Mustache March

john

Shaved mine off yesterday in London.

Figured Brit Security wouldn't find it funny if I did the AH stache.. not to mention my pax or my company!

But it was a fun month~

Motch

There are still some great CCs out there. I grew a pretty rediculous stache (Brabus can vouch) and when our OG saw it he looked at me and said "Nice." I felt like I had banged my kindergarten teacher.

There are still some great CCs out there. I grew a pretty rediculous stache (Brabus can vouch) and when our OG saw it he looked at me and said "Nice." I felt like I had banged my kindergarten teacher.

Our OG had a pretty legit stache. He's one of the good ones.

• 10 months later...

Mandatory Mustache March for all MAJCOM commanders - From the Air Force Association Facebook page:

Gen. Mark A. Welsh III just spoke at AFA's Air Warfare Symposium and he announced that the month of March will officially be known as Mustache March. He asked each of his MAJCOM Commanders to participate in the mustache competition and at the end of the month he will announce the winner of the best mustache.

• Upvote 6

Mandatory Mustache March for all MAJCOM commanders - From the Air Force Association Facebook page:

Wg/CCs will wait for specific direction from MAJCOM/CCs to be allowed to implement Mustache march.

I love how Robin Olds is the poster child for the new USAF sanctioned mustache March but absent is the real history behind it.

"It (mustache) became the middle finger I couldn't raise in PR photographs. The mustache became my silent last word in the verbal battles I was losing with HHQ on rules, targets and fighting the war. -Robin Olds

Count me out. I'll be damned if I'll take part in one more diluted "we are all equal" USAF tradition. 12 yrs was a good run but the new MM for me is not growing one at all and calling out the people who don;t even understand the real non-censored history behind it.

• Upvote 1

Anyone else pissed off that AF leadership seems to be more concerned with promoting Mustache March and messages of mutual respect than with being honest and forthcoming with regards to force shaping?

Anyone else pissed off that AF leadership seems to be more concerned with promoting Mustache March and messages of mutual respect than with being honest and forthcoming with regards to force shaping?

Nope, not pissed at all. This was at the AFA symposium, so its not like there was anything of substance talked about anyways. Better for the CSAF to use the stump to try and rally the troops than to try and justify bloated, politically driven programs.

• Upvote 1

Not directing this at anyone in particular, as I am guilty of this as well, but Gen Welsh has actually made moves to increase morale in spite of the Air Force's dismal outlook (budgets/force shaping, etc.) Yeah things aren't perfect and we got a long way to go, but thank God Skeletor II is done destroying our Air Force and we got someone who seems to genuinely care.

• Upvote 2