Smart phone

Techsan

The Ikeyboard was clearly designed for 5 foot tall Asian prostitutes because nobody else can possibly have hands that small...save carnival folk.

You'd be surprised. I've seen dudes with gorilla like hands typing away on the iPhone. The auto-correction feature works pretty good too so you just sort of type away and words you mess up will usually be corrected.

You'd be surprised. I've seen dudes with gorilla like hands typing away on the iPhone. The auto-correction feature works pretty good too so you just sort of type away and words you mess up will usually be corrected.

I'm assuming you were referring to me...

But he's right, the iphone keyboard is easy to use once you get used to it and the auto-correct function works great.

• 5 months later...

the thing that pisses me off about verizon is that if you buy blackberry with gps built in the only way to use it is pay an extra $15. you are already paying $30 to get the unlimited data and you paid for the phone, why should you have to pay to use all the features the manufacture intended. thats the main reason i switched to an iphone. i havent looked at the new phones that offer apps on verizon, but i cant imagine that they are free.

the thing that pisses me off about verizon is that if you buy blackberry with gps built in the only way to use it is pay an extra $15. you are already paying $30 to get the unlimited data and you paid for the phone, why should you have to pay to use all the features the manufacture intended. thats the main reason i switched to an iphone. i havent looked at the new phones that offer apps on verizon, but i cant imagine that they are free.

The iphone isn't much better. The plans are expensive. It's one of the main reasons why I want to stay with Sprint. With the military discount, I think I pay 63 bucks after tax that an iphone guy pays 80 something a month. That and because ATT won't let my wife and I combine into a family plan because we have different area codes.

AT&T does the same thing. Lucky for you and me, if you download Google maps for Blackberry, it will access your GPS function without you having to pay a dime. Works great on my BB Curve.

Edit: Google maps is free, BTW.

Edited by TacAirCoug

That and because ATT won't let my wife and I combine into a family plan because we have different area codes.

That's crazy dude, my wife and I def have different area codes and we combined out plans like 3 years ago without a question asked. I'd reattack that with a new person if possible...

Agreed that iPhone plans are expensive compared with Sprint everything plan. Used to be sprint but changed to get iPhone 3G when it came out. Haven't looked back since though b/c iPhone is undeniably sweet and feeds my time-wasting tendencies (Flight Control, watching videos, posting on baseops...)

That's crazy dude, my wife and I def have different area codes and we combined out plans like 3 years ago without a question asked. I'd reattack that with a new person if possible...

Yeah, I've fought the battle a few times over the past year, but I get the same thing. Apparently if the area codes are close enough, they can do it. Even though our area codes are both from Georgia, they wont combine them. One of the guys I talked to said we could do a business plan and it would work, but we wouldn't get a discount of any type. It's worth another shot though.

Does anyone here have a Palm Pre? I'm eligible for an upgrade and I'm thinking about getting it.

I got a pre...I like it. I have an iPod touch for movies/music during travel, but the Pre is nice. Still learning to us it, but the only complaint so far is battery life, but it's probably just what you pay for a phone with so many bells and whistles. Switched from ATT, and call quality is so much better, plus its cheaper.

Sprint also gives you 15% off every monthly recurring fee, whereas ATT only gives it off of the basic package (then you add data, etc and they don't discount it).

plus I hate apple, so this works well.

Yeah, I've fought the battle a few times over the past year, but I get the same thing. Apparently if the area codes are close enough, they can do it. Even though our area codes are both from Georgia, they wont combine them. One of the guys I talked to said we could do a business plan and it would work, but we wouldn't get a discount of any type. It's worth another shot though.

Interasante...I guess that never came up as her code is right next to mine geographically...good luck man b/c you're getting the shaft by not being able to share minutes, etc. Between free mobile-to-mobile, nights and weekends, etc. we usually rack up about 120 minutes a month max. Plus there's rollover so it becomes kinda superfluous...

plus I hate apple, so this works well.

Dude! Apple RULZ!!!! j/k but seriously, I love my mac/iphone combo...still have an xbox though

Edited by nsplayr

I ordered two iphone 3Gs last week & can't wait for 'em. Just found out today that they are on backorder. :banghead:

Me and my sister were lucky. We were able to take back our 3G's for the 3GS 16gig, with the 30 day return policy and still get the upgrade without any restock or extra fees applied. If you ordered your 3GS before the 15th your order should be at your AT&T provider location this Friday (19th). Did you use an upgrade or no? I haven't received any notice that the phones are on backorder. Then again, mine is being shipped to my local AT&T store where I'll go down and they'll have it waiting for me. Perhaps your having yours shipped to you?

Yup...supposed to be shipped to me via 2nd day air, and I placed my order last week on the 12th. Their website is still saying my order is being processed and should be shipped between 2-5 business days. I called their phone number, and it said that the phones are on backorder.

