Two pilots dead in T-38C crash at Columbus AFB

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone here is at Columbus, please PM me with what squadron they were in. One of my oldest friends is in the 43rd.

Thanks.

Everyone can disregard my previous post. My friend was on that jet.

I can only hope that none of you out there reading this have to go through losing a friend in a crash.

KEEP IN TOUCH WITH YOUR CLASSMATES AND FELLOW FLIERS! You'll never know when you might lose them.

Guest momann

I can only hope that none of you out there reading this have to go through losing a friend in a crash.

KEEP IN TOUCH WITH YOUR CLASSMATES AND FELLOW FLIERS! You'll never know when you might lose them.

My deepest condolences, afnav and to your friends family.

Guest AFlyer55

My bro just tracked 38's from there yesterday, what a way to begin, Godspeed to all.

Their first day in the 50th and the place is quieter than a church service. What a first impression. The looks on their faces said it all.

I had the pleasure of flying with the IP on several occasions when I was with the 50th. He was my mentor and a friend. He will be missed. God bless the families of both involved and Godspeed brothers.

:beer::flag_waving: RIP!

Edited by aviator77

I can't even imagine showing up to work and not having two bros from my squadron. That's a feeling I hope I never have to experience.

My whole family is keeping those involved in their prayers. If anyone finds any details about a relief fund or any other ways we can help their families, please post it.

"2"

Been through it four times, in the other branch. Hope it never happens again... it's a bad, bad feeling.

:salut::flag_waving:

Guest AndThenSome
-38s are flown in the 49th and 50th squadrons.

Yes, 38s are flown in those two squadrons, but the 43rd that afnav spoke of is the Reserve squadron that supplements IPs. Lots of extremely experienced, worldly, high-time, and all around great IPs in the 43rd.

Regardless, this is a very sad time and they will both be missed. Rest in Peace, gentlemen, and Godspeed. :salut::flag_waving::beer:

I flew with the IP quite a few times when I was in the 50th - one of the best bros and nicest guys in the squadron. The irony...I was on an out-and-back with him and we got stuck at Eglin when the two T-38s from Columbus went down last January. Delayed for a few hours without words, he told me, "All we can do at a time like this is say a prayer for our bros and hope they made it out safe." I remembered that and yesterday found myself thinking the same thing. Unfortunately, our prayers could not save them, but we will always remember them for what they thought us all...

RIP :beer:

Anybody interested in going to the service for Blair Faulkner, here's the specifics:

PLACE

Highland Baptist Church

219 Simpson

Florence, AL

LUNCH

Monday 28 April 2008 1100 CDT

SERVICES

Monday 28 April 2008 1300 hrs. CDT

If you knew Blair and are not local but are CONUS and cannot afford the airline ticket and want to go, drop me a PM, you can use one of my buddy passes.

Two in just over a month for me. Bama was a good friend and mentor from back in my New Orleans days. I hadn't talked to him in a month or so, but I tried to keep in touch with him. What a great dude.

It's always the good guys with families that everyone likes that this happens to... I'm still in shock. I wish I could get away to go to the services.

Dammit.

Guest AFlyer55

I only knew Maj Faulkner for the few weeks since I tracked -38s, and he made an immediate impact on my life. He, as a Reserve Maj, volunteered to be our flight USEM when there was a vacancy, and had a practical, straightforward way of instructing us. I won't ever forget him. I pray that his family will be taken care of for as long as necessary.

Here's a suggestion for anybody who knew the mishap pilots. Write a short paragraph or two describing your interaction with them. Tell a bit about their personality and the good traits they possesed. Nothing fancy. Just a little something that their kids and/or family can read now or in the future.

I'll get the next of kin address within the next 24 hours.