Mustache March

john

On 9/29/2018 at 2:09 PM, M2 said:

I thought Canuks could already have beards...but I guess I've just met a lot of Pioneer Sergeants!

Pioneer%20Sergeant.jpg?itok=dZ0AL5VQ

But then there's these guys...

216e7ca6273c80a3432a882089c7c437--canadi

And speaking of beards, has the USAF lower it's standards for issuing shaving waivers?  It seems like I see more and more airmen in uniform with beards lately than I ever recalled in the past...

I just can't muster the energy to care about an airman with a shaving waiver.  Feels hypocritical after all the bitching I've done when a chief corrected my patches, sunglasses on my head, or the lack of a reflective belt.  Fuck, at least these guys have documentation allowing them to skirt the regs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/30/2018 at 4:09 AM, M2 said:

I thought Canuks could already have beards...but I guess I've just met a lot of Pioneer Sergeants!

Pioneer%20Sergeant.jpg?itok=dZ0AL5VQ

But then there's these guys...

216e7ca6273c80a3432a882089c7c437--canadi

And speaking of beards, has the USAF lower it's standards for issuing shaving waivers?  It seems like I see more and more airmen in uniform with beards lately than I ever recalled in the past...

Quote from your article - 

"Some of the only roles allowed a beard on parade include Pioneer Sergeants, Drum Majors, Pipe Majors, Bugle Majors and Goat Majors.

Who Is The Pioneer Sergeant?" 

WTF? GOAT MAJORS!? AND YOURE ASKING WHAT A PIONEER SERGEANT IS!? TELL ME ABOUT THE GOAT MAJOR!?!?!?!?!?

Edited by FLEA
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, FLEA said:

Quote from your article - 

WTF? GOAT MAJORS!? AND YOURE ASKING WHAT A PIONEER SERGEANT IS!? TELL ME ABOUT THE GOAT MAJOR!?!?!?!?!?

Rank inception: Goat Major is a Sergeant. 38C8C3CB-07C1-4AA7-A8A3-DC1355724E36.jpeg.73f3b9042b180a65f0dc3d4dc067dc66.jpeg

On 9/29/2018 at 4:02 PM, Smokin said:

Yes.  Was doing a shelf check at the BX a few weeks ago and overheard two airmen that had dr appointments to get their waiver the next week.  "Easy bro, just dry shave for 3 days before your appointment and you're golden."

Old WG/CC directed rescinding all shaving waivers and made people get new ones, and had a sit down with the med group about it. That helped. 

• 1 year later...