Oh yeah, we weren't eligible for a upgrade, so we just paid out of pocket. I plan on selling my tilt though via Ebay and hopefully get a little cash for it. Totally worth it though.

My wife's phone was supposed to be her anniversary gift...which was on the 14th. Ouch!

Yup...supposed to be shipped to me via 2nd day air, and I placed my order last week on the 12th. Their website is still saying my order is being processed and should be shipped between 2-5 business days. I called their phone number, and it said that the phones are on backorder.

Oh yeah, we weren't eligible for a upgrade, so we just paid out of pocket. I plan on selling my tilt though via Ebay and hopefully get a little cash for it. Totally worth it though.

My wife's phone was supposed to be her anniversary gift...which was on the 14th. Ouch!

Damn dude. I love the iPhone, but I just couldn't justify spending the full load without an upgrade. Your wife better like that phone :bohica:

It all depends on the area code. If one of the numbers is not in an area code that AT&T (Or any provider) services then they cant port the number from the other provider. In my case, my number was an area code that was serviced and my wife's was not. She had to get a new number from one of their service areas (Can be any area code) so she got a number in my area code and then we were able to combine in to a family plan.

It all depends on the area code. If one of the numbers is not in an area code that AT&T (Or any provider) services then they cant port the number from the other provider.

Yeah, but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me if my wife's number is from Atlanta and mine is from Central Georgia (the area codes border each other) why we can't combine into a family plan. ATT services both area codes. The crazy thing is I keep talking to different ATT reps and I keep getting different stories. Sprint can do it no problem, and I think I might stick with them. It's about 50 dollars cheaper per month for the same service.

Yeah, but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me if my wife's number is from Atlanta and mine is from Central Georgia (the area codes border each other) why we can't combine into a family plan. ATT services both area codes. The crazy thing is I keep talking to different ATT reps and I keep getting different stories. Sprint can do it no problem, and I think I might stick with them. It's about 50 dollars cheaper per month for the same service.

Yeah they gave me the same story today and then they spent about 4 hours fixin the problem. They ended up opening 2 separate accounts and then merged them. To me it makes no difference because there wasn't a difference between what they did and a normal family plan. Honestly the best customer service I've had from any place in years.

I got a pre...I like it. I have an iPod touch for movies/music during travel, but the Pre is nice. Still learning to us it, but the only complaint so far is battery life, but it's probably just what you pay for a phone with so many bells and whistles. Switched from ATT, and call quality is so much better, plus its cheaper.

I too have the Palm Pre / iPod Touch combo, and I think it gives you the best of both worlds: Wireless internet/touch interface on the Pre (for a lot less per month than ATT), and all the iPhone apps and games that you don't want to live without.

Granted, I have to be using WiFi to take advantage of the web apps on the iPod Touch, but that's a very minor inconvenience.

-9-

I too have the Palm Pre / iPod Touch combo, and I think it gives you the best of both worlds: Wireless internet/touch interface on the Pre (for a lot less per month than ATT), and all the iPhone apps and games that you don't want to live without.

Granted, I have to be using WiFi to take advantage of the web apps on the iPod Touch, but that's a very minor inconvenience.

-9-

I've yet to see the Palm Pre up close, but my new 3GS is flat out awesome. A night and day difference from the first 3G. Lightning fast speed and I've already utilized a chunk of apps that come in real handy. I've had zero connection problems so far and already a noticeable difference in battery duration. In no way shape or form do I consider myself a Mac dude, but I think they've got the best smart phone. If only they made a affordable computer that was up to date like the PC market.

Does anyone here have a Palm Pre? I'm eligible for an upgrade and I'm thinking about getting it.

Great reviews on the Palm Pre with many apps forthcoming for its OS. The Pre falls between the Blackberry and the iPhone.

Buy it and tell your friends how great it is!

Disclaimer: I own a ton of PALM shares.

Yeah, when I bought my 3GS week before last, I didn't realize they didn't come out until this past Friday...mine will be arriving tommorow. :rock:

I meant to tell you that while I was down at AT&T on Friday the store manager said if you don't want to wait you can bring your receipt into the store and they'll give you one right there and just do a return with your other one the day it shows. Sorry, I meant to tell you that when I got back on Friday. :bash:

I just got a windows mobile smartphone because I wanted a phone with Wifi to use for Skype and what not. I like it so far, but it seems like the WiFi connection speed is really slow when compared to my laptop, even when they are connected to the same network. Skype will work fine on my laptop, but be choppy on the smartphone. Anyone else experience this or know why the phone's wifi would be slower? I thought it might be because of my phone's processor speed, but it is a newer model (Samsung Epix) and is supposed to have a relatively fast processor.