SOS/ACSC information

Guest rumblefish_2

The most useful part is the networking to find out useful tips from the support Os such as how to get a fuel truck in <1 hour. The least useful part is the 6-8 hrs of bullshit per day they have you doing to prevent networking. 

Also bring a crock pot, hot plate, or something. Despite nearly all of lodging being filled by people tdy 5+weeks there is no kitchenette in the rooms. You get a mini-fridge and microwave. The one dfac you can eat at is barely open but you'll being walking out after one look at the "food" they have.

Edited by LiquidSky

I actually really enjoyed SOS. Had a great flight and flight CC (C-130 pilot). Also had a controversial idea to show up there and not be an asshole to the non-pilots and just try to learn and make friends. Seemed to work out well.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Danger41 said:

I actually really enjoyed SOS. Had a great flight and flight CC (C-130 pilot). Also had a controversial idea to show up there and not be an asshole to the non-pilots and just try to learn and make friends. Seemed to work out well.

And there was drinking and flickerball!

My flight was great; flt/cc not so much. We had 4 DGs, 2 deserving (but one didn’t want or need it because he was prior E and was going to retire ASAP).

The most eye-opening experience was the fake promotion board. The nonners in my class picked a guy with a referral OPR for a felony, but then great strats on his following OPRs over an F-16 WIC grad with fair to good strats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had the drinking competitions been graded our flight would have finished at least top third! 

Best was at ASBC. One Lt in my class failed the first test, so our flight/cc asked me to share my study habits. My response was “Ma’am I don’t think a 12 pack of Heineken and not doing the reading is going to work out for her.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1