Gun Talk

VL-16

On 2/24/2022 at 9:14 PM, brabus said:

One year later - I finally got my suppressor. The ATF sucks, but the suppressor is awesome! Word on the street is with the new e-filing for Form 4s, wait time is now 90 day or less. 

So far have only shot my 300 BLK; could shoot all day without ear pro…the difference is pretty amazing. Also plan on using it on the 9mm PCC, .223, and 9mm pistol. The 300 BLK and PCC will be the best platforms for it, but might as well on the other two, because why not!

Which can did you go with?

Just finished an AR-15 build and it is time to get a good suppressor.  

Anyone know when the Efiling starts?

3 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

Which can did you go with?

Just finished an AR-15 build and it is time to get a good suppressor.  

Anyone know when the Efiling starts?

Deadair Wolfman. I’m incredibly impressed with it; amazing on 300 BLK and 9mm. Haven’t shot it yet on .223, but it’ll work on any .30 cal or smaller round, full auto with subs, semi with supers.

I used silencer co for purchase and NFA Trust (not all states accept their single shot trust version, so I went with old tried and true). Find a store with one of their kiosks for digital prints, and they have them for life when you buy more NFA items. They’re doing the e-forms now - 78 days for a guy here. Highly recommend silencer co for a one stop shop (and great customer service). 

Edited by brabus
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Smokin said:

By the way, I'm at 13 months and counting, so hopefully the e-file speeds things up considerably.  Or even better, just allow you to buy it without the paperwork.

Thanks!  I thought I read there was a slight delay, appreciate the info.

10 hours ago, brabus said:

Deadair Wolfman. I’m incredibly impressed with it; amazing on 300 BLK and 9mm. Haven’t shot it yet on .223, but it’ll work on any .30 cal or smaller round, full auto with subs, semi with supers.

I used silencer co for purchase and NFA Trust (not all states accept their single shot trust version, so I went with old tried and true). Find a store with one of their kiosks for digital prints, and they have them for life when you buy more NFA items. They’re doing the e-forms now - 78 days for a guy here. Highly recommend silencer co for a one stop shop (and great customer service). 

Thanks brother, time to get to work.  I've built a few ARs and tricked out PC Charger, can't wait to get a can on them.

You would love the Wolfman on the charger for sure. One thing to consider is find a company you think you’ll want to generally stick with. They all have their own mounting solutions (e.g. quick connect muzzle devices), so if you buy multiple cans you can use them with one muzzle device system. Of course this is N/A if you think you’ll just match a can to each firearm you want suppressed. But, I really like that I can use one can on every firearm I care to suppress.

• 1 month later...
D.A. in Chief trying to ban 9mm "high caliber" weapons.

"Biden calls 9mm ‘high-caliber weapons,’ suggests banning them" - Yahoo News

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-says-9mm-bullet-blows-lung-out-body-1711551

I was a paramedic in college and my first gunshot victim was shot 8-10 times in his chest and abdomen with a 9mm. All of his internal organs remained inside his body. Maybe POTUS should visit an ER and see for himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, disgruntledemployee said:

Everyone would then switch to a "lower" caliber, like the 40 or 45, because, you know, its a smaller number.

.50 S&W is only half...just sayin'...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New York's response was to turn around and enact an even more restrictive gun control laws.  'sure, we'll issue permits, but the permits won't be valid anywhere you go'.

On another note, 22LR pistol with a silencer... AR-15 pistol platform or standard pistol frame?  Just for some fun plinking and maybe squirrel control in the yard.  My silencer can be taken apart to clean, so rimfire will be some cleaning work afterwards, but won't ruin the silencer.  Plus side with the actual pistol is standard velocity 22lr should still be subsonic in the <4" barrel, but the AR will be more accurate and likely more fun.  Not necessarily looking at just these two, but this is ballpark of what I'm looking to get:

AR pistol 7" barrel: https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/260753

M&P22 pistol: https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/175906

• 2 months later...

Went with my neighbor to purchase one and I myself  “accidentally” walked out with a shotgun I had been searching for over a year. He bought the Taurus to fit in the glove compartment for his Mach 1 and enjoys shooting it. May have been the GX3 but probably the same. Only issue is the slide release has minimal capture/tough to release. Not a long term review and there might be other issues don’t know. Will get better with time but there will be mods probably like I did to my Glock garbage slide release. Although not my primary, much easy to capture.

Edited by AirGuardianC141747

This is tempting me...

XDME94510BHCOSP_LA.jpg

The new XD-M Elite 4.5” OSP 10mm combines all the refinements of the Elite series with the impressive power of the 10mm cartridge. Offering an impressive 16+1 capacity, the pistol features the Match Enhanced Trigger Assembly (META) with a flat face, crisp break and integral overtravel stop. Additional features include an optics-cut slide, an extended/removable flared magwell, improved slide serrations and an ambidextrous slide stop. The result is a highly shootable — and remarkably powerful — polymer-framed pistol.

https://www.springfield-armory.com/xd-series-handguns/xd-m-elite-handguns/xd-m-elite-45-osp-10mm-handgun/

I just need to find a dealer that actually has one at or below the MSRP of $653!

9 hours ago, M2 said:

This is tempting me...

XDME94510BHCOSP_LA.jpg

The new XD-M Elite 4.5” OSP 10mm combines all the refinements of the Elite series with the impressive power of the 10mm cartridge. Offering an impressive 16+1 capacity, the pistol features the Match Enhanced Trigger Assembly (META) with a flat face, crisp break and integral overtravel stop. Additional features include an optics-cut slide, an extended/removable flared magwell, improved slide serrations and an ambidextrous slide stop. The result is a highly shootable — and remarkably powerful — polymer-framed pistol.

https://www.springfield-armory.com/xd-series-handguns/xd-m-elite-handguns/xd-m-elite-45-osp-10mm-handgun/

I just need to find a dealer that actually has one at or below the MSRP of $653!

Does 10mm shoot more like a 45 +p or a .40?

14 minutes ago, busdriver said:

Friends don't let friends buy plastic guns.  At least not as range toys.  Just commit to the real deal, buy a 2011.  You'll never look at tupperware the same again.

The new DS Prodigy?  Not a fan...

11 minutes ago, M2 said:

The new DS Prodigy?  Not a fan...

I suspect that one is gonna take some tinkering or a trip to a smith (that's familiar with competition guns) to get running correctly.  At least the 5 inch one, that's a lot of mass for "normal" 9mm.

Or go with Bul Armory,  Staccato, Masterpiece Arms, Atlas Gunworks, Infinity.  In increasing cost.