Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, M2 said:

Not doubting what you overheard, but gun store employees are notorious for being full of shit sometimes...

I will ask around.  I was already extremely surprised it was only three months for Viper154, but 18 days in simply inconceivable!

tenor.gif?itemid=3811367

Oh I can imagine. Idk, could be complete shit, might not be. I didn't dig into it so who knows. The gun store employee seemed equally surprised. 

But with that said, this is probably one of the more legit gun stores around my area. The dudes are pretty knowledgeable on the stuff they sell. 

 

All's I know is not a lot. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Really?! Joking, right?! I am all about the second amendment, but is all of that necessary? I'm curious of the purpose of such extensive firepower. Obviously, firearm ownership lines have to b

nsplayr, you're weak exit is typical Cartman-esque liberal Democrat, if the other side doesn't capitulate to your line of logic, you're going home. Way to show your ass! Maybe if Obama/Biden wer

And I'm exercising my right to the First Amendment which I have defended (and continue to) for the last 17 years. I disagree with your view of the Second Amendment.

Posted Images

6 hours ago, M2 said:

Not doubting what you overheard, but gun store employees are notorious for being full of shit sometimes...

I will ask around.  I was already extremely surprised it was only three months for Viper154, but 18 days in simply inconceivable!

tenor.gif?itemid=3811367

I was equally as shocked. It was 4 or 5 years ago, things were a little calmer in the firearms market. I believe the ATF wait time page was 9-10 months at the time. Like I said, the store had some sort of extenuating circumstance with changing their license or something, but their were several us that were picking up our cans at the same time all equally shocked/happy. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ryleypav said:

Oh I can imagine. Idk, could be complete shit, might not be. I didn't dig into it so who knows. The gun store employee seemed equally surprised. 

But with that said, this is probably one of the more legit gun stores around my area. The dudes are pretty knowledgeable on the stuff they sell. 

All's I know is not a lot. 

I really hope it is true, as that might convince me to get one! 

The wait time has been one of the biggest deterrents for me... 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, M2 said:

I really hope it is true, as that might convince me to get one! 

The wait time has been one of the biggest deterrents for me... 

The way I see it, even if the wait time is 6-9 months, those 6-9 months are gonna go by anyway. You could either have a quiet tube at the end of that time span or not. The choice is yours. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oddly, my favorite gun shop here in Helotes--the Gun Shack--just posted they are now a Silencer Shop dealer! 

Here is their process...

Quote
No photo description available.

In partnership with them, we make the process as easy as can be! To purchase a suppressor, this is all you need to do:

• Click the link here or in our bio to create an account https://www.silencershop.com/gunshack/
• Purchase a silencer, either through Silencer Shop or by calling Gun Shack at 210-858-6882
• Purchase a tax stamp for $205
• Choose how you want to file – as an individual, a trust, or a corporation
• Submit your fingerprints and registration info at Gun Shack’s kiosk
• Download the Silencer Shop app on your smart phone and take a passport photo at Gun Shack
• Review and sign documents electronically
• Sit back and wait for your suppressor to come in!

Of course, the first question anyone asked was "what's the wait time?"  Their response...

Quote

 it honestly varies in time earliest we’ve seen was 5 months

But this, and the fact Biden hands out EOs like they're Halloween candy, may be the catalyst that motivates me to get a suppressor while they're still legal!

Stay tuned...

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, M2 said:

Oddly, my favorite gun shop here in Helotes--the Gun Shack--just posted they are now a Silencer Shop dealer! 

Here is their process...

Of course, the first question anyone asked was "what's the wait time?"  Their response...

But this, and the fact Biden hands out EOs like they're Halloween candy, may be the catalyst that motivates me to get a suppressor while they're still legal!

Stay tuned...

They're already pretty heavily regulated. I doubt they are going anywhere realistically. We shall see. 

 

And in no way defending anyone, just making a point, Trump signed more EOs in his first term, than either of the 3 past presidents in their first terms respectively. So, for now, Trump also handed them out like candy 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked up the Sig P365 the other day. Loving the sights on it. Light up like LEDs at night. The mags suck balls to load though. Spring is really stiff. The follower sucks too, speed loaders even struggle. But, its pretty small for being a 10+1. I ordered a pinky extension for one of the mags since it didn't come with it. Definitely a must if you dont have the extended 12rd mag. Slide lock is a bit tough, but I'm hoping that goes away with use. Overall, solid purchase for a solid price too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ryleypav said:

They're already pretty heavily regulated. I doubt they are going anywhere realistically. We shall see. 

