Leather Flight Jacket

Guest b52g8r

The GPC office would be cool with it if we could justify it under reporting instructions, so far only CENTCOM specifies that it must be the MASSIF jacket. The GPC office wants to help me, but they want some form of reg that can justify buying A-2s for wear, and it's getting hard because so far it seems like they're really just for wear on the ground which is something the GPC can't authorize.

Allowance standard 16 shows what uniform items you will be issued (it's where it says we are issued flightsuits vs having to buy them)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.safety.af.mil/Portals/71/documents/Occupational/Resources/Allowance%2520Standards/AS016%2520as%2520of%252025%2520Mar%25202019_Special%2520Purpose%2520Clothing%2520and%2520Personal%2520Protecive%2520Equipment.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiUvuaLk8T5AhV7j2oFHQiKCQQQFnoECAcQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0Haxx0Rjc7SneiEm3TPinO

A-2 jacket is on page 142 on that document, issued to rated personnel and some others.

The problem with buying Pops jackets with unit funds are uniforms are supposed to be Berry amendment compliant, so the jacket would have to be manufactured in the US.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Moley said:

Reviving an old discussion, came across this locally for $25 and couldn't resist a Pops jacket for that much. 

Screenshot_20240404-191026_Facebook.jpg

Damn that is a fantastic find! I have it on good authority a new one from Pop’s costs just a *bit* more than $25 😅 Still well worth it, fantastic jacket.

On 4/4/2024 at 9:32 PM, nsplayr said:

Damn that is a fantastic find! I have it on good authority a new one from Pop’s costs just a *bit* more than $25 😅 Still well worth it, fantastic jacket.

I visited Pop's last summer and it was a shadow of its former self (I'm told, as it was my first visit, but the others in the group had been before.)