Mustache March

john

On 9/29/2018 at 2:09 PM, M2 said:

I thought Canuks could already have beards...but I guess I've just met a lot of Pioneer Sergeants!

Pioneer%20Sergeant.jpg?itok=dZ0AL5VQ

But then there's these guys...

216e7ca6273c80a3432a882089c7c437--canadi

And speaking of beards, has the USAF lower it's standards for issuing shaving waivers?  It seems like I see more and more airmen in uniform with beards lately than I ever recalled in the past...

I just can't muster the energy to care about an airman with a shaving waiver.  Feels hypocritical after all the bitching I've done when a chief corrected my patches, sunglasses on my head, or the lack of a reflective belt.  Fuck, at least these guys have documentation allowing them to skirt the regs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/30/2018 at 4:09 AM, M2 said:

I thought Canuks could already have beards...but I guess I've just met a lot of Pioneer Sergeants!

Pioneer%20Sergeant.jpg?itok=dZ0AL5VQ

But then there's these guys...

216e7ca6273c80a3432a882089c7c437--canadi

And speaking of beards, has the USAF lower it's standards for issuing shaving waivers?  It seems like I see more and more airmen in uniform with beards lately than I ever recalled in the past...

Quote from your article - 

"Some of the only roles allowed a beard on parade include Pioneer Sergeants, Drum Majors, Pipe Majors, Bugle Majors and Goat Majors.

Who Is The Pioneer Sergeant?" 

WTF? GOAT MAJORS!? AND YOURE ASKING WHAT A PIONEER SERGEANT IS!? TELL ME ABOUT THE GOAT MAJOR!?!?!?!?!?

Edited by FLEA
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, FLEA said:

Quote from your article - 

WTF? GOAT MAJORS!? AND YOURE ASKING WHAT A PIONEER SERGEANT IS!? TELL ME ABOUT THE GOAT MAJOR!?!?!?!?!?

Rank inception: Goat Major is a Sergeant. 38C8C3CB-07C1-4AA7-A8A3-DC1355724E36.jpeg.73f3b9042b180a65f0dc3d4dc067dc66.jpeg

On 9/29/2018 at 4:02 PM, Smokin said:

Yes.  Was doing a shelf check at the BX a few weeks ago and overheard two airmen that had dr appointments to get their waiver the next week.  "Easy bro, just dry shave for 3 days before your appointment and you're golden."

Old WG/CC directed rescinding all shaving waivers and made people get new ones, and had a sit down with the med group about it. That helped. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/29/2022 at 2:58 PM, nsplayr said:

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2022/05/27/military-services-lighten-facial-hair-and-uniforms-new-policies.html

We're winning boys...one 1/4" at a time 😆  Trench warfare on the road to victory (full beards) but the Krauts are in a tactical retreat and we're moving our lines up!

Meanwhile, the enlisted force have blitzkrieged with shaving/religion/IDGAF waivers and are all wearing beards these days.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Seriously said:

Meanwhile, the enlisted force have blitzkrieged with shaving/religion/IDGAF waivers and are all wearing beards these days.

And that's the just the " women" but I'm not a biologist so I might be wrong. 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, nsplayr said:

In a utopian genderless future, everyone is treated equally 😁

Random factoid unrelated to this thread and most probably have heard, but this dude (Tim Colceri) was originally supposed to play Gunnery Sargent Hartman. R. Lee Ermey was just an advisor, but Ermey did such a good job berating the shit out of people auditioning for the earlier boot camp scenes that Kubrick gave him the part over Colceri. SAUCE

15 hours ago, nsplayr said:

Funny you should post that. Years ago, I'm at Carlos Murphys West in Tucson for a 4th of July soiree. I'm with another A-10 dude and somehow we end up taking to this liberal couple. When they find out we are Hawg drivers, the liberal chick says, "How can you gun down women and children." Well, if ever a softball question was tossed my way, that was it. Just like the movie quote, I replied "It's easy, you just don't lead them as much." The shocked looks on their faces was absolutely priceless.  We also ended up drinking with a midget wrestler who was the regional distributor for Coors but that's another story. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2022 at 1:31 PM, TreeA10 said:

We also ended up drinking with a midget wrestler who was the regional distributor for Coors but that's another story. 

Classic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 7/26/2022 at 10:11 PM, nsplayr said:

Bit of useless trivia, the door gunner was originally casted as the drill Sgt , but the Gunny became a legend for his performance. 

• Upvote 2

On 7/26/2022 at 8:40 PM, Seriously said:

When I came in the early 80's we had guys sporting little Hitler moosestaches , looked like hell, went TDY to Baggotville CFB and saw the USAF attachment all sporting beards due to the harsh conditions there in the winter. Have a reservist MSgt who works with me who got a Nordic waiver, I told him he should have a name tape in Nordic Rune's to answer any questions. I'm all for it, since we recognize all other interest groups with accommodations why not the Vikings.

On 7/26/2022 at 8:40 PM, Seriously said:

I only break out my IDGAF waiver when it’s a .80/320 one leg home on day 4.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Prosuper said:

Bit of useless trivia, the door gunner was originally casted as the drill Sgt , but the Gunny became a legend for his performance. 

Tim Colceri.  Sent me an autographed poster with "Get Some!" written on it several years back.

A really nice guy (Vietnam USMC vet), but the Gunny (who I also met, and have his autograph on a grenade) was made for the role...

• Like 1