Permissive TDY (PTDY)

Guest voltron

1 hour ago, hispeed7721 said:

FlyingForce - yes they can deny it. I can't imagine a supervisor actually doing that, but it is within their discretion.

One question - who, and why, would say something to your supervisor about it other than you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's just say in a unit like mine, cause it's so small, everyone knows everything about everyone. that being said, my supervisor met with my fellow peers who are also getting ready to PCS and one of them ratted on me... Yet they all get to go on PTDY still. Needless to say, im not to happy about it. 

Let's just say in a unit like mine, cause it's so small, everyone knows everything about everyone. that being said, my supervisor met with my fellow peers who are also getting ready to PCS and one of them ratted on me... Yet they all get to go on PTDY still. Needless to say, im not to happy about it. 

Fair enough...but unless you said "hey guys I already found a place, so I am just going to check out the local area," I'm not sure what basis anyone has to deny your PTDY. If you don't have somewhere that you FOR SURE will be living, then you're going PTDY to look for a place to live, aka house hunting. Absolutely don't lie to anyone, but don't short yourself either.

Also, your friend is a huge douche for, what seems like, intentionally trying to get in the way of your PTDY. What possible reason could there be for him/her to bring that up...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what I'm hearing you say is you think you have found a place online but you're not quite sure. You have the place reserved but haven't signed the lease. Seems like PTDY is due. Take that shoe clerk!

• Upvote 2

I would kick the kid who said something in the balls. Then I would tell your supervisor you in fact do not have a lease signed and are looking at places, and you will be more than happy to provide a copy of signed lease with date signed  if it's a issue. Anyone gives you shit I would march my ass straight to the IG office. 

• Upvote 1