making A-2 nametags but I'm trying to source photos from you guys to help myself and others to make the best decision on where our Squadron is going to buy them from now on. Any help is greatly appreciated! Happy St. Patty's Day!

• 6 months later...

I like my tipsy gypsy a2 name tags. Will get the occasional funny look by others, but I don't care.

ETA: I had them add a black border around my nametag. It's one piece of leather, not brown stacked on black leather like the "standard".

They also don't put it on Velcro... So I've hand sewn Velcro onto mine since I didn't want to chance it at a shop

• 7 months later...

OK, Reaper Patches had some nice COVID-19 patches, but five weeks after I put in order in for a couple of them I haven't heard a thing.  Their website says they are having delays due to coronavirus, but this is ridiculous.  If they weren't able to fulfill orders in a decent timeframe, then they shouldn't have taken them.  I just sent them an email to cancel mine, and if they don't reply by the end of the weekend, I will begin a PayPal dispute for failure to deliver goods.  Anyone else have problems with them?

8 hours ago, M2 said:

OK, Reaper Patches had some nice COVID-19 patches, but five weeks after I put in order in for a couple of them I haven't heard a thing.  Their website says they are having delays due to coronavirus, but this is ridiculous.  If they weren't able to fulfill orders in a decent timeframe, then they shouldn't have taken them.  I just sent them an email to cancel mine, and if they don't reply by the end of the weekend, I will begin a PayPal dispute for failure to deliver goods.  Anyone else have problems with them?

I had the same with Reaper just prior to COVID hitting full force. I ordered patches in Jan and it took over a month for them to show up. I emailed them and got no replies, nor did I get any updates for the order shipping when it finally did. I was a couple days from just calling the credit card and charging back the order when they just showed up in the mail. 

They came through in the end and the patches were fine, but the timeline and communication sucked. 

Edited by FDNYOldGuy
Added their name in my reply
  • Upvote 1

• 5 months later...
On 3/17/2019 at 2:55 PM, magnetfreezer said:

Got mine from http://www.wings-and-things.com/, decent job

I'm looking to upgrade to one of the embossed nametags and was wondering if you have any pictures? I saw how the embossed looked on the Navy jackets and was much more impressed than the foil pressed versions that are ubiquitous in the AF. Also the embossed MAJCOM patches look way better than the embroidered ones.

af-eu.png

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

There are few quality chenille patch provider in U.S, however, we got a small order from https://www.patchesmania.com/ , they are really though some patches pressed in box during shipping but overall they are great.