Gun Talk

VL-16

On 9/23/2022 at 6:14 PM, RegularJoe said:

Does 10mm shoot more like a 45 +p or a .40?

Only have put 50 rds through the new Glock 10mm, so hard to say confidently, but I’d lean more towards .40 (snappier feel vs. slow and pronounced). I will say it’s been much better to shoot than I thought it would be. Of course that’s only with 180 FMJ, we’ll see how it is with the 220 hard cast I’ll be loading. 

BBCA7D3D-0D55-4B63-BAE1-9C54BB348D1E.thumb.jpeg.9a2459deeda6eecca8132f48ef589d62.jpeg

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, arg said:

“One of the strictest things we have in the military is weapons accountability. So these weapons are missing somewhere from a U.S. armory, and somebody doesn’t know it. That’s the scary thing about that for the U.S. military right now,” he continued. "

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/how-a-houston-couple-scored-a-dozen-full-auto-m16s/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=20220930_FridayDigest_402g&utm_campaign=/digest/how-a-houston-couple-scored-a-dozen-full-auto-m16s/

Not to be confused with the times when it's done on purpose...

_yNsJJm8lrEe6H7o.jpg

(left behind in Afghanistan)

Edited by StoleIt

• 1 month later...

They'll just re-pass the exact same law with one word different and make people challenge it, just like they did this time.  Too bad the judge didn't hold some of the lawmakers in contempt for clearly passing a law that was more restrictive than the one ruled unconstitutional.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/25/2022 at 10:33 AM, brabus said:

Only have put 50 rds through the new Glock 10mm, so hard to say confidently, but I’d lean more towards .40 (snappier feel vs. slow and pronounced). I will say it’s been much better to shoot than I thought it would be. Of course that’s only with 180 FMJ, we’ll see how it is with the 220 hard cast I’ll be loading. 

BBCA7D3D-0D55-4B63-BAE1-9C54BB348D1E.thumb.jpeg.9a2459deeda6eecca8132f48ef589d62.jpeg

Right with ya!! Picked mine up yesterday 

• Upvote 1

Been dragging my feet for years on aftermarket triggers. Finally installed a Giessele SSA in one of my ARs - phenomenal difference from the mil spec trigger (from Aero Precision, so not a slouch of a company). Do it, it’s quite possibly the best upgrade you can do on an AR. 

Question for the masses: Sig 365 macro, Glock 43x, or Glock 48 MOS.  This will be a my utility weapon for concealed carry/car carry/home defense for the next couple years. 

Background: I'm not a 9mm fan, but it's just so handy and available.  I can get the glocks at a significant mil-discount ($379) at my local man store, so that's a strong pull.  I like how the sig shoots, but I haven't fired the 43x or 48 yet.  I plan to rent each before I buy.

I eventually plan to have purpose specific weapons for concealed, home defense, an AR, a long rifle...etc.  In the immediate term, as this is my christmas present, I'm looking for something that's concealable, reliable, and versatile for immediate defense until my budget can afford those others in several years.

I'll be happy to hear from anyone that's got experience or thoughts to share.

Edited by FourFans130

43X - perfect balance of size, capacity, and quality. I like bigger cartridges too, but I also like having a pistol that I’m comfortable carrying (IWB) all 4 seasons in any situation (t-shirt/shorts is no problem). I can keep it on my hip all day - driving, sitting, whatever. Whatever you choose, if it’s not comfortable AND works for you to put rounds ONLY where you want them, then it’s a bad carry gun (for you). Quality wise, I have several Glocks with thousands of rounds through them - excellent pistols that I trust my and my family’s lives against humans and dangerous wildlife. I’ll probably never carry any other company’s pistol (not to say there aren’t many great companies out there). 

• Upvote 2

For those that don't know, Glock has Blue Label deals for active and retired military. Ask your local Glock dealer or go on the Glock website to locate them. The deals are very, very good. 

I carry the Glock 43 and looking to switch to the 43x to get the additional rounds. 

• Upvote 1

For those that don't know, Glock has Blue Label deals for active and retired military. Ask your local Glock dealer or go on the Glock website to locate them. The deals are very, very good. 
I carry the Glock 43 and looking to switch to the 43x to get the additional rounds. 

If you ever find yourself at Pease or somewhere in the Boston metro area, the Sig Sauer pro shop in Epping NH will give you 25% off up to two firearms per year. They will ship them as well. I don’t know if they offer the same for online sales since I live close by, but it would be worth checking out.

I purchased a P365 XL and I really like it.

My son purchased a HK VP9 and I really like that one as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

On 11/28/2022 at 6:15 AM, FourFans130 said:

Question for the masses: Sig 365 macro, Glock 43x, or Glock 48 MOS.  This will be a my utility weapon for concealed carry/car carry/home defense for the next couple years. 

Background: I'm not a 9mm fan, but it's just so handy and available.  I can get the glocks at a significant mil-discount ($379) at my local man store, so that's a strong pull.  I like how the sig shoots, but I haven't fired the 43x or 48 yet.  I plan to rent each before I buy.

I eventually plan to have purpose specific weapons for concealed, home defense, an AR, a long rifle...etc.  In the immediate term, as this is my christmas present, I'm looking for something that's concealable, reliable, and versatile for immediate defense until my budget can afford those others in several years. 

I'll be happy to hear from anyone that's got experience or thoughts to share.
The only thing I've found to be pretty annoying with G43x is finding a good holster - it's all kydex. Literally all kydex! Luckily one of the nearby outdoor stores (  https://gritroutdoors.com/ ) had leather Galco one, still was like 40 minute drive there and back, so somewhat annoying.

I'd say Sig or 43,  both 365 and G43X(my personal carry) are pretty similar, at least were when I've been demoing those at the range. If you can get those at decent discount definitely go with 43x

Edited by Jtanner

On 11/29/2022 at 11:41 AM, Scooter14 said:

If you ever find yourself at Pease or somewhere in the Boston metro area, the Sig Sauer pro shop in Epping NH will give you 25% off up to two firearms per year. They will ship them as well. I don’t know if they offer the same for online sales since I live close by, but it would be worth checking out.

I purchased a P365 XL and I really like it.

My son purchased a HK VP9 and I really like that one as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

About 9 months ago they told me in person only for the discount. Policy must have changed.