Gun Talk

VL-16

• 2 weeks later...

Bleh. The XD-S has been out for ages. Hell, even Taurus makes a decent single-stack 9mm (the Slim). Glock is touting this as something new and special, which it isn't...

You clearly don't get it, it's a Glock so it just works, it's a tool, it solves all your shooting problems, and cancer.....

Speaking of Glocks, I pulled mine out of the range bag today to shoot for the local CCW class and realized I hadn't shot it since putting a set of XS Big Dots on it. Too late to do anything at that point other than just shoot. Turns out they're a badass setup, very quick. Haven't shot them past 7 yards, but for rational pistol range i like very much.

I delved into the world of 1911. I like, a lot.

Well done! :thumbsup:

I badly want a TRP, but with a son getting ready to go to college in the fall, it'll have to wait! :darkcloud:

That said, if I sold the four Springfield 1911s I already have, I could afford one. I just can't bring myself to do that!

Cheers! M2

• Upvote 1

I badly want a TRP, but with a son getting ready to go to college in the fall, it'll have to wait!

M2!! This is real progress! You've actually managed to prioritize your son's education over an addition to your arsenal. This could be the first step in your addiction recovery..... We're proud of you, man, really proud!!

:beer:

Every once in a while "it's looks cool and it's expensive, so it must be good" works out. Got to handle a Glock 42 the other night, trigger was a bit heavy but felt nice in the hand. I'll probably end up with a 43 when they actually show up in stores.

I delved into the world of 1911. I like, a lot.

NICE! Welcome, it's a sickness...you'll want more.

The Springfield TRP is one of the best production 1911s. Your next step is the semi-custom and custom realm.

Speaking of...I'm getting the itch to buy another 1911. The TRP is high on my list but I recently flew with a Captain who picked up a Dan Wesson, which has piqued my interest. He has a TRP as well and had nothing by great things to say about his DW. I have always heard good things about DW, a Valor may just be my next purchase.

DSC_3924.jpg

Edited by SocialD
  • Upvote 1

Based on small parts quality, the Valor is better than the TRP. You can't go wrong with either though. Both are still production guns, but they are at the higher end of the production 1911 price range. Also, consider the Colt Special Combat Government line (if you can find one). They're built in the Colt Custom Shop but technically aren't custom guns either.

http://www.colt.com/Catalog/Pistols/SpecialCombatGovernment®.aspx

Sickness is right! I've been eye fucking a Dan Wesson Compact Guardian, like I need another $1k+ handgun less than a week later!

Hit up the range on the way home today, trip 3 for the TRP. It's stupid accurate and my trigger control is shit, I'm having to really concentrate on isolating my trigger finger from my hands. I always knew my guns shoot better than I do, but this one gave me a glimpse at something amazing.

Anyone got a good method of catching/collecting brass on n indoor range? This is going to get very expensive and I'd like to start reloading.

EDIT: Thought it deserved a better snappost-2263-0-69218900-1428369386_thumb.jp

Edited by busdriver

Anyone got a good method of catching/collecting brass on n indoor range? This is going to get very expensive and I'd like to start reloading.

Depends what they'll let you do. A tarp under your station works decently well.

You AF guys and your fixation with 100+ year old gun technology and open carry. :D Us Army guys like H&Ks concealed. Who's the bad guy going to target first? And who is going to put a round through his bean on the next shot? ;)

Let us know how it works out.

Still waiting on the local CCP, but it's been on the belt for five hours now. Comfortable enough for having a big hunk of steel in my pants (yes I said that), definitely need an undershirt though as the grips/ serrations are a bit harsh on the skin.post-2263-0-02437400-1428455496_thumb.jppost-2263-0-50159500-1428455539_thumb.jp

Breckey, that's what the Glock 26 is for....

Dan Wessons are very nice. I wish they were about $400-500 cheaper, like they were about 5 or 6 years ago (granted, they use slightly better small parts now). The $1K CBOB was a good deal, in my opinion.

1911s conceal pretty well in a Crossbreed Supertuck.