Fort Smith conversion

Guest TBear

z. Hey, I thought this thread was about the Fort Smith jets with cool new paint jobs. BTW Rainman, I didn't know you owned a tractor. I never figured you as a farmer type.

Guest Rainman A-10
I never figured you as a farmer type.

Hobby farmer.

I have a horse barn full of snowmobiles, dirt bikes, ATVs, tractor, tractor attachments, fuel cans, power tools, weights and weight machines...but no horses (yet). Can't seem to get away from playin' in the mud. I've just dropped a little lower (from 100' to 6'4")...but not much slower.

Back on point...

Yes, the Ft Smith paint jobs are really cool and yes Ft Smith is a great unit with excellent leadership, great people, fantastic airspace for flying A-10s and a low cost of living in a very supportive community. It is commuter challenged for airline guys but that is up to the leadership to sort out how they want to handle that. FWIW, it would be my first choice ANG location to fly A-10s. Once they get past the conversion pain and blend some A-10 experience into their hiring process it will be fantastic A-10 squadron, I'm sure.

Guest Rainman A-10
..."eat a bowl of dicks." Who uses that?? Never heard it til I got to reading this site.

Agreed.

"eat a bowl of dicks."

That phrase, my friends, is a HerkDerka exclusive. He's told many on this site (including yours truly on numerous occasions), since he was a lowly T-44 student to go do just that.

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle

gijoe.jpg