 

And in no way defending anyone, just making a point, Trump signed more EOs in his first term, than either of the 3 past presidents in their first terms respectively. So, for now, Trump also handed them out like candy 😉

Since you opened that door, Trump signed a total of one EO on his first day in office repealing the "Affordable Care" Act.

Biden signed seventeen his first day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, M2 said:

Since you opened that door, Trump signed a total of one EO on his first day in office repealing the "Affordable Care" Act.

Biden signed seventeen his first day.

I know. I was speaking to his term. All we can do is wait and see what follows. But that discussion is for a different thread. 

 

Also managed to snag a case of 7.62x39 for a relatively decent price considering the current climate. All set on that stuff for now. The Zastava ZPAP M70 is a nice firearm. 

Edited by ryleypav
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ryleypav said:

Picked up the Sig P365 the other day. Loving the sights on it. Light up like LEDs at night. The mags suck balls to load though. Spring is really stiff. The follower sucks too, speed loaders even struggle. But, its pretty small for being a 10+1. I ordered a pinky extension for one of the mags since it didn't come with it. Definitely a must if you dont have the extended 12rd mag. Slide lock is a bit tough, but I'm hoping that goes away with use. Overall, solid purchase for a solid price too. 

I have about 300 rounds through my 365 and the slide lock hasn't improved.  I can't release it with my finger.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, uhhello said:

I have about 300 rounds through my 365 and the slide lock hasn't improved.  I can't release it with my finger.  

Ha, cool. Are the mags any easier to reload yet? I can release it with my finger occasionally. Well, with my thumb, but normally I have to pull back on the slide a little to release. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, ryleypav said:

Ha, cool. Are the mags any easier to reload yet? I can release it with my finger occasionally. Well, with my thumb, but normally I have to pull back on the slide a little to release. 

The stock 10 rounder requires a solid push to lock it in.  I can get the release with my thumb about every 10th time.   I don't carry a second mag right now currently so its not a huge issue.  Love the gun other than those two issues though.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, uhhello said:

The stock 10 rounder requires a solid push to lock it in.  I can get the release with my thumb about every 10th time.   I don't carry a second mag right now currently so its not a huge issue.  Love the gun other than those two issues though.  

I tried one of those speed loaders and that even sucks. My dad has a Beretta 92 and it loads those fantastic. These however jam up after 5 rds go in. Just will have to deal with my thumbs hurting after a few reloads at the range. Ive only put a few rounds through it but I love it. Its so small too, which is great for me since I'm not a big guy. Makes carrying and not worrying about a print that much better. T-shirts would be a stretch, but sweaters and thick clothes are perfect with the size of this gun.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ryleypav said:

I tried one of those speed loaders and that even sucks. My dad has a Beretta 92 and it loads those fantastic. These however jam up after 5 rds go in. Just will have to deal with my thumbs hurting after a few reloads at the range. Ive only put a few rounds through it but I love it. Its so small too, which is great for me since I'm not a big guy. Makes carrying and not worrying about a print that much better. T-shirts would be a stretch, but sweaters and thick clothes are perfect with the size of this gun.

  • #3Maglula 9mm UpLULA Universal Pistol Magazine Loader/Unloader: Best for Durability.
  • This has done the trick for my glock and sig mags with zero issues.  Its great.
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Target or Action shooting:

Dawson Precision fiber optic front w/ serrated black rear

Defensive shooting:

Ameriglo Hackathorn or Spartan, Trijicon HDXR, or a fiber optic like above if you have a light mounted

I’ve found I prefer a square notch rear, so I like the Ameriglos. The Trijicons have a u notch rear and are great sights. Might depend on what’s available for your particular handgun.

Edited by Shaft34
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2021 at 10:24 PM, uhhello said:

For what gun and how much if you don't mind me asking?

Got a Dead Air Wolfman for 9mm and 300 AAC. I’ll use it on a couple 9mm pistols and an AR .300. I got it through silencershop.com, who works through local dealers if you so choose. Mine was available immediately at a LGS, so that allowed the paperwork process to start immediately. About $1k total, including tax stamp and trust fee (I’m using their option to set up a trust for me vs. doing it all myself). 
 

Edit: Can also use it on .223 and 7.62 (semi auto only). I think it’ll be a great all-around can; I will probably buy another one at some point, but I can’t see myself buying more than that...rather spend that money on more guns/reloading supplies. 

Edited by brabus
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2021 at 12:23 PM, TreeA10 said:

I'm looking for Iron sights for concealed carry. Trijicon or Ameriglo seem to be fairly popular. 

I forgot to mention the TruGlo TFX or TFO sights. These are fiber optic with tritium inserts. I have the TFOs on a couple pistols (green/yellow) and like them. The TFXs are improved TFOs and available for more models. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...